All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [QUEST] Missing Claus

Post by Thuraya »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 11:23
randy_thrandy wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 13:15 thank you!
does the bolded 'buy' mean we actually have to purchase things, meaning we have to, in the instance of having lots of chrismas decorations in storage, go through a painstaking process of putting every single bit of a certain type of item out of the inventory until we can finally purchase some? :SSSS
When I put my Xmas inventory items down on an large lot I found out as I finished, the game added extra items which then I also placed down. This completed the “buy” request for the task. Therefore I didn’t spend any LPs or simoleums after all! Except by accident once because I was watching the counter which indicates 1 more item than you actually have in inventory. It was definitely a pain in the neck to have unload everything and then pick them up again.
Those extra items were the "Daily Holiday Gifts - available to collect from December 6 -11" that we got when opening the game each day. They were in your Home Store, ready to be purchased for free, not in your inventory. While your inventory was full, you could not see or collect them. Emptying your inventory made them appear to you. People who collected their gifts earlier had to spend in-game currencies for this task.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

hey y'all i don't mean to rain on this fine christmas parade we have going on (tbh i do looooveeee the look of the santa rustic house thingy) but ... did you see the pricing on the new unlocked items form the quest??? the hydrangeas cost 100.000 in my game, am i going blind or something or is that like ... a thing ??? my sims might need to rob a bank of five if they plan on growing one of those bushes in their backyard!! D:
i mean the succulents planters were holllllllyymoly-shly expensive but this is just plain crazy. 100.000 simoleons for HALF a BUSH!?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Note: When you look for truffles make sure you have 4 sims looking even though you may only get 3 exclamation bubbles. I only got 3, so I had to hunt the grounds for the 4th spot. The spots look like branches on the ground. The one that had no bubble on my game was next to the shed with the hay bales.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

randy_thrandy wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 15:20 hey y'all i don't mean to rain on this fine christmas parade we have going on (tbh i do looooveeee the look of the santa rustic house thingy) but ... did you see the pricing on the new unlocked items form the quest??? the hydrangeas cost 100.000 in my game, am i going blind or something or is that like ... a thing ??? my sims might need to rob a bank of five if they plan on growing one of those bushes in their backyard!! D:
i mean the succulents planters were holllllllyymoly-shly expensive but this is just plain crazy. 100.000 simoleons for HALF a BUSH!?
And based on the Girl Who Games blog post for this quest, it doesn't look like the prices are gonna get any cheaper....
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 21:29
randy_thrandy wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 15:20 hey y'all i don't mean to rain on this fine christmas parade we have going on (tbh i do looooveeee the look of the santa rustic house thingy) but ... did you see the pricing on the new unlocked items form the quest??? the hydrangeas cost 100.000 in my game, am i going blind or something or is that like ... a thing ??? my sims might need to rob a bank or five if they plan on growing one of those bushes in their backyard!! D:
And based on the Girl Who Games blog post for this quest, it doesn't look like the prices are gonna get any cheaper....
guess i'll have my town declare bancrupcy then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we're gonna be getting those huge poofy colourful rose bushes and forcibly become homeless i guess. :roll:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

randy_thrandy wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 15:20 hey y'all i don't mean to rain on this fine christmas parade we have going on (tbh i do looooveeee the look of the santa rustic house thingy) but ... did you see the pricing on the new unlocked items form the quest??? the hydrangeas cost 100.000 in my game, am i going blind or something or is that like ... a thing ??? my sims might need to rob a bank of five if they plan on growing one of those bushes in their backyard!! D:
This is why I admire new players who stick with this game. It must seem discouraging to be faced with tempting items you can't afford to use. While this has always been true to a certain extent (I remember grinding to get the globe when I first started playing), it has gotten so much worse. It does get better over time.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

I am grinding away, slowly building up my town, a lot of my sims do not live normal lives right now. Yes they have moments, but they normally are being swept into events right now lol. But the cost of the hedges does not bother me, I have a lot I can do and work for right now. I figure about the time I will fully want to use the items ill be able to afford them much easier anyway.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Will I miss anything if I start the quest later?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

There are only 7 days left to complete all the tasks. The longer you wait, the less time you have. Even if you started now, you would probably need some LP's to finish on time.

You would miss out on the house template and the prize packages for the days you weren't able to complete.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Anyone else finding it impossible to complete today’s first task? Give magical food? All of my sims complain they can’t find a path to the bed even when standing right next to it, haven’t been able to complete any tasks all day.