2018 Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: 2018 Holiday Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

The extra sims being tied to VIP status is really disappointing. They finally did something people have been asking for for a long time but had it tied into spending real money. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

telemwill wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 15:08 Thank you for looking that up! I was wondering if that might be it, but hadn't had a chance to check it. I am VIP 8 and have 36 Sims as a limit now.

I don't have the deals tab, but I expect that may vary from device to device or even game to game. We don't all have the same offers at the same time. I expect the deals tab may appear and disappear as needed. Or it could be like the architect tab which tends to disappear for a time after updating.

Ruth
Yeah, I got the deals tab on my iPad but when I updated my iphone it didn't have the deals tab. Once I downloaded the data from my iPad to my phone my phone got the deal tab.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

For the farmhouse furniture bundles, anyone know if purchasing actually unlocks the items, or just gives you 1 of each with no option to use more than that yet? Thanks!
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

Also, I don’t have the “Deals” section in mine either :( i’m VIP lvl 14, could that be something tied to VIP level 15 as well?
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Jemappellelaura wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 23:31 For the farmhouse furniture bundles, anyone know if purchasing actually unlocks the items, or just gives you 1 of each with no option to use more than that yet? Thanks!
I just tried it and the items are really unlocked. The single rustic bed costs 37,500 simoleons after the free one. Didn't notice any other prices.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Also, I don't think the deals tab is linked to VIP level 15. I'm level 15 and I don't have it either.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

My, drooling over that rustic furniture. Shame I'm broke, lol
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

I wonder if things are okay at the teams that run Sims Freeplay and Mobile. As we've seen recently, they've really made in-game items a bit too expensive recently...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 21:54 The extra sims being tied to VIP status is really disappointing. They finally did something people have been asking for for a long time but had it tied into spending real money. :(
Agreed that it's a shame they still won't unlock any more for us for free... I've said ever since they added extra lots with the downtown update that I feel we should be able to move in at least as many sims as house lots. But an additional sim was available by VIP already, just at an absurdly high and expensive level. So they've actually just added a couple extra and lowered the requirement.
simmare wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 19:46 I wonder, though, if the rustic furniture from the Missing Claus quest (upcoming) might not have been a premature offer.
The furniture packs that have been added to the online store are items that come in the new house, but aren't actually unlocked during the quest.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

I have the deals tab and I’m only on vip level 2.
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.