"Lost at Sea" Starts 15/09/2013 @ noon GMT

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

"Lost at Sea" Starts 15/09/2013 @ noon GMT

Post by Perturbee »

"Lost at Sea"

Complete list of requirements:
- 1 “boat” (grid 8 by 18) on any lot of your choosing. No additional floors may be used, having an empty floor with no rooms or one tiny room is fine, but no stairs/lifts/teleporters. Doors leading outside are not allowed, only temporarily for getting sims back inside. There is no requirements for rooms.
- 2 adult sims, relationship: Strangers, Jobs preferably none, but switch at the start to keep things in line with the challenge. As stated before, 1 sim lives at the “boat”, the other comes from town.
- If you can add one more sim, this would be desirable, but the challenges include alternatives. You can always delete the resulting pre-teen after finishing the challenges.
- No star requirements for any of the items used, it's perfectly acceptable to use whichever you prefer.
- Minimal Furniture requirements: 1 fridge, 1 microwave, 1 stove, 1 book case, 1 TV, 1 telephone.
- Hobby items required: 1 woodworking bench, and 1 fashion design studio (place them as far away from each other as possible inside the boat).
- Furniture added during the challenges: 1 politician's mirror, 1 easel (artist's paint set), 1 crib (only for a few days) and 1 pre-teen study desk.
- Optional: video camera to play filming the events, toddler toys.
- Create and decorate the boat in any way you like, provided you can meet the above requirements.

It is okay to move furniture around during the challenges, it's not okay to add more other than the required ones. Once you remove something, it's not allowed to add it later again (except when and what's indicated during the challenges).
Whatever is thrown over board, stays over board!

- Use of LPs are limited to certain requirements, probably 23 (for wedding ring, baby + 2 birthday cakes) + adding sim cost.
- Pets are allowed as long as you keep them inside too. So that kind of rules out dogs, but you can have one.
- Some basic picture editing skills (cropping) recommended.

The story: Your sim and his/her friend went on a trip with a boat (since there are only 4, a regular lot is recommended for the house requirements). Their engine broke and they decide to make their time useful. They have no means to leave the boat (so no doors to go outside, only temporarily in case one glitches away).

Starting at noon GMT on Sunday the 15th of September, the challenge will last for 14 days, so it stops at noon GMT on Sunday 29th of September.

Exact goals will be announced on the starting day.

There will be three categories in the ending:
- Players with lots of time,
- Players with more than 2 and less than 4 hours available
- Players with 2 hours or less available.

And the three above categories for those unable to add a sim during this challenge.

This is mostly an honour based game, I don't expect anyone to cheat.
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: "Lost at Sea" Starts 15/09/2013 @ noon GMT

Post by Bixas »

Perturbee wrote:"Lost at Sea"

- 1 “boat” (grid 8 by 18) on any lot of your choosing. No additional floors may be used, having an empty floor with no rooms or one tiny room is fine, but no stairs/lifts/teleporters. Doors leading outside are not allowed, only temporarily for getting sims back inside. There is no requirements for rooms.
ok... So this is not referencing an Island Houseboat, but a specific wall configuration anywhere. Did I understanding this correct?

iiiiiinteresting. 8-)
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

FABULOUS! Still Decorating & Prepping for the event.
Have added one new Challenge Sim, living in her drydock boat in town:
Chardonnay Beringer, and her cat Brie

Another Challenge Sim being added today: Merlot Mondavi
(IF they have a baby, it will be little Zinfandel)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Bixas wrote:
Perturbee wrote:"Lost at Sea"

ok... So this is not referencing an Island Houseboat, but a specific wall configuration anywhere. Did I understanding this correct?

iiiiiinteresting. 8-)
Yes, you can build it on any lot, as long as the measurements are 8 by 18 (length of a standard lot and premium houseboat).
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Dilly wrote:FABULOUS! Still Decorating & Prepping for the event.
Have added one new Challenge Sim, living in her drydock boat in town:
Chardonnay Beringer, and her cat Brie

Another Challenge Sim being added today: Merlot Mondavi
(IF they have a baby, it will be little Zinfandel)
Great! I have Captain Crazy and he will be joined by Cassandra Carbonara
Cathy Thistle has Violet Borealis who will be joined by Brent Spar (get the reference?)

Both will be played on the (stripped) houseboats
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

After the challenge we'll have to get Cassandra Carbonera together with Merlot Mondavi, I think they will pair together very well! :lol:
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

I will be looking for an oil rig next time I visit your island! LOL
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Perturbee wrote: - Use of LPs are limited to certain requirements, probably 23 (for wedding ring, baby + 2 birthday cakes) + adding sim cost.
My bad, I forgot to add the cost of a wedding ring, which is max. 10 LPs. I updated the post.

One more day until we start! I'm excited about this. ;)
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bixas »

All right, I just locked my folks in their boat for what should be a three hour tour...

A three hour tour, right?
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

Bixas wrote:All right, I just locked my folks in their boat for what should be a three hour tour...

A three hour tour, right?
That's right Gilligan! ;)