[SPOILER] Anglers and Mutants quest

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Mon789
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [SPOILER] Anglers and Mutants quest

Post by Mon789 »

My fisher sim now lives at the park. He visited a neighbour today to use their singing fish to inspire him, then back to it. He does 9 hour shifts overnight, even though it's only 1% it's better than nothing overnight or when I'm not able to do the 1 hour or 4 min options.
I am really beginning to not care about this quest, but once I start something I feel compelled to finish it!!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I am ready to put a kick me sign on my back, and ask someone with a sturdy boot to swing a big swift kick!! :? I lost track of my percentage while I was in my neighbor's town fishing, and accidentally caught a mutant fish when I leveled up to 7! What was I thinking?? Of course it didn't count. I also foolishly gathered all my LPs first, and then did the fishing, while once in a while checking in on my other sims. So my save data is hours old. If I go back, I lose some of my LPs, and all my fishersim's progress (from 14% to 100). ~sigh~ :roll:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

SIMazing wrote:I am ready to put a kick me sign on my back, and ask someone with a sturdy boot to swing a big swift kick!! :? I lost track of my percentage while I was in my neighbor's town fishing, and accidentally caught a mutant fish when I leveled up to 7! What was I thinking?? Of course it didn't count. I also foolishly gathered all my LPs first, and then did the fishing, while once in a while checking in on my other sims. So my save data is hours old. If I go back, I lose some of my LPs, and all my fishersim's progress (from 14% to 100). ~sigh~ :roll:
Don't worry, the mutant fish shows up fairly easily after you hit level 7. Besides you still need to level up to 8 so plenty of chances of catching them ;)
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Palmjill wrote:
SIMazing wrote:I am ready to put a kick me sign on my back, and ask someone with a sturdy boot to swing a big swift kick!! :? I lost track of my percentage while I was in my neighbor's town fishing, and accidentally caught a mutant fish when I leveled up to 7! What was I thinking?? Of course it didn't count. I also foolishly gathered all my LPs first, and then did the fishing, while once in a while checking in on my other sims. So my save data is hours old. If I go back, I lose some of my LPs, and all my fishersim's progress (from 14% to 100). ~sigh~ :roll:
Don't worry, the mutant fish shows up fairly easily after you hit level 7. Besides you still need to level up to 8 so plenty of chances of catching them ;)
yup, ever since i reached level 7 yesterday, i've been getting mutant fish 50% of the time... and Simsie appears more often too.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

bloodcool wrote:Yes, it is the LP or Christmas glitch for those who have completed the Christmas quest and got rewarded with 3LP and brown reindeer...

Just make a visit to Another Sim Town and you will get rewarded with 3LP and brown reindeer again. Keep repeating the visit and you will see your LP increased. You do not need to go buy the reindeer immediately from your pet store, it will just stack up...
Thank you, bloodcool and Hufflepuff Karen! I wasn't aware of this glitch, I've been away from internet for a while. What a quick and easy way to snag some LPs... Maybe I can finally get the sim town sign and teen mansion! And upgrade my monuments, too!

Working on the fishing..... From what I've read here it doesn't seem worth all the effort. :|
Level 55; Penthouse Update
LucyBoots
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LucyBoots »

my fishersim was only 30% towards level 7, soooo I had enough hate fishing, did the lucky spins, got all the mutants cost about 50lp! got them all back with the glitch. done and done.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Whew! So far all I've caught in my own lake since were still lower level fish. I won't give up! Thanks Palmjill and bloodcool! 50% is still better than a kick in the pants! lol :lol:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Scarletlocs
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Scarletlocs »

I'm having a HARD time. For the last two days I'm at 66% and catching the same darn fish. This is irritating. Help!!! I even try fishing at the neighbors and catching the same darn fish. Urghhhhh
PaQuilter
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by PaQuilter »

Scarletlocs wrote:I'm having a HARD time. For the last two days I'm at 66% and catching the same darn fish. This is irritating. Help!!! I even try fishing at the neighbors and catching the same darn fish. Urghhhhh
I used lp to get through the quest. I only have one fisher sim who was at level 6. It seems like they want us to spend lps to finish the quest. My fisher Sim is still only at level 6 but I would do 4 min. segments using 1 lp to finish the task. When that stopped working, I did the 3 lp lucky spin and finished the quest after 3 or 4 spins. I don't have the patience to finish it the slower way. Actually, that's probably why the monuments are so aggrevating to me. :)
“Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.”
House #24 - Left of Volcano - House for Neighbors
House #27 - Right of Volcano - Haunted House
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Scarletlocs wrote:I'm having a HARD time. For the last two days I'm at 66% and catching the same darn fish. This is irritating. Help!!! I even try fishing at the neighbors and catching the same darn fish. Urghhhhh
You won't catch any higher level fish until you level up. I must have caught that brown trout 200 times before I leveled up and was able to catch something different! Really aggravating hobby!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48