Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 03:39 Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
I fully expect it to be a rerun. It's a little curious they are calling it a live event, though. I'm not sure if the people who put the list together know that it was originally a community event or if the devs have "repackaged" the prizes to turn it into a live event. Once we know for sure I'll either sticky the original topic or create a new one.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 04:09
SKatF wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 03:39 Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
I fully expect it to be a rerun. It's a little curious they are calling it a live event, though. I'm not sure if the people who put the list together know that it was originally a community event or if the devs have "repackaged" the prizes to turn it into a live event. Once we know for sure I'll either sticky the original topic or create a new one.
The prizes in this new live event are the ones originally offered as personal prizes only, the original community prizes are not a part of it. So we don't get the rectangular bathroom mats or the wearable towels. I was looking forward to finally completing my spa collection, and I am seriously disappointed.

In my game all prizes were unlocked and all working stations already useable. I won the spa with a mystery box previously so that could be the reason my progressbar is already filled to the end. This means in my case there are no constructor coins to be won by progressing. At least the daily goals do not require to buy or unlock prizes.
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CatharinaSophia »

It appears in the Sauna Pack we got two new floors, one mossy one with square tiles and a long dark grey tile.
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
@Catharina_Sims

Need to rant?
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Thuraya wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 11:34
The prizes in this new live event are the ones originally offered as personal prizes only, the original community prizes are not a part of it. So we don't get the rectangular bathroom mats or the wearable towels. I was looking forward to finally completing my spa collection, and I am seriously disappointed.

In my game all prizes were unlocked and all working stations already useable. I won the spa with a mystery box previously so that could be the reason my progressbar is already filled to the end. This means in my case there are no constructor coins to be won by progressing. At least the daily goals do not require to buy or unlock prizes.
Mine also had all the prizes unlocked except the last three which are two sets of constructo coins and the sp prize. I haven't unlocked the spa house yet.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

CatharinaSophia wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 13:21 It appears in the Sauna Pack we got two new floors, one mossy one with square tiles and a long dark grey tile.
Those aren't new. They've always been a part of the Sauna Pack.
mockingbird288z

Thuraya wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 11:34

It's extremely frustrating that they left out a whole set of prizes. The requirements for all the prizes if you don't have anything to begin with are some of the highest for any live event. They could have bundled the prizes without increasing the requirements and it would have felt more balanced.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

yep
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kristenv1980 »

Has anyone gotten the Teen Life Event in their game? Per the EA website it was suppose to start yesterday.
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home
mockingbird288z

Kristenv1980 wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 06:31 Has anyone gotten the Teen Life Event in their game? Per the EA website it was suppose to start yesterday.
Check your task manager. It should be showing there. You have to tap on it to get the option to play the event.
Task manager
Task manager
opt in
opt in
Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kristenv1980 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 07:55
Kristenv1980 wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 06:31 Has anyone gotten the Teen Life Event in their game? Per the EA website it was suppose to start yesterday.
Check your task manager. It should be showing there. You have to tap on it to get the option to play the event.

45501805_317426545744824_1444877958161367040_n (1).jpg

45593336_327615781359629_5334264414293983232_n.jpg
Thanks! I don’t know why I didn’t get a pop-up to notify me. :D

My teens are busy grinding away.
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home