Christmas in London & Magical Morocco Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Christmas in London & Magical Morocco Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

Post any changes you find in the update!

The second part of this update will go live soon.
Source: salixcat.com

The second part of the update is in the App Stores. Here is a link to the official article: ea.com - Magical Morocco Version 5.57.2
Version 5.57.2
Version 5.57.2

Here are the playable event dates for the „Magical Morocco“ Update (dates in AEST)

New Live Event „Magical Morocco“ - 10 days - 1st January - 16th January
New Maternity Pack 17 - 9 days - Entry 5th January - 22nd January
New Hijabs added to wardrobes - 5th January
New SimChase 23: „Spa Skirmish“ - 9 days - 12th January - 24th January

Re Runs:
Hans On Player Favourite Re-Run. 7 days, 7th January - 24th January
Country Homestead Re-Run. 10 days, 13th January - 24th January

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

This Update is supposed to go live in less than 24 hours :)
Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Christmas in London Version 5.57.1

Version 5.57.1
Version 5.57.1

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in AEST):

NEW Influence Island Season 3 ‘Jolly Jammies’: 10-day event starting from Tuesday 1st December
NEW SimChase Season 22: Household Blitz: 7-day event starting from Tuesday 1st December
NEW 'A Christmas Carole’ Seasonal Quest: 10-day event starting Saturday 12th December
NEW Star Wars The Mandalorian ‘The Child’ free pack: available from Saturday 12th December
Sims FreePlay 9th Birthday Gift: available from Monday 14th December
NEW Influence Island Season 4 ‘Moroccan Kitchens’: 10-day event starting from Saturday 25th December

Reruns:
SimChase Season 12: Desert Duel Event Rerun: 7-day event starting from Friday 25th December
‘Long Hair Event’ Hair Hobby Rerun: 7-day event starting from Saturday 26th December
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Free Presents For Everyone!

Christmas Gifts
To celebrate the festive season, we’re giving everyone a free seasonal Christmas décor pack, complete with rounded windows with lights, Santa’s Chair, wishing well and candy cane wallpaper in brand new colour variants! Starting from 6th December, the items can be found in your inventory once redeemed.

Birthday Gifts
We’re celebrating our 9th birthday this year! To say thanks for your continued support, from the 14th December, you’ll receive 6 Mystery Box Keys to redeem a gift through the Online Store. To use them and claim a Mystery Box, go to the 'Mystery Box Shop' in the 'Weekly Tasks' section of the Active Tasks Menu.

The Child ‘Baby Yoda’ arrives in SimTown
To celebrate the second season of Disney+ live action series The Mandalorian, you can enjoy your very own free replica of The Child! Affectionately known as “Baby Yoda”, the statue can be placed in your Sims world so they can become one with the force in SimTown.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

The prices for „Rustic Weatherboards“, wallpapers „Rustic White Wood“ and „Rustic Beige Panels“ have been changed from LPs to simoleons.
New action for toddlers on arm chairs „Enjoy Story Time“
Option at older Christmas Trees „Sing Christmas Corals“
(Screenshots on page 2 of this topic.)
Renamed tab in CAS (Create A Sim): „Hats“ is now „Headwear“
New hidjabs in CAS for female teens, adults and seniors.

Bugs:
Game Center neighbors are missing on the Party Boats: https://simsfp.perturbee.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6094
Last edited by ErinPW on 05 Jan 2021, 20:39, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: More info on Magical Morocco Update
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Christmas in London Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by SKatF »

Sim Chase and Influence Island at same time? A second Influence Island? This update features all my least favorite things. At least a new Christmas quest to look forward to.
Sleepeople
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sleepeople »

I seem to have lost my neighbors? I’m still signed into Gamecenter and brought a Sim home after I updated. Now when I open the neighbors tab I just see the one default neighbor. I know I can’t add new neighbors through Gamecenter, I’m just looking to keep my existing friends (who are still listed in my Gamecenter account). I’m also a couple of updates behind on iOS, but that hasn’t changed, only the update is new. Anyway, I’ll report this, but am curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing, or knows why this is happening. Thanks,
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Sleepeople wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 16:17 I seem to have lost my neighbors? I’m still signed into Gamecenter and brought a Sim home after I updated. Now when I open the neighbors tab I just see the one default neighbor. I know I can’t add new neighbors through Gamecenter, I’m just looking to keep my existing friends (who are still listed in my Gamecenter account). I’m also a couple of updates behind on iOS, but that hasn’t changed, only the update is new. Anyway, I’ll report this, but am curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing, or knows why this is happening. Thanks,
This happened to other players as well. There is an own topic for this: https://simsfp.perturbee.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6094

Moments ago I have edited the opening post to add the info and the link.
iOS 17.4.1

Sleepeople
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sleepeople »

Thanks! I'll check out the other thread.
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

The Child ‘Baby Yoda’ arrives in SimTown
To celebrate the second season of Disney+ live action series The Mandalorian, you can enjoy your very own free replica of The Child! Affectionately known as “Baby Yoda”, the statue can be placed in your Sims world so they can become one with the force in SimTown.

I’ve claimed my ‘Baby Yoda’ , do we only get to have one in our Simtown or can we buy more in the home store? Soooooo cute! :)
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Chezza wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 15:04 […]

I’ve claimed my ‘Baby Yoda’ , do we only get to have one in our Simtown or can we buy more in the home store? Soooooo cute! :)
It has been unlocked :) You can find it in the messy Decorations tab of the home store.

The Child Statue
Attachments
8B63DFB5-F796-4E34-81E1-A130C1953308.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1

Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

ErinPW wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 15:19
Chezza wrote: 13 Dec 2020, 15:04 […]

It has been unlocked :) You can find it in the messy Decorations tab of the home store.
Ok, thank you..... I missed it the first time I looked through the decorations.
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

How do you "redeem" the wallpapers and other gifts?
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

chamilet wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 08:39 How do you "redeem" the wallpapers and other gifts?
There's a pink tab "FEATURED" in the home store where you can find all of the Christmas decorations, the new ones can be found there as well. They are just recolors of previously existing decorations. The first one is free, additional items cost simoleons (lots of them). I do not see the mentioned candy cane wallpaper in a new color in my game, only the red one we always had. Already have 3 of those listed for free.