All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Sophisticated Socialite

Post by parakiss »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 08:51
parakiss wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 07:43 I won't bother setting alarms for every 2.5 hours and disturbing my sleep for this events. The prices are way too much
I'll do the 2.5 hours option during the day (sometimes I'll stretch it to 4.5 hours in order to time it right to do the 8.5 hours during the night) but I could never disrupt my sleep every 2.5 hours for live events. It's amazing what lengths people would go to in order to win every prize.

Not only are the prices too steep, but the requirements are also a little higher than normal for me. Hence why I'm only going for a select number of prizes this time.
Oh yes people like me so willing to do that if I really wanted the final prize esp if its free house template (free town value boost). I'd rather set alarm than paying hundreds of SPs but again, it depends on how much I want those prizes :lol:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

Amathyse wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:49
mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 23:14
3luv4eva3 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 20:40 I'm finding that the Pottery, Jewelry, etc, required for everything seems to be up more than normal or is that just me?
They are all definitely higher than they have been lately. More like what the requirements were when these types of events were new. I was very surprised by the requirements. Especially the glassware. That's a lot of glassware to collect from the last station we unlock.
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track these events and make sure I can collect enough resources. My current numbers show that there isn't enough time to collect the glass wear (I use (2.5 * 5) + (8.5) as it give me a little leeway). Taking my numbers and crunching them a bit (allowing for stocking but not for bonuses) you need 7 days at 2.5 hrs, 8.4 days at 4.5, 9.4 at 6.5, and 11 at 8.5. So I'm thinking that if you haven't unlocked the glass wear station at 8 days left, you can't do it unless you set your alarm. :o :x Between this and the noisy popup ads - it might be time to take a break and go explore I Love Nicki dressup queen. it sounds like fun. Has anyone played it? :twisted:
Oh my, guess its true when people said the requirements are higher than usual for this event (I skipped the pug event so I haven't noticed before).
On side note, I haven't played Love Nicki but I do play Covet Fashion (another dress up game with real-life brands). Lots of Covet Fashion players are playing Love Nicki too but somehow it's not available in my country :roll:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

parakiss wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 07:16
They are all definitely higher than they have been lately. More like what the requirements were when these types of events were new. I was very surprised by the requirements. Especially the glassware. That's a lot of glassware to collect from the last station we unlock.
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track these events and make sure I can collect enough resources. My current numbers show that there isn't enough time to collect the glass wear (I use (2.5 * 5) + (8.5) as it give me a little leeway). Taking my numbers and crunching them a bit (allowing for stocking but not for bonuses) you need 7 days at 2.5 hrs, 8.4 days at 4.5, 9.4 at 6.5, and 11 at 8.5. So I'm thinking that if you haven't unlocked the glass wear station at 8 days left, you can't do it unless you set your alarm. :o :x
Oh my, guess its true when people said the requirements are higher than usual for this event (I skipped the pug event so I haven't noticed before).
I definitely found the Celebrity Pug event had lesser Pottery, Jewelry etc requirements. I finished that with about two days to spare. This one will be close if I decide that I have (or will have) enough requirements to get everything.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 20:40 I'm finding that the Pottery, Jewelry, etc, required for everything seems to be up more than normal or is that just me?
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track these events and make sure I can collect enough resources. My current numbers show that there isn't enough time to collect the glass wear (I use (2.5 * 5) + (8.5) as it give me a little leeway). Taking my numbers and crunching them a bit (allowing for stocking but not for bonuses) you need 7 days at 2.5 hrs, 8.4 days at 4.5, 9.4 at 6.5, and 11 at 8.5. So I'm thinking that if you haven't unlocked the glass wear station at 8 days left, you can't do it unless you set your alarm. :o :x
How did you set out your spreadsheet? Would love to make something similiar, but I don't exactly know how I would set it out. If you don't mind sharing your secrets of course lol.

3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Some days when I'm doing the daily goals for this live event, the 'Unlock or Buy a Prize' goal doesn't count when I unlock a prize (no buying until I get to the end of the progress bar). Even when I unlock two prizes, it still won't count.

Not bothered about it of course, but would be interesting if it is worth sending in a ticket if more people have noticed a similar thing.

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 00:58 Some days when I'm doing the daily goals for this live event, the 'Unlock or Buy a Prize' goal doesn't count when I unlock a prize (no buying until I get to the end of the progress bar). Even when I unlock two prizes, it still won't count.

Not bothered about it of course, but would be interesting if it is worth sending in a ticket if more people have noticed a similar thing.
Yesterday was the first time this happened to me. Unlocking the seating pack didn't count for the goal, but buying one set did. Weird.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

simmare wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 01:28
3luv4eva3 wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 00:58 Some days when I'm doing the daily goals for this live event, the 'Unlock or Buy a Prize' goal doesn't count when I unlock a prize (no buying until I get to the end of the progress bar). Even when I unlock two prizes, it still won't count.

Yesterday was the first time this happened to me. Unlocking the seating pack didn't count for the goal, but buying one set did. Weird.
Interesting.

I've had it happen twice. Yesterday and about two days before that.

copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Unlocking a prize package has never counted towards the daily goals for me. Only purchasing them or unlocking sp and constructor coins counted.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

copperwood wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 05:04 Unlocking a prize package has never counted towards the daily goals for me. Only purchasing them or unlocking sp and constructor coins counted.
Same here. Unlocking the different prize thingies like "Fabulous Foyers" and "Fancy Fittings" never counted as unlocking a prize for me. Or at least, not since the first iteration of the Tropical Romance Island Community Event. I remember it not counting for the next community event and being annoyed. My guess was that the stingy FMs were thinking we're not actually unlocking a prize when we unlock those things. But unlocking the ability to unlock the prize. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Unlocking a prize has always counted for me, and I always thought it was the same for everyone else...