Grand Garages Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Grand Garages Update - Changes

Post by Kristenv1980 »

minisaga wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 08:14 Anyone who's close to the end of a pregnancy quest might want to hold off updating until they've finished. I was half way through one and well on track, but after the update the support task meter drained from 50 something % to zero. :( Not only that but the new support task became 'have 18 sims share parenting advice' (never had it be that many before) and this morning when I logged in after having 15 sims share, the necessary number had jumped to 20!
The same thing happened to me, but thankfully I was only 5% of the way through the support tasks.
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home
Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kristenv1980 »

Multiple furniture packs I purchased in the last month in the store are no longer available in game. This started when I updated my game to the version. I’m missing: Happy Accidents, Luxury Furnishings, luxury Bedrooms, and Pampering Pack. Per the Sims Freeplay Facebook page, other people are experiencing the same problem and it includes other packs that I have not personally purchased.

I’ve submitted a request with Firemonkeys. I suggest everyone who has recently purchased an item on the online store check your game and submit a help request ASAP.
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I noticed a tab for fences in outdoor section of home store. Was that there before?

Also my architect tab has changed. It is tiny. But changes to normal when clicked. While on architect tab, the other tab reverts to tiny.

I had issues on my Kindle this morning. All my Sims had stalled in their tasks and had made no progress since I closed the game last night. Fortunately after I closed the game up and reopened it, there was an update available. After running the update, the Sims finished their tasks as normal.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 22:50 Do the creators honestly think we're made out of money or something?! I haven't got that or time to grind to pay for this! :x

(For those who haven't built the Nightclub, it's automatically built for you in this update).
OMG 😲! I feel the same. Thing are so expensive now in the game that it’s not as fun because you can’t purchase the new items without spending all of your real life cash.

However, I am glad that the nightclub is already built for those who don’t have or built. Luckily, that’s 1 less thing I have to worry about.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 22:50 Do the creators honestly think we're made out of money or something?! I haven't got that or time to grind to pay for this! :x

(For those who haven't built the Nightclub, it's automatically built for you in this update).
Yeah, I'm not spending 8 million just to be able to move a car onto a lot. I have the simoleons, but I just refuse to do it. Maybe if I could actually finish the garage event, I might consider it. However we have ten days to earn around a dozen items, so I don't anticipate finishing.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I think their greed has just cured me of my completist tendencies.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

glenkatko wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 09:37 Since the update, I'm having trouble getting my sims to use certain stairs. In 1 house, they can go between 1st and 2nd floors, but not to the 3rd. When I take the upper stairs down to the lower floor they can use it normally, so it's not the specific set of stairs. They could access the 3rd floor when I tried using a fire pole.

In my swimming / event lot, they won't use the stairs to the basement where the pottery tables are located. I was finally able to get them down there 1 at a time using an elevator. I have used these same lots forever with no problems before now. Very frustrating!
Same! I had a spiral staircase that they used all the time and now all of a sudden "something" is blocking it. I had to move it (in front of a doorway, but whatever) to get the sim up from the basement! I think it was a fan house so I'm not super upset about it but I was really worried I was going to have a sim trapped in the basement!
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

I thought maybe it had to do with how much simoleons you had - which still, not spending 8mil of my 32 :shock:
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

glenkatko wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 09:37 Since the update, I'm having trouble getting my sims to use certain stairs. In 1 house, they can go between 1st and 2nd floors, but not to the 3rd. When I take the upper stairs down to the lower floor they can use it normally, so it's not the specific set of stairs. They could access the 3rd floor when I tried using a fire pole.

In my swimming / event lot, they won't use the stairs to the basement where the pottery tables are located. I was finally able to get them down there 1 at a time using an elevator. I have used these same lots forever with no problems before now. Very frustrating!
I had stair problem also in a couple locations. Sometimes, when I tapped "use stairs" for each sim they would use it. I had to wait until each sim was finished before I could send the next one. It's a real pain.
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

telemwill wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 13:57 I noticed a tab for fences in outdoor section of home store. Was that there before?
Nope, that's brand new. I kind of like that though, it keeps them separate from everything else.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher