[Event] Pregnancy Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Event] Pregnancy Event

Post by simmare »

Well, I did get a task requiring almost 40 Sims. Share parenting advice - at least seniors (as givers) and teens (as receivers) can do this one, but I may have to hurry up a few pairs and make them restart to fill the 19 pair requirement. This is getting ridiculous.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I had a thirteen hour task requiring twenty Sims. It is pretty ridiculous.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Grand Garages Update - Changes

Post by Mariel Bravef »

copperwood wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 21:24
simgrrl wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 19:12 My pregnant sim’s doctor’s appointment costs 500 000+ simoleons or 13 LP. I don’t remember the price being that high? Also, when I did a pregnancy task last update, I noticed that the doctor’s appointment duration was shorter than the yoga appointment. I think it was 2+ hours (pls correct me if I remembered it wrong lol) but for this update it’s 4 hr 15 minutes. And yes, the number of sims needed for the supporting tasks are insane. I don’t feel like doing two more pregnancy cycles after just to get baby items that would cost high amounts of LP’s or SP’s.
Yep, my doctor's appointment is over 500,000 too. Used to be 200,000+. And we need a lot more sims to complete support tasks. I'm glad I did a bunch of pregnancy events already. Only need 2 more to have enough bonus sims for all the crafting stations for live events.
Oh yes. I noticed right away that the doctor's appointment prices had skyrocketed and the support tasks now require an obnoxious number of sims. As if pregnancy events weren't already enough of a pain! What else do we expect from FM / EA I suppose...? Seriously though! Has anyone ever calculated the equivalent simoleons to real world currency numbers? I know you can't be exact, but we can estimate. By my very quick estimate, based on how much sims get paid at work, it seems like 500,000 is at least 10,000 dollars for a checkup? Which is insane!
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Grand Garages Update - Changes

Post by copperwood »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 21:02
copperwood wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 21:24
simgrrl wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 19:12 My pregnant sim’s doctor’s appointment costs 500 000+ simoleons or 13 LP. I don’t remember the price being that high? Also, when I did a pregnancy task last update, I noticed that the doctor’s appointment duration was shorter than the yoga appointment. I think it was 2+ hours (pls correct me if I remembered it wrong lol) but for this update it’s 4 hr 15 minutes. And yes, the number of sims needed for the supporting tasks are insane. I don’t feel like doing two more pregnancy cycles after just to get baby items that would cost high amounts of LP’s or SP’s.
Yep, my doctor's appointment is over 500,000 too. Used to be 200,000+. And we need a lot more sims to complete support tasks. I'm glad I did a bunch of pregnancy events already. Only need 2 more to have enough bonus sims for all the crafting stations for live events.
Oh yes. I noticed right away that the doctor's appointment prices had skyrocketed and the support tasks now require an obnoxious number of sims. As if pregnancy events weren't already enough of a pain! What else do we expect from FM / EA I suppose...? Seriously though! Has anyone ever calculated the equivalent simoleons to real world currency numbers? I know you can't be exact, but we can estimate. By my very quick estimate, based on how much sims get paid at work, it seems like 500,000 is at least 10,000 dollars for a checkup? Which is insane!
Sims need universal health care, lol. I don't pay anything for my check ups.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Almost 700,000 for 1 yoga session.
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

copperwood wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 08:05 Almost 700,000 for 1 yoga session.
Me too. Sickening. She better be one d*** good magic yoga teacher.
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

holy crap, you guy reporiting on these 30+ sims tasks has me freaked out!! i only started a pregnancy event today and so far i've have max 20 sims required per task but ... now i'm really scared. there's no way i'll ever get any of those prize packs this way!? i've got 50 LPs and liek 3 SPs left! i'm completely broke :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

No way am I attempting to get these packs. As far as I'm concerned, I never want to do a pregnancy event again if the amount of Sims and prices keeps going up!
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Ugh, yeah. I agree with all of the above complaints. 😆 The pregnancy event is insane. I’m hoping to finish this one but probably won’t start another. Not worth it. Sure, they say it takes a village to raise a child... But 40 sims? (I haven’t encountered that yet but then I’m only on my second support task). And I guess the poor sims have no health insurance either since the check up cost 500,000. Luckily I was able to pay in LP. But I’m only just trying to earn back the 8 million simoleons I lost to the garage thing (and have made probably like 500,000, it takes so long to earn these simoleons), so I’m not looking forward to spending that much, though I have some savings.
Qpeace
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Qpeace »

I made the mistake of starting the pregnancy pack and got to day 4. I really don’t want to use all the resources or sims. But I can’t figure out how to cancel it. Do I just have to wait it out?

Cathy