Grand Garages Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Grand Garages Update - Changes

Post by glenkatko »

I think this is new? Sims can't walk through the rustic white arbor like the ones on the farmhouse lot, I thought they used to be able to? Anyway, the good news is, that they are not blocked because of this, as they can now walk through the white picket fence corner! :lol:
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

OK, don't know if this is new or if I'm the only one not aware that you can pick up and move the table outside of the grid on the farmhouse lot! Nothing else in that area is movable, so you probably don't want to mess up the area if you're got sims living on the lot, but if you're just stripping it for parts like I am, yay!

Something weird that I noticed on the new garage lot is even though the dining chairs have the same name as the ones from the chalet, they cannot be duplicated like the others, and they disappeared when I tried to put them in my inventory, unless they went somewhere other than dining chairs. I haven't located them anyway.
Lilith
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lilith »

glenkatko wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 09:10 OK, don't know if this is new or if I'm the only one not aware that you can pick up and move the table outside of the grid on the farmhouse lot! Nothing else in that area is movable, so you probably don't want to mess up the area if you're got sims living on the lot, but if you're just stripping it for parts like I am, yay!

Something weird that I noticed on the new garage lot is even though the dining chairs have the same name as the ones from the chalet, they cannot be duplicated like the others, and they disappeared when I tried to put them in my inventory, unless they went somewhere other than dining chairs. I haven't located them anyway.
You can also move the doors of the fences (there’re two, I think) that surrounding the grid but of course you can’t put them back.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

glenkatko wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 09:10 Something weird that I noticed on the new garage lot is even though the dining chairs have the same name as the ones from the chalet, they cannot be duplicated like the others, and they disappeared when I tried to put them in my inventory, unless they went somewhere other than dining chairs. I haven't located them anyway.
I think some of the items from garage lot are buggy. For example, the name of one of the vases in my game is ***FIX ME*** lol
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

I don't know if this is a change but when you have a teen “learn to drive”, they do not have to be accompanied by adult sim now.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

JaneRoettinger wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 17:54
glenkatko wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 09:10 Something weird that I noticed on the new garage lot is even though the dining chairs have the same name as the ones from the chalet, they cannot be duplicated like the others, and they disappeared when I tried to put them in my inventory, unless they went somewhere other than dining chairs. I haven't located them anyway.
I think some of the items from garage lot are buggy. For example, the name of one of the vases in my game is ***FIX ME*** lol
Wow! That's funny! :lol:
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

JaneRoettinger wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 18:10 I don't know if this is a change but when you have a teen “learn to drive”, they do not have to be accompanied by adult sim now.
My teens used to require an adult to start, but sometimes left them behind. So I thought when it happened recently when I had it as a weekly task, it was just one of those random glitches. Thanks for the update.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

bluebeariscool wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 22:30 The pregnancy thing is so overrated for me. I have slowly plugged away at getting the furniture packs and I’m most of the way through that. I’m not interested in the clothes so I haven’t bothered with those. I hope the new packs are furniture. I don’t tend to grind with a pregnant sim.....I’m taking the long slow road to getting there in the end.

On a separate note I do find it slightly old Skool that pregnant sims can’t work or do hobbies. How olde worlde is that?? It has to be a man that thought that one out :roll:
jsut thought i ought to tell you your musings on the things pregnant sims can or canny do had me laughing like an idiot. :lol: :roll: god i wish the person who thought it up (the MAN who thhought it up) would get to read it!! :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I noticed that we don't get the super high xp amounts for pregnancy tasks anymore.

I don't really care because I was already at max level before they added pregnancies to the game.
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

The Easter walls and floors are back (as well as the decorations). I'm happy about this as I need to finish my holiday lot and the walls and floors weren't available last year.