[Event] Pregnancy Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [Event] Pregnancy Event

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Qpeace wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 17:24 I made the mistake of starting the pregnancy pack and got to day 4. I really don’t want to use all the resources or sims. But I can’t figure out how to cancel it. Do I just have to wait it out?

Cathy
I'm afraid so :/
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Qpeace wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 17:24 I made the mistake of starting the pregnancy pack and got to day 4. I really don’t want to use all the resources or sims. But I can’t figure out how to cancel it. Do I just have to wait it out?

Cathy
I don't think you can cancel the pregnancy, so your pregnant sim won't be able to do much except her pregnancy tasks or gardening.

You can choose not to do the support tasks or just work on them a little if you have an extra sim or two.

You'll still get the baby, and all coins earned, just not a super baby and not the bonus prize they have going now .
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Anyone else have problems with the "walk around the lake task"? The timer keeps resetting after 1 minute.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I am going to skip the next pregnancy event as well. I like to play plan my pregnancies. 😁

I need the current infant to have a chance to grow up and marry before I have another in my town

And not to mention, I'm spending the day tomorrow with my real life daughter and sister-in-law, and don't want to have to restart support tasks all day long.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

telemwill wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:04 I am going to skip the next pregnancy event as well. I like to play plan my pregnancies. 😁

I need the current infant to have a chance to grow up and marry before I have another in my town

And not to mention, I'm spending the day tomorrow with my real life daughter and sister-in-law, and don't want to have to restart support tasks all day long.

Ruth
The second pregnancy event can be started anytime between April 4th and 12th.

Hurry up and marry that baby already lol. , :D You could also do a betrothal ceremony. Isn't that how it was sometimes done in the olden days.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

copperwood wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:59
telemwill wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 20:04 I am going to skip the next pregnancy event as well. I like to play plan my pregnancies. 😁

Ruth
The second pregnancy event can be started anytime between April 4th and 12th.

Hurry up and marry that baby already lol. , :D You could also do a betrothal ceremony. Isn't that how it was sometimes done in the olden days.
Haha, he still has six hours before he can be born, although I will probably use some SPs to skip the last two or three.

Ruth Williams
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

First event was exhausting. The only good thing about it was the fact that you don't have to use maternity tokens to buy your prize and that first items are free. Definitely two pieces of furniture are not worth the efforts.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Ugh, I failed miserably in the pregnancy tasks. I got almost all the pregnant sim’s tasks done minus a couple of hours on the last one, but in the support tasks I only got to about 55 %. I had many tasks requiring 15-19 sims, and had to share parenting advice 15 times which really means 30 sims are needed. I wasted about a hundred LP’s for yoga and doctor’s appointments but didn’t want to spend a lot of SP, I had less than 200 of them to begin with. I also don’t have time to check on the game everytime a task is done. Annoyng though, such a waste of time and game resouces.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

So I did decide to start the second pregnancy event with just two days to spare. I hadn't planned to introduce this Sim via the 9 day event as she is really a temporary addition as Marilyn Munster's birthmother. But it does appear some adjustments have been made to the numbers required. Share parenting advice requires only 10 pairs. Still needs to be halved in my opinion, but it is doable. The computer task required only 10 Sims total.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

telemwill wrote: 10 Apr 2019, 11:47 So I did decide to start the second pregnancy event with just two days to spare. I hadn't planned to introduce this Sim via the 9 day event as she is really a temporary addition as Marilyn Munster's birthmother. But it does appear some adjustments have been made to the numbers required. Share parenting advice requires only 10 pairs. Still needs to be halved in my opinion, but it is doable. The computer task required only 10 Sims total.
Luck, not a change.

My current pregnancy had "share parenting advice" once so far at 4 hour 20 minutes for 20 times. (40 sims!) So basically had to do it in two sets, making task 8 hours 40 minutes to complete.

Have had computer task "like simtrest post" four times, all at 2 hours 40 minutes . Numbers were 20 times, 9 times, 9 times and 18 times.