[SPOILER] Anglers and Mutants quest

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
hiser1974

Re: [SPOILER] Anglers and Mutants quest

Post by hiser1974 »

Perturbee wrote:
Nandireya wrote:
nogard0 wrote:dont yay yet ... now it will take longer to get the LPs of the whole shebang like ghost hunting. they could have had a separate fish list !!
Won't be long until all the hobbies are 'upgraded' to 8 levels.

Does it at least reward us with 5 LPs for a complete like ghosthunting?
I too guess this is where they're taking hobbies down to (more work, less rewards).

Yes, it does give 5 LPs for the new collection.

Frankly I find this "quest" a big anti-climax after the Halloween Ghost Hunting, the Christmas story line and the New Year's Eve quest. Some sunglasses and shoes? Sheesh.

This whole event seems just a distraction from the fact that they 'upgraded' another hobby to 8 levels and 18 collectibles.
I too think they will be going to do this for all hobbies. So I expect to see more of these kind of events.
Just hope that the rewards for those will be beter but somehow I doubt it.

I for sure will not be spending lp to get this quest done in time. I will get my fishersim to lvl 8, just because I like to have 1 @ maximum level for each hobby but he can take his time for that, no need to hurry (though hurrying is never the case with fishing ;) ).
EvilEmily2213
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EvilEmily2213 »

Okay I am having a problem. I used Lps to get my fisher dude up to level 5. Now all he is catching is brown trout. No matter how long he fishes for. Any suggestions? Also do you think I can complete this quest in the 12 days I have left?
LucyBoots
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LucyBoots »

if you have all the medals up to level 5 all you will get is the brown trout, you need your sim to evel 6 to get the next set of medals, and so on
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

EvilEmily2213 wrote:Now all he is catching is brown trout. No matter how long he fishes for.
Try this (from FB):
James Morrisette wrote: "The LP spin breaks the brown trout rut. When you get back in it again, use the LP spin again. It's the only way to break the brown trout rut"
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

EvilEmily2213 wrote:Okay I am having a problem. I used Lps to get my fisher dude up to level 5. Now all he is catching is brown trout. No matter how long he fishes for. Any suggestions? Also do you think I can complete this quest in the 12 days I have left?
He won't catch any level 6, 7 or 8 fish until he gets to those levels. He'll only catch level 5 and lower. Mine was stuck on brown trout for almost 200 catches before he leveled up and caught something different.

I did a combo of visiting my glitch neighbor, getting 3 LP, had him "unwind" at neighbor's lake 3 times, used 1 LP to finish the task each time, get my 3% gain, go back home, go back to neighbor's, do it again. When I got tired or bored, I sent him to my own lake and had him do 4 minute sessions or let him finish 1 hour sessions. He got level 7 last night. Today, I did that again and half way through level 7 I got fed up (trying to work!) and kept sending him to neighbors to get 3 LP and did a handful of lucky spins to get the last 3 fish. Quest is completed, but he is still only at level 7 (62% done to level 8). I sent him to the snow park since he missed work, and he's snowboarding for XP for awhile. Eventually, we will finish the fishing, but I will do it when I feel like it and when I am not trying to focus on closing books for year end!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
EvilEmily2213
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EvilEmily2213 »

Perturbee wrote: Try this (from FB):
James Morrisette wrote: "The LP spin breaks the brown trout rut. When you get back in it again, use the LP spin again. It's the only way to break the brown trout rut"
Thank you! I don't have fb and that actually worked. I am all out of Lps now so I am screwed. I have my people wood working and what not because they do give Lps when you finish a collection but I'm wondering how much percentage points do you get for the 9 hour fishing one?
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

EvilEmily2213 wrote:
Perturbee wrote: Try this (from FB):
Thank you! I don't have fb and that actually worked. I am all out of Lps now so I am screwed. I have my people wood working and what not because they do give Lps when you finish a collection but I'm wondering how much percentage points do you get for the 9 hour fishing one?
Did you get to do the Christmas quest for the reindeer? If you did, send one of your Sims to Another Simtown, he'll get another free reindeer and 3 LP. You can repeat visit and collect LP.

The 9 hour stint apparently only renders 1% or 2% depending on how high you are. Best bet is 4 minutes, always gets at least 1/2% even though it shows 0%. You'll see it change every other time. One hour always gets you 1% if you can't baby sit every 4 minutes.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by boysnberry11 »

EvilEmily2213 wrote: Thank you! I don't have fb and that actually worked. I am all out of Lps now so I am screwed. I have my people wood working and what not because they do give Lps when you finish a collection but I'm wondering how much percentage points do you get for the 9 hour fishing one?
Keep visiting Another Sim Town?
GC: boysnberry11
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

boysnberry11 wrote:
EvilEmily2213 wrote: Thank you! I don't have fb and that actually worked. I am all out of Lps now so I am screwed. I have my people wood working and what not because they do give Lps when you finish a collection but I'm wondering how much percentage points do you get for the 9 hour fishing one?
Keep visiting Another Sim Town?
Yes, it is the LP or Christmas glitch for those who have completed the Christmas quest and got rewarded with 3LP and brown reindeer...

Just make a visit to Another Sim Town and you will get rewarded with 3LP and brown reindeer again. Keep repeating the visit and you will see your LP increased. You do not need to go buy the reindeer immediately from your pet store, it will just stack up...
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by boysnberry11 »

I just finished the quest. I actually like the shoes (ducks) for my new lady sims who missed out on the better choices before the teen update. However, the quest effort doesn't match the reward.
GC: boysnberry11