[SPOILER] Christmas AND New Year's Eve Quests!!

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [SPOILER] Christmas AND New Year's Eve Quests!!

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

hiser1974 wrote:Ow dear, just saw this list on Facebook:
Complete Xmas day 11 to win a Xmas snow globe!
1. Sing carols using a nutcracker soldier (6 hrs 30 mins)
2. Have a toddler sit on Santa's lap (2 mins)
3. Make presents at the workshop (4 hrs 12 mins)
4. Sing carols with the grouch (4 mins)
5. Be funny to the grouch (10 secs)
6. Take a closer look at vacuum (7 hrs 7 mins)

That means starting a sim on making presents early so he finishes soon after the other 2 tasks.
What was FM thinking when they made up these goals?
You can save some time by having a Sim go to the workshop and start working, then leave him there. Don't go back to check one him until you get to that goal, because as soon as you do, if its been 4 hours, he's finished and it won't count. I have a 5 hour drive tomorrow, so I will start my Sim singing with the soldier in his house when I wake up. Before I get in the car, I will send a different Sim to the workshop and get them started. Then I will set up my other Sims for working or gardening so that the last place I visit won't be the workshop, so game doesn't reopen there. Hopefully, when I get to the end of my trip, the 6 hour thing will be done, I will get my toddler to do her thing, wait about 15 minutes, then I will go to the workshop and see they are done making presents. Hopefully it will count. Then they'll have all afternoon and evening to look at the vacuum.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
alannamalfoy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by alannamalfoy »

mrs_smartt wrote:This is starting to annoy me with the time it takes to complete these goals. I've been relaxing and enjoying Christmas parties with my family and taking the time to do shopping and decorating the tree. I don't have time to play the sims and now I'm over a day behind on goals. I only have 22 LPs. I don't want to spend them all on speeding the goals up. It's bad enough that those people who don't have the pet shop built, wont get their reindeer.
wait seriously? grinch strudels! so to get my reindeer…
So let me get this straight: I'm going to have to build that pet shop which takes 42 hours when I have essentially 48 hours to complete EVERYTHING else… well this will be a tight grind...
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

alannamalfoy wrote:
mrs_smartt wrote:This is starting to annoy me with the time it takes to complete these goals. I've been relaxing and enjoying Christmas parties with my family and taking the time to do shopping and decorating the tree. I don't have time to play the sims and now I'm over a day behind on goals. I only have 22 LPs. I don't want to spend them all on speeding the goals up. It's bad enough that those people who don't have the pet shop built, wont get their reindeer.
wait seriously? grinch strudels! so to get my reindeer…
So let me get this straight: I'm going to have to build that pet shop which takes 42 hours when I have essentially 48 hours to complete EVERYTHING else… well this will be a tight grind...
I'm not there yet but I believe so. I don't have my pet shop built either. I didn't even get the teddy bear for the toddlers for the sims 2nd birthday because i dont have any toddlers.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

I don't know about the reindeer if you don't have the petshop build. You do get 1 free but I'm afraid you need the petshop to 'buy' that one from the petshop just as you buy the free stuff from the Home Store.

Sim 1 is singing carols and sim 2 will be off to make presents in a moment.
Then hopefully I can have them to look at the vacuum in the afternoon.
I really hope tomorrow will be a day with shorter tasks, this feels more like chores then as fun.
Which is a shame because I love everything else about the Christmas event.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

i didn't realise there's a look closely at vacuum task again on day 11, so i went to bed last night slightly off 12am without starting day 11 quest, thinking that probably sing carols with nutcracker soldier and make present would only be the 2 long tasks and wouldn't exceed 12 hours in total...

only until this morning when i checked here then i realized... :(
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

bloodcool wrote:i didn't realise there's a look closely at vacuum task again on day 11, so i went to bed last night slightly off 12am without starting day 11 quest, thinking that probably sing carols with nutcracker soldier and make present would only be the 2 long tasks and wouldn't exceed 12 hours in total...

Do as Karen suggested and start one Sim working on presents while the one is singing with the nutcracker. Just make sure you don't check in on the woodworker until his goal appears. That should give you plenty of time.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

telemwill wrote:
bloodcool wrote:i didn't realise there's a look closely at vacuum task again on day 11, so i went to bed last night slightly off 12am without starting day 11 quest, thinking that probably sing carols with nutcracker soldier and make present would only be the 2 long tasks and wouldn't exceed 12 hours in total...

Do as Karen suggested and start one Sim working on presents while the one is singing with the nutcracker. Just make sure you don't check in on the woodworker until his goal appears. That should give you plenty of time.
Oh I did... I brought my iPad to work today in order to start look closely at vacuum around 3pm.

Now should be finishing... :mrgreen:
Mon789
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mon789 »

Ok I am on the last day now. One of the goals is to sing carols with the grouch. Only thing is the grouch is nowhere to be found? I've tried everything. If someone can finish this goal please help!
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Mon789 wrote:Ok I am on the last day now. One of the goals is to sing carols with the grouch. Only thing is the grouch is nowhere to be found? I've tried everything. If someone can finish this goal please help!
Find Santa and the Grouch should be there.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Once again from Facebook:
Complete Xmas day 12 to save Xmas & unlock your pet reindeer! :
1. Get 4 sims in the park
2. Sing Xmas carols to vacuum (1 hr 30 mins)
3. Dance with Santa (4 mins)
4. Listen to Santa's Xmas story (5 hrs 22 mins)
5. Sing carols to the Xmas spirit vacuum (1 hr 30 mins)
6. Sing carols with the grouch (4 mins)
7. Have 4 sims sing carols to the Xmas spirit vacuum

The last task doesn't have a time mentioned but I think it will take 1 hr 30 mins.
So that would make 10 hours in total if you are able to do them consecutively.
Sigh, that means I will need to spend some lps to finish faster as I don't have all day to play.