New Update Coming Soon!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: New Update Coming Soon!

Post by mockingbird288z »

Thuraya wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 23:00
mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 22:03 ...(possibly the TV is just the Cinema-tron Tv we've had for awhile)...
The new TV seems to be four tiles wide, judging from the image below where they could have taken their artistic freedom and from the video which seems to be taken from the game. I know we don't neccessarily get everything they show in their teasers, but they have a little less freedom to just make up new items and animations. The Cinema-tron TV is only three tiles wide, so I doubt they are the same.
DlWF0lqVsAA9q3I.jpeg
And that wider view of the pic made me look at the counters again. Looks like a new blue and white version of the chalet counters. I'm all for having more variants but it would also be nice to get some brand new counters.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 22:03 Since EA/FM realized how much money they can make from Live Events we've had them all time time. Update after update and once there were two new live events in one update. Most recent back to back new live events was in the Home Makeover update (Backyard Beautification live event) and the Kids Party update (Kids Party Live event). Does that mean this next update is going to contain a new level event? Not necessarily. But if there's not a new live event I bet anything there will be a repeat one for sure.

I'm not sure the home theater is going to be the focus. The sneak peak videos and the teaser pics and shown a lot of different new things. We've got the circular fish tanks, the new king-sized bed and new side tables, the new theater seats (possibly the TV is just the Cinema-tron Tv we've had for awhile), new lights, and looks like a new door, new popcorn machine, and new dishwasher.

The videos are set up to look like a celebrity is giving a tour of their home. While that part looks like it could be from a discovery quest and the celebrity is a new NPC that could just be for the trailer. All the items could also just be from a live event. Like some sort of "Celebrity Style" live event. The prize packs could have the new bed in various colors, new bed side tables, the theater seats could be one pack, the lights another... with maybe the grand prize being the house.

We'll just have to wait and see what the update brings!
Thank uuu, but with all honesty we can all agree that its not that exciting.
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 04:32
Thuraya wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 23:00
mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 22:03 ...(possibly the TV is just the Cinema-tron Tv we've had for awhile)...
The new TV seems to be four tiles wide, judging from the image below where they could have taken their artistic freedom and from the video which seems to be taken from the game. I know we don't neccessarily get everything they show in their teasers, but they have a little less freedom to just make up new items and animations. The Cinema-tron TV is only three tiles wide, so I doubt they are the same.
DlWF0lqVsAA9q3I.jpeg
And that wider view of the pic made me look at the counters again. Looks like a new blue and white version of the chalet counters. I'm all for having more variants but it would also be nice to get some brand new counters.
Plus in the last second with the pregnant woman, you can see that there’s also a verison with all white countertops with black lines/shades
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

6lackestmoon wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 09:26
mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 22:03 Since EA/FM realized how much money they can make from Live Events we've had them all time time. Update after update and once there were two new live events in one update. Most recent back to back new live events was in the Home Makeover update (Backyard Beautification live event) and the Kids Party update (Kids Party Live event). Does that mean this next update is going to contain a new level event? Not necessarily. But if there's not a new live event I bet anything there will be a repeat one for sure.

I'm not sure the home theater is going to be the focus. The sneak peak videos and the teaser pics and shown a lot of different new things. We've got the circular fish tanks, the new king-sized bed and new side tables, the new theater seats (possibly the TV is just the Cinema-tron Tv we've had for awhile), new lights, and looks like a new door, new popcorn machine, and new dishwasher.

The videos are set up to look like a celebrity is giving a tour of their home. While that part looks like it could be from a discovery quest and the celebrity is a new NPC that could just be for the trailer. All the items could also just be from a live event. Like some sort of "Celebrity Style" live event. The prize packs could have the new bed in various colors, new bed side tables, the theater seats could be one pack, the lights another... with maybe the grand prize being the house.

We'll just have to wait and see what the update brings!
Thank uuu, but with all honesty we can all agree that its not that exciting.
I don’t know, if that’s really a dishwasher it’s exciting for me. ☺️
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

How many tv do our sims need? I am fine with dishwasher, at least it's something we still dont have. Nicer if the sims get new cellphones or tablets...LOL!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Wonder how it would affect cleaning up the cooking hobby if it is a dishwasher
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

I look forward for the next event as there will be new pre-built house template
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Just watched the preview on make2 and the new house template looks like it might be worth the effort of a live event. But the dishwasher that you get from the quest is what I'm really excited about. My cooking sims will be sooo pleased they don't need to clean dishes anymore :)
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

Simbellini wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:11 Just watched the preview on make2 and the new house template looks like it might be worth the effort of a live event. But the dishwasher that you get from the quest is what I'm really excited about. My cooking sims will be sooo pleased they don't need to clean dishes anymore :)
I’m sorry but i’m already sick of the chalet style countertops, they’re relying too much on it. I want something different maybe new shapes?
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I love the new dishwashers! The HANs panel is cool. I don't think it is completely necessary, but it is fun to be able to control lighting and curtains all at once. The colored lighting could be useful for special effects.

I am less excited about the live event. The theatre stuff is nice, and I am happy to have new refrigerators. In the Make 2 video they look black instead of stainless, but either color is helpful. I am just meh about the counters and beds. I would have loved new single beds, but maybe next time.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.