(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Missing Claus

Post by garishplum »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 06:16
garishplum wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 03:33
randy_thrandy wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 13:15 thank you!
does the bolded 'buy' mean we actually have to purchase things, meaning we have to, in the instance of having lots of chrismas decorations in storage, go through a painstaking process of putting every single bit of a certain type of item out of the inventory until we can finally purchase some? :SSSS
This took me forever... I couldn't remember which ones were for simoleans or LP so all my Christmas stuff is all over a small lot. :lol: Literally.
I used this pic from the Architect Homes Rare Item Guide topic to figure out which items cost LP vs. simoleons. The prices tend to change every year but not whether the item was LPs or simoleons.
Oh my! I didn't realize how much the prices have increased. :shock:

I think I thought the snow globe was LP at one point in time simply because it was one of the items I didn't have a lot of. I guess I just didn't purchase as many.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Can Seniors complete all of the mulit Sim parts of the quest? Trying to decide if I should send everyone off to work or not.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

does the bolded 'buy' mean we actually have to purchase things, meaning we have to, in the instance of having lots of chrismas decorations in storage, go through a painstaking process of putting every single bit of a certain type of item out of the inventory until we can finally purchase some? :SSSS
This took me forever... I couldn't remember which ones were for simoleans or LP so all my Christmas stuff is all over a small lot. :lol: Literally.
I used this pic from the Architect Homes Rare Item Guide topic to figure out which items cost LP vs. simoleons. The prices tend to change every year but not whether the item was LPs or simoleons.
OMG Leah, you are so organized! I just randomly picked somethings I didn't have TOO many of. Oh, the luxury of being a long time player.

I remember the days when my sims were so broke that every LP or simolean purchase was carefully thought out. For new players... it eventually does get easier. If not easier to earn, then because you've already bought most of what you want (or the game requires you to buy) and are able to start saving up. 🙂
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 17:54
OMG Leah, you are so organized! I just randomly picked somethings I didn't have TOO many of. Oh, the luxury of being a long time player.

I remember the days when my sims were so broke that every LP or simolean purchase was carefully thought out. For new players... it eventually does get easier. If not easier to earn, then because you've already bought most of what you want (or the game requires you to buy) and are able to start saving up. 🙂
I saw that the candy canes cost §2000 so I thought, yeah those will work. Only to go to my game and see that I had a lot of them. A lot, a lot. I think they were free one year. :lol: I only had about 100 of one of the reindeers, probably because they're the newest items, so I placed all of those and then only put back about 40 of the reindeer.

Requiring us to buy the items really made that task unnecessarily difficult.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yes, the items were free or really inexpensive one year. That year, I made a maze at a wizard house with candy canes, and fences at other houses when we didn't have many fences in the game yet. So I have many, many of them in storage. But I still like all the items.

I noticed they don't have the milk and cookies plate for sale this year (again) but I still have mine in inventory. What I really lust for is the old Christmas tree so my sims don't all have the same one. Except my artist sim, who lives in a small house so she has the pinecone tree outside
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Search for weather expert almanac: I can’t get my sims to access a bookshelf. I place it where it is open on all sides and I get footprints! Help!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Lishws720 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 02:26 Search for weather expert almanac: I can’t get my sims to access a bookshelf. I place it where it is open on all sides and I get footprints! Help!
I had that happen too. I think each Sim needs to use a different bookcase. That worked for me.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

telemwill wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 02:32
Lishws720 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 02:26 Search for weather expert almanac: I can’t get my sims to access a bookshelf. I place it where it is open on all sides and I get footprints! Help!
I had that happen too. I think each Sim needs to use a different bookcase. That worked for me.

Ruth
Thank you! I think it makes a difference if it’s a house with an owner. I sent some sims home from my cooking house, and they went right to the bookshelves!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

For the almanac task I found that you'll need one bookcase for two sims. If you've got enough bookcases in one house, five sims can read at the same time. There is a bubble with an exclamation mark above every accessable bookcase.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

When I put my Xmas inventory items down on an large lot I found out as I finished, the game added extra items which then I also placed down. This completed the “buy” request for the task. Therefore I didn’t spend any LPs or simoleums after all! Except by accident once because I was watching the counter which indicates 1 more item than you actually have in inventory. It was definitely a pain in the neck to have unload everything and then pick them up again.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland