Pool Paradise Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Pool Paradise Update - Changes

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Here is the text of a ticket I'm considering sending support about this floor and patio problem. Thoughts?

In the most recent update, the appearance of a few floor and patio textures was radically altered. This destroyed the intended appearance of any house that was using them. The worst one is the alteration of the grey slate patio stones. With the flooring that has changed, it is problematic because the player has to redo their floors to reachieve the look they want. However, with the patio paving, there is a greater problem, because there are also pool and balcony pavings that used to seamlessly match and NOW DO NOT. In the attached screenshot, you can see there is now an awkward line where the pool paving meets the now completely different patio paving, where as before it was all part of one matching, seamless paved garden area. In a game where much of the game is built around design and aesthetics, this violates one of the basic rules of content development: you DO NOT drastically alter the appearance of existing content and mess up the hard work and money spent on the players' part. If you are receiving a lot of angry complaints about this change, it is because this violates "good form" on your part. If, for instance, you purchase a nice dress for your characters, it is with the unspoken understanding that this piece of clothing isn't going to change its cut and coloring next week. This change needs to be rolled back and the former appearance restored. If the team wishes to incorporate these new styles into the game, they should release them as a separate item from the original. If the goal was to improve the appearance of these textures with more modern graphics, I would suggest making a change that as closely resembles the original appearance as possible in color and style, and then applying it across the pool and balcony textures as well. This will make players far less angry, as it will lessen the potential for an offensive change in appearance on houses that are using these textures. Please listen to your players!
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

The letter is great and I agree 100%.

I finally sat down and went through all the flooring selections to find out which one it is. I don’t know if the name has changed or not but it’s now Darkened Pine and the reason I liked the old version is because it was the closest match to several of the darker wood doors but not anymore.😠

While I was scrolling through the flooring I thought I’d see if there was anything that would give me the same effect and the only two that were even close were the two parquet ones. At §310 a square it would cost §26,040 to replace in the one house where it is most obvious. That’s §20 a square more than the original flooring (assuming that they haven’t jacked up the price since I first put it in). And yes, I think it is the one in your pic.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Since we don't know whether the changed colors/patterns of the pavings and floor are intended or a bug, I'd not touch them in my sim's homes right away. If it's a bug the known and liked ones may come back with the next update.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

Here is the response I got, which surprisingly seems to indicate it is a bug! Which hopefully means they'll fix it.

Hi Mariel,

Thank you for contacting Firemonkeys. My name is Ajay and I will be the agent assisting you today.

I see that the color of the paving has changed in the game. I can understand how disappointing it would be on your end. Please do not worry, I will help you.

Your issue is currently being investigated, however, at this stage we don't have a timeline for an official fix. We understand that this may not be ideal but, due to the rarity and difficulty in reproducing the issue, it may take some time.

Keep an eye out for future updates and always make sure you have the latest version of the game.

We have credited your game with a gift for the trouble and if anything changes we will reach out and let you know.

Regards,
Ajay
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 06 May 2019, 13:19 Here is the response...
Where did I read that...

Wait a moment...

Compared to the surprisingly identical response from the support to another problem quoted in this posting it looks like their standard answer, copied and pasted.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Thuraya wrote: 06 May 2019, 14:03
Where did I read that...

Wait a moment...

Compared to the surprisingly identical response from the support to another problem quoted in this posting it looks like their standard answer, copied and pasted.
I'm pretty sure it's not even c&p but automatically in every reply. I've got at least two in my mailbox. But I'm surprised how fast they replied. I had to wait 5 and 6 days until I heard more than the first info that they have received my ticket.

To me there is still a 50/50 chance that the change is a bug :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

ErinPW wrote: 06 May 2019, 18:32
Thuraya wrote: 06 May 2019, 14:03
Where did I read that...

Wait a moment...

I'm pretty sure it's not even c&p but automatically in every reply. I've got at least two in my mailbox. But I'm surprised how fast they replied. I had to wait 5 and 6 days until I heard more than the first info that they have received my ticket.

To me there is still a 50/50 chance that the change is a bug :)
Yeah, I was like "difficulty reproducing the issue"?? EVERYBODY has a new paving graphic now! How is that hard to reproduce? XD
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

😲 That is quick for a reply from FM! Not helpful but quick.🤷‍♀️

As for the floor, I’m being rather spotty when it comes to playing the game right now so I don’t have to look at it too much. I can wait to see if it gets better or not.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
UnderCover Sim
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by UnderCover Sim »

The pop up adds seem to becoming more frequent (and annoying) quite often I don’t even have an action to complete 🤨
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

UnderCover Sim wrote: 12 May 2019, 15:52 The pop up adds seem to becoming more frequent (and annoying) quite often I don’t even have an action to complete 🤨
Hi UnderCover Sim!

You’re so right about the pop up ads...they randomly pop up too often and it’s super annoying! 😤😖