Homeless Sim - Stories

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Homeless Sim - Stories

Post by SIMazing »

This thread is for stories about your homeless sim, if you have a storyline to go with your challenge.

SIMazing Hobo Sim, Day 1:
Mugsy found himself lost and alone in the streets of my simtown, wanting to turn his life around. He found a little run down shed with a park bench, nearby the beach, to hide in for now, and maybe to buy someday later. While pretending to be a visitor from Another Simtown, Mugsy would go to the community center, make and sell crafted wood items.
But today was different for Mugsy. His life was about to change.

This morning, Mugsy earned enough money from woodworking to get into the snow park so he could sneak some leftovers from the lodge fridge before anyone could catch him. However, when he got there today there were a lot of sims. Not wanting to be kicked out for his appearance (unshaven, his clothes were in shambles, and he smelled really strong of perspiration), Mugsy tried to sneak in and sneak out. He was almost out the door when he was confronted by the mayor's adult son, Prince Benjamin. Mugsy pretended to be passing through, just wanting to snow board a little. Benji wasn't buying it, but was nice to poor Mugsy. He even told him all about how Queen Brandy (the mayor) had plans to tear down the abandoned lot on West Oceanside and build her daughter (the famous Teen Idol) a new mansion. Benji gave a smug, "I caught you," kind of grin. Mugsy squirmed a little as he shook Benji's hand, and politely excused himself. Realizing he was about to lose his home if he didn't do something quick, he headed straight for the community center to spend the night making more weird ornaments.

Two separate entrance fees to the community center, and one to the snow park: -s350.
Woodworking, making insane and weird objects out of wood and steel: +s956.
Awkwardly shaking the hand of Prince Benji: = priceless. :lol:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Homeless Sim - Stories

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Rolanda's Dilemma - Day 1

Oh no! Unscrupulous contractors have taken all of Rolanda's money and left her with a half demolished house! She was going to remodel her little house, just fix it up before putting it on the market. She wanted to sell it and get a newer home, closer in to town - she's getting older and is a little uncomfortable living on the outskirts. Her little house is tiny and old and not up to code, nobody wanted to buy it and the city has been after her for a year to do repairs and put a new roof on it.

She got a reverse mortgage to get some funds to do the repairs and the new roof and it turned out it was a reverse mortgage fraud - her retirement funds have been stolen and what cash she had left she gave to the crooked contractor. Now the city has filed a code enforcement lien on her property for failure to pull proper permits and have inspections and having a half demolished building on the lot. They have boarded up what remains of her home and condemned it! All of her belongings are jumbled together and boarded up inside what used to be her living room and the only room that is accessible is the partially demolished old bedroom. Worse, the city boarded up the house with the garbage inside - dozens of empty pizza boxes left by the contractors - what hasn't already been damaged is going to be over run with cockroaches! Ewwwwww!
After 3 weeks of non-stop work at Irma's design company, Rolanda arrives home to find her house has been condemned and boarded up by the city!
After 3 weeks of non-stop work at Irma's design company, Rolanda arrives home to find her house has been condemned and boarded up by the city!
She can't tell her friend Irma, because Irma will think it's her fault for encouraging Rolanda to work with her in her fledgling fashion design business. Irma is so driven that she made Rolanda feel guilty for not putting in 24 hours a days to get the business off the ground and, as a result, Rolanda has not been home for almost 3 weeks and did not pick up her mail - otherwise she would have received the letter about the condemnation in time to go to the town hall and request an extension. Tonight, she told Irma she just needed a break and was going to go home and see how work was progressing, take a day off and take care of personal business...
Why isn't the half demolished room boarded up?  Hmmm, maybe she can take shelter until and inspector comes...
Why isn't the half demolished room boarded up? Hmmm, maybe she can take shelter until and inspector comes...
What is she going to do? Her only skill was teaching, although she did dabble in sewing, knitting and is pretty handy with home repairs. She's too embarrassed to tell her best friend and fellow retired teacher, Arabella, how she was taken to the cleaners by crooks and that she was silly enough to believe the late night TV ad about how "easy" it was to get reverse mortgage...
Last edited by Hufflepuff Karen on 09 Nov 2013, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Rolanda's Dilemma - Day 1 (continued)

After a good crying jag, Rolanda knew she had to do something to get her house back and get it repaired...
Crying doesn't help, but sometimes it's necessary!
Crying doesn't help, but sometimes it's necessary!
She thought and thought about what she could do to earn some money, so that she could go to the town hall and apply for a permit and pay the fines and fees so they would hold a hearing and let her try to get her house off of the demolition list. She knows a roof permit costs $500, and she only has $100 in her pocket... The city won't even consider a hearing until she can pay the fines and pay for the permit - she has no idea how much the fines are, but it could be as much as $50 per day since the the first notice went out, so she thinks it might be another $750! She will have to find out in the morning, when the town hall opens and she can go to the building department.

In the meantime, she thinks she can out her handy skills to use and buy some materials at the community center and make some toys and gifts to sell for Christmas and Chanukah... Lucky it's open 24 hours a day!
Being handy comes in handy!
Being handy comes in handy!
Last edited by Hufflepuff Karen on 09 Nov 2013, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Rolanda's Dilemma - Day 1 (continued)

After working at the CC half the night, Rolanda was able to make several items that she can sell at the park's annual craft sale this weekend. With a little more time, she might be able to make enough to pay the fines and get her permit. Tonight she made a fine sculpture, 2 dragons and even a Rumple Steelskin doll. She figures she can get about $775 for them. She spent $100 on the materials and the fee to use the tools at the CC. Exhausted, she's trying to figure out if she can get away with accidentally falling asleep on the sofa at the snow park or if they will tell her she has to leave when they close at 2 am for cleaning and restocking the bar and kitchen. It's warm and dry there and not as scary as sleeping on the floor of her demolished half-a-house. By now, the empty pizza boxes have probably started attracting rats! Although she hopes her Sim Eating Plant might take care of THAT problem! She wishes he'd eaten the contractors and the code enforcement people!
Hoping nobody notices she fell asleep on the sofa at the snow park...
Hoping nobody notices she fell asleep on the sofa at the snow park...
Last edited by Hufflepuff Karen on 09 Nov 2013, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hobo Mugsy, Day Two, All Around Town:

Mugsy worked at the community center until they closed for the night, arranged a consignment for the crafts he made, and then went back to the abandoned shed for some rest. It was nearly a useless effort, though. He must have only slept three and a half hours on that park bench. He tossed and turned, thinking over and over that someone would come onto the lot and make him leave. Would it be a construction crew? Planners? Maybe someone from his old life, coming to seek revenge? At least he would make a good sum for his sculpted items. Maybe tomorrow he could figure out how to make one of those enchanted dolls...

In the morning, Mugsy was awaken by barking. The dog belong to one of the neighbors and had wandered into the lot. "You're tag says your name is Rudolf. Well, Rudy, I don't have any food or toys, but you're welcome to stay awhile." Rudolf made himself at home right away, and even dug up some valuable items, buried by the construction crew who had torn down the original house. Mugsy was happy to have someone to talk to, and especially happy to have the extra money.
Rudolf, the dog, good morning
Rudolf, the dog, good morning
When Mugsy got to the community center that morning, he found quite a few sims buying his consignment items, and collected his profit so far. The woodworking benches were full of crafters attempting to make their own versions, so Mugsy had to come up with a different plan for making some money that day.

He took a long walk around town, and found himself at the Swimming Center. They were setting up for a dive class, but no one was using the pool yet. Mugsy twirled out of his rags, and prepared to do a Sim Tsunami, right there in his old shorts! The dive coach came running out, to stop him from dirtying the pool, but was too late. She jumped in and kicked him out - literally. She charged him a fine for jumping in without showering first, and demanded he leave. Mugsy grabbed his clothes, putting them on as he hurried out the center doors.
Being kicked out of the pool
Being kicked out of the pool
On his way back to the part of town with the community center, he found himself enticed by the aroma of a smoldering BBQ. He ventured into the town park, found some leftovers on a grill, and made himself a meal. As he sat down on the closest bench, he noticed a giant fish chasing a man across the pier, again and again. "Why doesn't this guy give up?" he wondered. After he ate, he interrupted the fellow to find out. To Mugsy's surprise, it was King Nick! Unlike his wife or son, who ran the town like a fine tuned machine, King Nick was easy going, and maybe a little crazy. He bet Mugsy that he couldn't be swallowed by Simsie, the giant fish, and strong enough to hang onto the fish that was on his fishing line too. He had to do it in only five fishing tries. If Mugsy failed, he had to leave town forever. If he succeeded, the king would sell him a subscription to a magazine, at a nice discount, of course. This made Mugsy laugh and he accepted.
Making a deal with the crazy king
Making a deal with the crazy king
After buying some bait, he cast his line. Three tries went by without even a nibble from Simsie. For the fourth try Mugsy found out how big Simsie really was. Mugsy fought hard against the beast, and won. However, all that he had on his line was an Elmer wand. The king still kept his word and offered him 4 magazines for only s59.99. Mugsy took the deal, and stashed the magazines in his pocket, but cast his line out again. The King, wanting his fishing rod back, unhappily waited for him. When he pulled up a crab de can, the King became angry. "You must sell it to me!" Mugsy became scared, but agreed. The King gave him s500 for it, and Mugsy quickly left the park.

As mid-afternoon approached, the snow park seemed empty. Mugsy decided he wanted to try a relaxing skate. He searched the lodge for coffee and some skating gear, and then hurried to the ice rink for a warm up. Despite falling down over and over, a few sims threw Simoleons onto the ice as alms. They were laughing and enjoying his awkward technique. There was nearly s200 on the ice before the owner of the suit came along and demanded his clothes back. But Mugsy still smelled like the pungent giant fish, and so the owner soon realized he would have to have his suit cleaned. He reached down and collected s150 of Mugsy loot. Embarrassed, Mugsy changed in a hurry, and quickly left.

Mugsy had never felt so heartbroken and alone. He regretted his decision to try to stay in My Simtown. He headed to the community center to gather the remaining consignment money for his wooden art, and would then head out to the next simtown down the road. The total for all his work gave him nearly s2000, which he was sure would be enough to get him started. That's when he heard a noise upstairs like a toddler giggling. Kids weren't allowed near the woodworking benches, so he tiptoed up the stairs to find out what was going on.

A beautiful woman was there, chasing an enchanted doll! She caught Mugsy watching her and invited him to join her. He asked her how to make the dolls, and she explained. She also explained how to catch them. As he stretched his arms up, they had a brief feeling like they were dancing.
Learning to catch the enchanted dolls
Learning to catch the enchanted dolls
They giggled a little themselves, and then got to work on trying to create these expensive crafts. Mugsy gave the woman, named Mint, some money to have some of the enchanted materials. They chatted about life and how Mugsy got to be in her town. They felt a spark between them. Mugsy decided he would stay in the town a little longer. When it was closing time at the center, Mint admitted that she didn't know when she would be back. She was there to make toys for her missing dog, in hopes that he would return to her. "Hopefully Rudolf found a warm place to stay and hasn't been taken in by some dog thief!" she confided. Mugsy looked shocked. "Surely no one from this town would keep your dog." he replied, as they went out the door. When he got back to the shed, he hugged and praised Rudolf for a good job of hunting that day, but he was never more torn.
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Simazing, I am loving your Mugsy stories! I sure hope he gets back on his feet soon!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Simazing, I am loving your Mugsy stories! I sure hope he gets back on his feet soon!
Thanks! I love your story about Rolanda, and am rooting for her to get her home back! :D
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

I love reading your stories, this challenge sounds like a lot of fun to do.
Saved the post explaining the challenge so I can do it at a later time.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Rolanda's Dilemma - Day 2

After a restless night on the snow park couch (she managed to avoid the cleaning crew by hiding behind the building until the bathrooms were cleaned and then going and hiding in the bathroom).
Hiding from the cleaning crew...brrrrr!
Hiding from the cleaning crew...brrrrr!
Early in the morning, she ventured out and raided the fridge, washed up in the sink the best she could, had a cup of tea and then dozed off for a little while. The only person she saw was a teenager who was looking at the globe in the snow park.
Rolanda meets the town's teen idol, Dora.
Rolanda meets the town's teen idol, Dora.
Being a former geography teacher, she asked the teen what she was doing and introduced herself. Turns out the teen was the town's famous Teen Idol winner and she was planning her world tour. By coincidence, she also happens to be the mayor's daughter. Dora told Rolanda all about how hard she had been working on her music, but how her parents kept making her go to school - they want her to graduate. She's planning her world tour for the coming summer of 2014. Rolanda told Dora about some of the exciting places she could visit while she was touring in Europe. They became friends. Then Rolanda told Dora that she had to go over to town hall today to get some paperwork for her house resolved. Dora told her that there are always long lines and her dad is always complaining that the people waiting outside yell at him when he goes to work.

Rolanda figured she'd better head over early and get in line! Good thing she did - hours later, she had a stack of permit applications, requests for waivers, exemptions, extensions, a booklet about code enforcement regulations and dealing with unsafe structures and a big headache - the permit will be $1,000 and the fine is $100 a day! Her fines are already up to $2,100!

She went right over to the community center, collected some scrap materials (boards with bent nails) and tried to make some more items to sell for the park's craft sale. She only had enough scraps to make 3 weird ornaments, 2 hammers and 3 Sim City turbines, barely enough to cover the CC's tool usage fee! Discouraged, she returned to the snow park, ate the leftovers in the fridge, cleaned up the best she could and took a nap on the couch. She woke up in the middle of the night and proceeded to read through all of the papers and booklets that she had picked up at the town hall. Amazingly, the cleaning crew did not question why she was sitting there reading all night.
Sure is a lot of paperwork to read and forms to fill out!
Sure is a lot of paperwork to read and forms to fill out!
Trying to keep up her spirits, she resolved to spend all day at the CC, and make as many things as possible for the craft sale this weekend so that on Monday she can apply for her permit - she was told the fines would stop accumulating once she gets the permit submitted, as long as she begins work within 10 days. She's worried about finding a new contractor that will be honest and replace her roof without ripping her off. Maybe today there will be somebody at the CC that she can ask for advice.
Hoping to make some good items to sell!
Hoping to make some good items to sell!
Last edited by Hufflepuff Karen on 09 Nov 2013, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
sm22281
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sm22281 »

image.jpg
"Far from the Madding Crowd"
My name is Oscar Schumacher, my wife is Hazel and our 2 children are Paul and Monica.  I have had a successful career as a researcher at the world-class science institute in town and found a special mix to treat hemophilia patients.  The money award enabled us to build a comfortable mansion and drive a luxury car.  I am considered the guy with every trapping of success.  At that point, I thought I needed a break from my science career and decided to try public service, winning the Mayor's seat at the last city election.  Lately, I find myself dissatisfied with my life, and find myself taking long walks at night through the town, just thinking and watching the street lights and the stars.
I found a heavily wooded lot near the firehouse with a tiny shack set back from the road.  It was so peaceful staying there, listening to the sounds of birds and just chilling without the phone or computers or people asking me to make important decisions.  
Hazel is busy teaching yoga and Zumba classes at the fitness center most mornings, and she has discovered a new hobby designing fashion fitness outfits.  She spends most of her free time at her best friend's, cranking out their newest line for the fall show.  Our son Paul is competing for the Teen Idol event and spends day and night creating musical pieces in his room-now his studio, barely emerging to grab a mug of latte or a bowl of ramen, I think he is even skipping classes in the pursuit of his dream.  Our baby girl, Monica, the A-list student, keeps balancing her ballet and karate sessions when she is not on the computer with her friends.
I told Hazel I would be out of town for a business trip and decided to just drop out of circulation for a while, hiding in my little "tree- house".  A friend, Baxter, had recently introduced me to woodworking and started a guys woodworking club at his house.  All my buddies are there this week, working on a club project.  This leaves the old Community Center woodworking benches available most of the time, so I am stopping there to make a few little things.  I can sell them through the display case in the lobby.  Many times, I run into these little fellows, Pine Oakio, Ragtime Runaway, and others.  We have fun conversations!  I told them I had always wanted to work with my hands to create a thing of magic and beauty.  They encouraged me to pick up an old easel at the local rummage sale and I have it now propped up in my hidey-shack, and I am sketching and painting happily.   Finally, I can put down all the images that have been crowding my brain! I packed some clothing and toiletries in a suitcase that Hazel had tucked away at home, I would have preferred a backpack or duffel bag, but hey, that was handy and the only item at hand.
Since I am hiding from family and neighbors for a while, I decided to jog to the Neighboring ski park.  The building is open 24/7 for customers.  With my local resident pass, I can get in and have fruit smoothies, granola bars and nut snacks from the fridge, a cup of espresso from the cappuccino machine, and shave and wash in the middle of the night, without facing crowds.  I studied the globe for a while, envisioning adventures to faraway places.  Actually, I met a ski-bunny newcomer there, a gorgeous young divorcee, Ms. White.  Her sweet and undivided attention made me feel romantic again and we agreed to meet again the next evening.  We kissed and hugged, and she even asked me for a date at the night club on Saturday evening.  I feel like a young and single guy again, but I am not sure if we need to take the relationship further.  Hazel was my sweetheart in college and we raised 2 beautiful children, sigh!
All of my woodworking projects for the past couple of days are selling really well, according to the  sales display desk in the lobby.   Customers have deposited funds electronically to my Paypal account, amazingly I have over s10,000 in earnings.
My daughter Monica has been showing up downstairs to practice at the barre and do her fancy pirouettes.  As much as I love her, I treasure my time of solitude so I am hiding upstairs in the workshop, talking to my little friends...
I am going back to the Ski Park later tonight to eat and wash again.  With my earnings from my artistic creations, I can purchase the wooded lot from the city tomorrow thus keeping my woodsy hideaway.   I have awakened my inner artist and the hideaway will be a perfect place to create in solitude.   Who knows?  I may create many more beautiful things...  My little friends have given me all these wonderful ideas. :P
GC ID: Joyinmotion
Device: iPad Air
Haunted House
: #22 West Side
HFN: #21 West Side (under development)
Teen idol mansion with musical instruments; a few dogs, cats, & pools.