October Update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: October Update

Post by mockingbird288z »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 02:02 So I presume tomorrow is when the update will come?
It could be or maybe next week. They started teasing the new update like they normally do, on schedule for the update to happen 6 weeks after the previous one, so I'm suspecting that the update got caught up in the approval state with the app providers. Maybe apple's testing (cause google doesn't really test all that hard) found something unstable. If that's the case it would go back to FireMonkeys to fix before going back to the app providers again. Once an update is given to the app providers it's no longer in FM's control of when it's actually released to everyone.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

parakiss wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 06:28 I saw Homestead event is coming back.
Yeah I just got this as well...I've already started it... Just when I wanted to save and earn more Simoleons to rebuild the DIY Homes Template (accidentally build the first free one on a Standard Lot instead of a Premium ooopppps :lol: ).
Last edited by 3luv4eva3 on 09 Oct 2018, 07:16, edited 2 times in total.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 07:08
3luv4eva3 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 02:02 So I presume tomorrow is when the update will come?
It could be or maybe next week. They started teasing the new update like they normally do, on schedule for the update to happen 6 weeks after the previous one, so I'm suspecting that the update got caught up in the approval state with the app providers. Maybe apple's testing (cause google doesn't really test all that hard) found something unstable. If that's the case it would go back to FireMonkeys to fix before going back to the app providers again. Once an update is given to the app providers it's no longer in FM's control of when it's actually released to everyone.
Thanks for telling me all that. I've kinda picked up on how the cycle works based on how each event/quest is timed now that I play this game more frequently then I used to.

3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Also noticed that when I opened the game about two, three hours ago, I got the small update pop-up like it was processing an update before I got sent through to the game. I suppose that's why we've got the Country Homestead part of the update (I presume that cause we've got this event back, the update'll have something to do with home decos).

6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

I think it’s going to be announced and released tomorrow or october 10th. Plus, if it’s really an home deco themed update, love is blinds event has to come back. It never came back since it was released.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Oooh! Hope you're right about love is blinds. Missed it first time around and wondered if it would ever come back.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

home decor sounds nice! hopefully items that can be purcheased with simoleans, not the super-expensive LP and SP stuff :P
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

So I presume that with the Country Homestead event now happening without a proper update, this might be so the creators for Sims: Freeplay are either still working on the update or having issues, thus giving us the stand-alone event as a tie over until whenever the actual update comes out.

mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 04:57 So I presume that with the Country Homestead event now happening without a proper update, this might be so the creators for Sims: Freeplay are either still working on the update or having issues, thus giving us the stand-alone event as a tie over until whenever the actual update comes out.
Yes, it's like a filler for the time. Probably they were going to re-run it at some point in the new update and had just decided to run it now instead of leave some dead time. That way they can continue their schedule with the new update without it running over into the following update.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

Im starting to think it’s coming friday or saturday :/