2018 Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: 2018 Holiday Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW »

Our sims got new animations when watching tv. E.g. laugh, taking a hand to the mouth, nap away.
If they sit sideways they now look into the correct direction.
Watching tv
Watching tv
A member of the German forum posted about an unknown action at the Modern Grey L Shape Lounge. I think it's an online store only item, but sometimes available at architect homes. Both of us don't know if this action has been there all the time. Maybe someone else did use this object more often and knows?
Attachments
Relax on chaise
Relax on chaise
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Loving the deals tab, the few days I have had it, got an good looking outfit I think looks Gothic (I love all forms of the goth look cause I do). Some furniture that I did not think I could yet ect....

Though it means my sims are grinding more then they likely should be, hard to earn the cash when they are always grinding for LP lol.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Dishwashers placed from the inventory
- can be moved right after placing
- can be put back into inventory right away.
- are ready for use without need to recharge.
Placed from inventory
Placed from inventory
Then moved to a better place
Then moved to a better place

They can also be moved to another place in the house while they are washing the dishes. It's not possible to take them into inventory while they are busy.
Attachments
Busy dishwasher
Busy dishwasher
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Did anyone else get this pop up?
Attachments
IMG_1547.PNG
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

Yep I did, went and got 10 woodworking benches for when it starts. Guessing its gonna happen after the pug event or a few days after.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

RubyRed wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 07:09 Yep I did, went and got 10 woodworking benches for when it starts. Guessing its gonna happen after the pug event or a few days after.
I find it extremely odd as it wasn't advertised as being in the schedule for this update.... What about the Aerobics hobby that was supposed to start around the 15th/16th? One must presume that it has been replaced UNLESS we get both at the same time... and for players like me who hasn't got everything this game has offered us yet, that's gonna be a difficult task. Surely FM wouldn't be that brutal considering this update's been torrid enough...

(I mean, I'm not arguing as I realllllly needed this hobby event to come back anyway, but still find it weird...)

RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

ya I got ready for the other hobby event as well, but this should end if it starts this time tonight with barely any overlap. But knowing them they went lest add this they might like it and adjusted the dates and did not tell anyone. The schedule is open to change. Glad I maxed out my woodwwrking hobby when I started looking things up, that took for ever... now the grid is ready to go.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

One time in the past, the pop up was for the wrong event due to an error by the Fire Monkeys. We'll just have to wait and see.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

RubyRed wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 07:22 but this should end if it starts this time tonight with barely any overlap.
It only states that it is coming soon. If we are getting this event, it shouldn't start until maybe this weekend.

telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I would prefer this event to the aerobics one as I don't have the urban furniture. It has been a long time since it was repeated too. I think I have the aerobics stuff, but there is so much of it, it is hard to be sure.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.