Adverts during gameplay

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Adverts during gameplay

Post by JaneRoettinger »

Amathyse wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:01 I understand the need for ads - developing game content costs money - and will even watch the paperboy occasionally voluntarily (I do wish they'd change the rewards). But, twice now, even tho I have all sounds muted, they came on at full volume. I play at work. it's not really much of a problem so long as I don't make it obvious. Loud ads make it blaringly obvious I'm playing on my phone and it disturbs my co-workers. I couldn't find anything that gives freeplay permission to change my volume. Does anyone know a way to cut the sound permanently? Otherwise I'm not going to be able to play at work and that means no live events and no timed quests. Plus, they only seem to come on for stupid little stuff I'm doing just to give my sims an action and they don't gain me much. They seem rather pointless from a game play point of view.
I turned off volume for all apps in my Android settings and so far it works. No disturbing sounds from SFP and their stupid ads.
Kassandra wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 18:53 Part of me wants to turn VIP 3 as soon as possible to get rid of those horrible sudden pop in videos. Part of me is very angry, promising myself that I don't like the taste of harassment and I don't want to support such marketing strategies. Bad behaviour shouldn't be rewarded.
Same thoughts here.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I just find it rude to force those adds on us. Thanks God I have vip level 3, so I could turn it off. I totally understand how annyoing they are for those who can't. If they at least would give out something valubale. I had them twice popping up as I moved from one of my houses occupied with the current live event to the other. I didn't see anthing speeding up in action. They third time it was a ten minute task at the beach which sped up. I understand that they need to make money from advertisements I wouldn't mind if it comes up when I does start or close the game, so that one would be prepared. Or if they give as the option to watch it when we need a task speeding up.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
CavyBella
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by CavyBella »

Okay. I am not getting ads after actions. I just get them after. 30 seconds of playing, randomly. It has happened 4 times now in a space of a couple of minutes.
Time to stop playing? :o :x
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

The ads also show up randomly in my game. The only thing that’s been finished early was a frisbee match which was stupid since that was for the boy and his dog to have fun and didn’t need hurrying fersure. I tried to get it to finish a danish to save Dan from having to cook all night but nope. Dan's still cooking. At least there’s a skip ad feature. Nudniks.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

Lenny wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 14:52 I had them twice popping up as I moved from one of my houses occupied with the current live event to the other. I didn't see anthing speeding up in action
In my game I have ads popping up almost every time when I'm visiting my haunted house. I don't see anything speeding up too. Maybe it's some kind of bug.

In other cases I see some pattern in ads behavior, they do not show up randomly. Speeding up usually occurs when I do actions that last one hour or less. Grinch takes price of items that cost $1000 or less. Maybe avoiding such actions is a way to get rid of video ads but I'm not sure about this yet.
UnderCover Sim
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by UnderCover Sim »

I haven't been playing for a while (didn't miss much in family furnishings IMO) and now bombarded with adverts, crashes my game when I try to skip and doesn't complete anything when I do watch :0( . So grateful I read your posts level 3 + can opt out in settings. Have done so now, thanks again 😊