All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by randy_thrandy »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 18:26
randy_thrandy wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 11:13 hi, sorry if this is a redundant question but i don't get the stockings thing. is that something that would become avaliable in the mall stores/??? immediatelly or do we first have to do the stockings quest/event to unlock the whole stockings concept? thanks!!
For right now I don't think they will be adding any to the mall stores. We have to do the hobby event to unlock the stockings and the stockings tab in the wardrobe.
thank you, Leah!
i'm looking forward to stockings but would be even happier if they added some (plain) test ones ''for free'' already. :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

As I feared, the update occurred while I was on vacation with very limited Wi-Fi. Can't complain though as it was a nice vacation. So I have been catching up with posts on my favorite forum this evening and reading about the new update. Now I am going to open the game for the first time and find out just how far behind I am.😊

I probably will be too far behind on the live event, but I am looking forward to the spa event in November.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

telemwill wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 00:23 As I feared, the update occurred while I was on vacation with very limited Wi-Fi. Can't complain though as it was a nice vacation. So I have been catching up with posts on my favorite forum this evening and reading about the new update. Now I am going to open the game for the first time and find out just how far behind I am.😊

I probably will be too far behind on the live event, but I am looking forward to the spa event in November.

Ruth
Welcome back! Seems like most of us think the backyards weren't all that brilliant but we're all getting really excited about the stockings :lol:
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Simbellini wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 15:26
telemwill wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 00:23 As I feared, the update occurred while I was on vacation with very limited Wi-Fi. Can't complain though as it was a nice vacation. So I have been catching up with posts on my favorite forum this evening and reading about the new update. Now I am going to open the game for the first time and find out just how far behind I am.😊

Ruth
Welcome back! Seems like most of us think the backyards weren't all that brilliant but we're all getting really excited about the stockings :lol:
Thank you. I am also unimpressed with the backyard items as they seem too much like what we have had in the past. I am more interested in the stockings too. I don't know if I will like them or not, but it is different.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Kimtoosh
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Kimtoosh »

Does anyone know what the day spa live event is? Is it the same as the community event in the past?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I posted this for the last update:

Sims with the baby bonus now also get reduced task times for cooking, planting and baking. And the reduced time seems to get applied differently. If a task takes a regular sim 2 hours or more you save at least an hour. They don't seem to want to use hours and minutes for those tasks. So planting potatoes or baking chocolate pudding only takes half the time (1 hour). Zucchini takes 3 hours.
It has changed with this update. When you use a baby bonus sim for cooking, planting and baking now, it will show the full time on the icon (2 hours for potatoes for example). But when you click on the sim, the time is reduced by the same amount as other tasks, approximately 5%. So they don't round it up to an hour anymore.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Small billboard out in the river in front of 'Promotions R US' now gives out Simoleons and XP every four hours.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 02:10 Small billboard out in the river in front of 'Promotions R US' now gives out Simoleons and XP every four hours.
Or was??? Seems it has disappeared... Surely I wasn't the only one who noticed it...?
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 08:18
3luv4eva3 wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 02:10 Small billboard out in the river in front of 'Promotions R US' now gives out Simoleons and XP every four hours.
Or was??? Seems it has disappeared... Surely I wasn't the only one who noticed it...?
no, I've seen it twice now... it's not just you ;)
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?