[QUEST] Missing Claus

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Missing Claus

Post by bluebeariscool »

PyroSpazz wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 05:06 Anyone else finding it impossible to complete today’s first task? Give magical food? All of my sims complain they can’t find a path to the bed even when standing right next to it, haven’t been able to complete any tasks all day.
Yes! I was having this exact problem too. It was very frustrating. The way around it is to call another sim to the lot to interact with Santa (I did be nice) as it seems it’s him that’s in the way of allowing the sim to get to Mrs Claus. Once Santa is busy you can get the task done.

I lost lots of time until I finally worked this out!
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

bluebeariscool wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 05:59
PyroSpazz wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 05:06 Anyone else finding it impossible to complete today’s first task? Give magical food? All of my sims complain they can’t find a path to the bed even when standing right next to it, haven’t been able to complete any tasks all day.
Yes! I was having this exact problem too. It was very frustrating. The way around it is to call another sim to the lot to interact with Santa (I did be nice) as it seems it’s him that’s in the way of allowing the sim to get to Mrs Claus. Once Santa is busy you can get the task done.

I lost lots of time until I finally worked this out!
Huh. Isn’t working for me. :(
Janebear
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Janebear »

I had this problem. Mrs Claus needs access to the table and chairs on the veranda. Make sure no other Sims are sitting there. I also made sure I used the Sim that had made the soup - not sure if that was necessary but I was getting desperate!
Janebear
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Janebear »

Janebear wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 07:54 I had this problem. Mrs Claus needs access to the table and chairs on the veranda. Make sure no other Sims are sitting there. I also made sure I used the Sim that had made the soup - not sure if that was necessary but I was getting desperate!
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

In the first post there are only 4 actions listed for looking for evidences in the park (6:15 h each). Actually there are five. Two with the soap boxes, two with the barbeques and one with the statue that I almost missed. Not all of the actions were marked with an exclamation mark.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

I was able to finally get it working by sending home all but one of my sims. Had eight of them there before thanks to previous tasks. I’m behind, but not irretrievably so.

Thanks everyone for the advice. :)
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Thuraya wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 08:06 In the first post there are only 4 actions listed for looking for evidences in the park (6:15 h each). Actually there are five. Two with the soap boxes, two with the barbeques and one with the statue that I almost missed. Not all of the actions were marked with an exclamation mark.
Well am I glad I saw this! I thought only four were needed. I had a fifth sim there but no exclamation mark showed and it very helpfully doesn't show how many are needed to be found i.e. 5 of 5 etc. Very sneaky when it would cost us so many hours.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Simbellini wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 08:45
Thuraya wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 08:06 In the first post there are only 4 actions listed for looking for evidences in the park (6:15 h each). Actually there are five. Two with the soap boxes, two with the barbeques and one with the statue that I almost missed. Not all of the actions were marked with an exclamation mark.
Well am I glad I saw this! I thought only four were needed. I had a fifth sim there but no exclamation mark showed and it very helpfully doesn't show how many are needed to be found i.e. 5 of 5 etc. Very sneaky when it would cost us so many hours.
You won't need to start actions that were not marked. So one soap box and one barbeque would be sufficient though the others offer actions as well. And I missed the park toilet. The list should be correct because it was successfully sped through. Sorry for causing confusion.
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Thuraya wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 08:54
You won't need to start actions that were not marked. So one soap box and one barbeque would be sufficient though the others offer actions as well. And I missed the park toilet. The list should be correct because it was successfully sped through. Sorry for causing confusion.
Yes I just went back to the park and I had one on the toilet (that sounds wrong!) So yes I don't know how many more there would be and I am a bit confused - which is my usual state the week before Christmas anyway!
SimmerDown
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimmerDown »

Simbellini wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 09:37
Thuraya wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 08:54
Yes I just went back to the park and I had one on the toilet (that sounds wrong!) So yes I don't know how many more there would be and I am a bit confused - which is my usual state the week before Christmas anyway!
The thinking man statue, toilet, bbq, and soapbox are the four "!" - it can sometimes be hard to find...I think because they are on opposite sides of the park?