Holiday Francais Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Holiday Francais Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW »

Post any changes you find in the new update!

New
Source: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims ... cale=en-gb

Princess Leia and Darth Vader outfits for free at the online store - Available from May the 4th for the duration of the update
Downtown Developer 2 Event

New Update 5.53.1 in App/Play Stores for some bug fixes

Event Schedule (all dates in AEST)

NEW SimChase S14: Patisserie Pandemonium! 9-day event starting from Tuesday 21st April.
Rerun Long Hair Hobby Rerun: 7-day event running from Friday 24th April.
NEW Gallery Français Live Event: 10-day event starting Friday 1st May.
Rerun Player Favorite: The Secret Winter Wonderland Christmas Quest Re-run: 12-day event starting Tuesday 5th May.
NEW SimChase S15: Bedroom Bedlam! 7-day event starting from Wednesday 13th May.
NEW Maternity Pack 12 - Start a Pregnancy Event between 15th and 23rd May, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
Rerun Love is Blinds Event Re-run: 7-day event starting Thursday 21st May.
Rerun SimChase S1 Event Re-run: Mothers Day Madness! 7-day event starting Saturday 23rd May

…………

According to a Game Changer Video there may be two more reruns:
Café Grande live event re-run – 10 day event, running between Jun 1st and June 13th
Ghost Flustered seasonal quest re-run – 9 day quest, between Jun 6th and Jun 14th

Changes

Bunk beds can now be used by preteens.
Volleyball net has been fixed
Last edited by ErinPW on 29 Apr 2020, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Re: Holiday Francais Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Thanks, Erin!! I'm not a fan of all these SimChases, let alone the 9 day ones. Glad to see they're starting to rerun them, though, for people who missed out.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

ErinPW wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 11:30
According to a Game Changer Video there may be two more reruns:
Café Grande live event re-run – 10 day event, running between Jun 1st and June 13th
Ghost Flustered seasonal quest re-run – 9 day quest, between Jun 6th and Jun 14th

I'd imagine this will be to accomodate the obvious situation going on right now.

I like the idea of SimChase Reruns - there's only two that I didn't do and that was purposely. I hope Season 1 is reworked though because I know that the prices/tasks provided much difficulty when it came out.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

NEW SimChase S14: Patisserie Pandemonium! 9-day event starting from Tuesday 21st April.
I mean... did they really have to call it that? :?

Lol. Well, I’m not a fan of the SimChases either, usually paired with someone from a different time zone and they’ll do all the tasks while I’m sleeping, so I have to give up very quickly so as to avoid wasting SP (I dislike how much this the chase requires those).
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

alsie27 wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 06:42
Lol. Well, I’m not a fan of the SimChases either, usually paired with someone from a different time zone and they’ll do all the tasks while I’m sleeping, so I have to give up very quickly so as to avoid wasting SP (I dislike how much this the chase requires those).
Aren't the SimChases opponents NPC's?
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

I don’t actually know. Maybe they are! That would explain why I always lose. 😅But it seems strange that sometimes they finish all the tasks during the night and sometimes do barely nothing.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The opponent is indeed an NPC and always needs 24 hours to complete their tasks. If you happen to get a roadblock they really do need that time longer. It‘s pretty hard to complete even if you do longer tasks over night and set alarms at night, too. Playing with strategy and having SPs stocked up helps a lot. I don‘t like those events and the name of this one very much either but there‘s the „must have“ thingie :lol: I wish I had more time to actually play with my sims without hassle through events.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by marktheperson »

i haven't been playing much, but i am loving all the french themed items! i wish i could speed up the sim chase so i could just get all the prizes already haha.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

ErinPW wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 08:33 The opponent is indeed an NPC and always needs 24 hours to complete their tasks. If you happen to get a roadblock they really do need that time longer. It‘s pretty hard to complete even if you do longer tasks over night and set alarms at night, too. Playing with strategy and having SPs stocked up helps a lot. I don‘t like those events and the name of this one very much either but there‘s the „must have“ thingie :lol: I wish I had more time to actually play with my sims without hassle through events.
I see - yes, it makes sense that I lose most of the time! :D I think there was one where I got all the prizes before the opponent without even setting alarms (not about to sacrifice sleep for a game) but most of the time I end up giving up after the first one if the opponent beats me to it because if you lose it’s just a waste of SPs.
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

marktheperson wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 11:14 i haven't been playing much, but i am loving all the french themed items! i wish i could speed up the sim chase so i could just get all the prizes already haha.
Same!
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity