Winter Update is Here

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Winter Update is Here

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

You can??? So I could have Charlie adopt a teen and have a family of 5 in his house???
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
nemi1
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nemi1 »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:You can??? So I could have Charlie adopt a teen and have a family of 5 in his house???
Have three people live in one house.
Have these three people ask three other people to move in (the last sim has to ask before the first is finished).

PS: At least that is how I do it - but as I said, I have read somewhere that you can have 9 people in a house - so maybe there is another way to do it.
username
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by username »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
username wrote: I've been doing the same. I pulled the leftover decos from last year out of storage and turned one of my empty houses into a blaringly red-and-green Christmas house. My "Santa" (ish) Sim looks a bit like your poor Bert from those long, sunless days at the North Pole. Perhaps he'll rosy up when it's Christmastime again.
I am beginning to feel bad for Bert. He made some friends in town and invited Arabella and Andromeda over to help him ghost hunt. I am seriously considering adding a second story but making it more normal living quarters just to give him a break. He could be caretaker and sell tickets for ghost tours on the first floor. Maybe I should start setting it up as a Christmas house on the second floor, to give him something to feel happy about. It would certainly be more cheerful - if I get enough Christmas stuff in the quest I could make it a year round Christmas store or something?

He was pretty mellow after visiting his new neighbors, popping into the nightclub and then watching a movie over at Charlie's house, then planting garlic at Amos's house - he only did his crazy chicken act at the club, before he made any friends. He told everybody to call him Bert, because I stuck him with such an awful name. I am beginning to like him and I didn't think I would. Maybe I'll send him over to the salon and fix him up a little bit - he's not an old man (yet) he's just been really stressed and is worn out from not sleeping well in his new house. He went gray prematurely :). At least that's what I tell myself. Maybe I'll make him middle aged, and he can flirt with one of my single middle aged, sensible ladies, adopt a teenager or something along those lines... Have to give him a job first - he's supposed to be a history professor at the high school.
Too bad we don't get more holiday-specific items. A three-story home with a story of haunted/Halloween, a story of Christmas, and an attic of miscellaneous decorations could be neat.
RiverSong11
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RiverSong11 »

When I look at my sim count, it says I have 17/22. I'm at level 29 and it says level 30 I get to add one more. How come all of you guys have a bigger sim cap then me? :(
Spoilers!
GC: MadAlice85
Haunted Hotel at 3 East Side
Reindeer Farm at 2 East Side
POLICE UPDATE
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

RiverSong11 wrote:When I look at my sim count, it says I have 17/22. I'm at level 29 and it says level 30 I get to add one more. How come all of you guys have a bigger sim cap then me? :(
You have 17 Sims but you can have 22 right now. Your 23rd sim will be available at level 30. I didn't get it at first either until I randomly clicked on by baby crib that has been sitting there waiting for me to get to level 40 to add a sim and it let me make the baby. So the I clicked on an empty house and it let me make a sim!

They gave us more sims at the lower levels with the update. I was 20/20 before the update and then I was 20/25, had a little population explosion adding a new baby and 3 adults that I had been planning for, but thought I had to wait. If you have been waiting to make a sim, go for it!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
RiverSong11
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RiverSong11 »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
RiverSong11 wrote:When I look at my sim count, it says I have 17/22. I'm at level 29 and it says level 30 I get to add one more. How come all of you guys have a bigger sim cap then me? :(
You have 17 Sims but you can have 22 right now. Your 23rd sim will be available at level 30. I didn't get it at first either until I randomly clicked on by baby crib that has been sitting there waiting for me to get to level 40 to add a sim and it let me make the baby. So the I clicked on an empty house and it let me make a sim!

They gave us more sims at the lower levels with the update. I was 20/20 before the update and then I was 20/25, had a little population explosion adding a new baby and 3 adults that I had been planning for, but thought I had to wait. If you have been waiting to make a sim, go for it!
Thanks for the info. So happy that I can add more sims.
Spoilers!
GC: MadAlice85
Haunted Hotel at 3 East Side
Reindeer Farm at 2 East Side
POLICE UPDATE