Homeless Sim - Stories

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Homeless Sim - Stories

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Rolanda's Dilemma - Day 7

Tuesday morning, Rolanda was at Town Hall to pay her fines and get her permit. The fines were up to $2,800 - they count weekends and holidays, too! Fortunately, she had enough from her craft sale proceeds and she applied for her permit, paid the fee of $1,000 for that and $2,800 for the fines. The Town Clerk told her it would take 2 or 3 days to approve the permit and issue it, because they have to get approval from the Fire Department and the Unsafe Structures division. She needs to find a contractor as soon as possible, because a new roof requires a contractor with a license, so Rolanda used a phone at the Town Hall to leave Charlie a message to stop by the CC before he goes in to work with the list of contractors he was going to give to her.

After she left Town Hall, she went to the CC and started making her dolls and trains and dragons. The tools have all been repaired, so she was able to make more projects even though she got a late start. She completed 2 Rag dolls, a Sammy doll and an Oakio doll and a couple of other odds and ends to replenish her stock.
Working hard to finish enough dolls to pay for her new roof.
Working hard to finish enough dolls to pay for her new roof.
Charlie stopped in on his way to work and gave her some names to contact. He said she can find them working on a couple of houses around town, or at the grocery store and one of them is crazy for fishing and is always hanging around the park on his lunch break, so she might find him there, if she can't reach them by phone.
Charlie stops by on his way to work, to give Rolanda the name of a roofer.
Charlie stops by on his way to work, to give Rolanda the name of a roofer.
As she was getting ready to leave for the evening, Arthur and Ariana came in to work on their recital program, so she finally got to meet Arthur's new friend. The kids don't seem to mind that she's a little grubby from not showering all week and they don't seem to think it's strange that she's always at the CC working. She enjoys talking to kids and teens, probably from missing her days as a teacher. She watched their rehearsal for awhile and then went to check on her house before heading to the Snow Park for the night.
Arthur doesn't seem to mind that Rolanda hasn't had a shower in a week!
Arthur doesn't seem to mind that Rolanda hasn't had a shower in a week!
Neither does Ariana!
Neither does Ariana!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Rolanda's Dilemma - Day 8

After spending part of the night at the Snow Park, Rolanda went to her home site and spent the rest of the night on her park bench. Turner has been busy catching mice and finding money that he hides in the bushes for her. She was surprised to see he's collected nearly $300 for her!
What a good little hunter!
What a good little hunter!
She went over to the CC fairly early to get a start, because she was going to take a break at lunch time and go to the park and see if the contractor Charlie recommended was there fishing, but when she got to the CC, she was surprised to find a stranger there and he turned out to be the contractor! Apparently, there was a small fire at one of his job sites last night and Charlie's crew responded. It wasn't a big fire, so once the situation was resolved, Charlie mentioned that Rolanda was going to be looking for him and that she was often at the CC, so the man took a chance and stopped by on his way to work.
Rolanda meets her new contractor (dig that crazy green suit!)
Rolanda meets her new contractor (dig that crazy green suit!)
He had driven by her house and saw that it was boarded up and that the roof is in very bad condition. He told her he could put a new roof on the house for $2,800 and he could also paint and repair the damage done by the old contractor for about $1,500. He will draw up a contract for her and he can even pop in to Town Hall to see if they can expedite her permit. He requires a deposit of $500, which Rolanda thought was good - not like the last guy that wanted 50% up front without even doing anything!

She went upstairs to make some more toys and was in a very good mood all day. She finished all of her orders from the craft show and then she went to the Snow Park to raid the fridge. Arthur and Ariana were there having a snowball fight and some of the townspeople were playing on the toboggans, so she decided to join in and have some fun for a few minutes. Then she went home and spent some time with Turner, then fell asleep on her park bench, hoping that soon she would be back in her house.
Rolanda stops to have a little fun, watching Arthur and Ariana's snowball fight.
Rolanda stops to have a little fun, watching Arthur and Ariana's snowball fight.
Hopefully, the next time she takes a nap, it will be in her bed!
Hopefully, the next time she takes a nap, it will be in her bed!
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Rolanda's Dilemma - Days 9 & 10 (Conclusion)

At last! Rolanda woke up to find all kinds of people working on her house. She was so happy! The sound of hammers and saws was music to her ears!
Wow!  What a big crew!!
Wow! What a big crew!!
Before she knew it, they had put torn off the old sheeting and tar paper, put together the trusses and gotten them up on the roof and then put up the new sheeting and tar paper. They worked very quickly and her house was all "dried in" by sunset. Her contractor had her permit in hand and the unsafe structures inspector came by around lunch time and told them it was OK to remove the Notices of Violation and allow Rolanda to go inside.
Rolanda celebrates with her Sim Eating plant (although he seems indifferent to her joy)
Rolanda celebrates with her Sim Eating plant (although he seems indifferent to her joy)
She spent all afternoon hauling out garbage and broken furniture to put on the curb for bulk pickup. She used her woodworking skills to repair her cabinets for her kitchen, borrowing one of the workbenches the carpenters had brought over. Hunter enjoyed chasing all of the bugs and mice that were hiding in the old pizza boxes. Rolanda swept and cleaned and cheered when the plumber was done hooking up her toilet and sink in her little bathroom. She made her bed with clean sheets and was ecstatic to get a good night's sleep in her own bed.

The next day, the carpenters and painters came and the roofing crew did all the shingling - what a difference! Her little cottage looks neat and clean in her little Sanctuary, surrounded by trees and flowers.
Before (yuk!)
Before (yuk!)
All done!
All done!
Her shower was hooked up and she got electricity back. She bought a new refrigerator and dumped the old one, because it made horrible noises when she plugged it back in.
Rolanda admires her "new" home!
Rolanda admires her "new" home!
The best surprise of all, was before they packed up all of their tools and workbenches, the carpenters made a wood working bench just for her to keep, so that she could make her toys whenever she wants to.
Rolanda admires her new workbench
Rolanda admires her new workbench
She plans to speak to the mayor about helping other Sim Town citizens who might find themselves either taken in by fraudulent bankers or unscrupulous contractors and be an advocate for the elderly, the homeless and veterans. She has an idea about seeing if any of the abandoned properties in town can be converted to a shelter with programs to help people find jobs, have volunteers help people figure out complicated paperwork, and get a hot meal and a warm bed in a safe place until they get on their feet again.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Sorry this is so late in being posted. I finished the challenge, and just need to post the remaining storyline. Love everyone's stories so far, and hope more people take the challenge and post their tales! :D

Hobo Mugsy, Day Eight, Decisions

Mugsy slept a little longer than normal on the snow park couch, but he still didn't sleep well. As people started to arrive for the day, he grabbed a couple of leftovers and headed back for the shed.
When he got there Rudy was nowhere to be seen, and Joe's car was leaving the lot. A sign had been posted on the property: "Coming Soon - Mansion of the Famous Teen Idol - Dec 2013"
Mugsy sees Joe's car and the new sign
Mugsy sees Joe's car and the new sign
Mugsy hurried inside the shed to see if his magazines and radio were still there, and they were. He counted his earnings so far: s6505. This did not include his latest consignment earnings at the community center he hadn't picked up yet. The prices of having a whole house built in this town was far more than Mugsy could earn in time to save his lot for himself. He considered taking his Simoleons and hopping on the next party boat for the next town. Maybe they would have lower prices and friendlier sims. Well, you couldn't get more friendly than King Nick though. He would pick up his earnings and then go see King Nick to say goodbye.

At the community center, there was a note for Mugsy left at the consignment desk with his money. It was written on the same page as Mugsy's note to Mint:
The Notes
The Notes
Mugsy was very happy that Mint wasn't dating Joe. He ran up the stairs and made one enchanted doll after another, with a handful of delightful (and weird) wooden pieces in between. At this rate, he could at least buy Mint a mood ring to tell her how much he cared for her. Since he wouldn't have a place to live much longer, he knew he still had to leave. At least he would feel more welcome to come visit her if she accepted his ring.

When he was done woodworking, he went back to the shed to get some rest. Mugsy wanted to stay there in case the construction crew showed up. He didn't want a confrontation with Joe, or anyone to know that he was living there. If they did come in the morning, he would grab his things and flee, taking special care of the magazines he bought from King Nick. This kept him awake for awhile. So he read Celebrity and Gossip until he fell asleep on the hard park bench. There was an interesting article in there about the royal family - one that made Mugsy wish even more that he could stay in town.
Interesting article on the Royal family
Interesting article on the Royal family
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hobo Mugsy, Day Nine: It's Who You Know

Early the next morning, Mugsy hoped to catch King Nick at the park. There were a group of teens there doing tai chi, led by Blaze Cappuccino!
Blaze teaching the teenagers some Tai Chi moves in the park
Blaze teaching the teenagers some Tai Chi moves in the park
Mugsy walked to the far side of the park so they wouldn't see him, and quickly found the King. As soon as Nick put his fish in his pocket, Mugsy spilled his whole story to him. The more Mugsy and King Nick talked about the caffeine gang turning to construction, the more the king licked his lips.
"All this talk about your old pals is making me want a fancy coffee," Nick replied. "There aren't any machines here in the park. I may have to go home. Come with me and meet the family."
Mugsy looked down at his rags and politely reclined. "Isn't there a coffee shop in town?"
"My boy, you are brilliant! You are going to build a coffee shop! And then you can run it and make me a cup of coffee every day on my way to the park. We'll put it up where Queenie-B wanted to build Princess' new place. It's the closest open lot to the park."
King Nick wants a fancy coffee... and a fancy coffee shop too
King Nick wants a fancy coffee... and a fancy coffee shop too
Mugsy was in shock. His plan to save his lot was headed in a downward spiral. "Sir, I only have s8200. I can't build a coffee shop for that. And I need a place to live. That's why I'm leaving town."
"Hmm. You're right! Make it for s10,000, and I'll let you live there too. Because you're my good friend, I'll give you until tomorrow at noon to get me the money. Otherwise I'm turning you over to the authorities for vagrancy. Must keep the wife happy. She's crazy, you know." He stared at Mugsy with a smirky grin. It was the same grin Prince Benjamin gave him last week. He cautiously bro-hugged the king, agreeing to the terms, and then hurried toward the park exit closest to the community center. As he was leaving, Mugsy saw King Nick flapping his arms and clucking like a chicken. Wow, Mugsy thought to himself, it's just like the article said - the king really IS chock full o'nuts!

Mugsy spent the remainder of the day at the community center, but struggled to build anything more than a few weird ornaments. In his excitement and haste, he bent more nails than made goods to sell. Exhausted he went to the snow park to eat, wash, and sleep. The idea that he would need a miracle by tomorrow noon kept him from deep sleep. The few Zzz's he could catch would have to do.

(Edited the last sentence in the next to last paragraph. Shout out to Hufflepuff Karen.):D
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

SIMazing wrote:Hobo Mugsy, Day Nine: It's Who You Know
SNIP
As he was leaving, Mugsy saw King Nick flapping his arms and clucking like a chicken. Wow, Mugsy thought to himself, it's just like the article said - the king really IS chock full o'nuts!
SNIP
(Edited the last sentence in the next to last paragraph. Shout out to Hufflepuff Karen.):D
LOL! Simazing, you're DEFINITELY Simazing! :lol: I hope Mugsy manages to make enough to keep crazy King Nick happy, so he can stay in town. Your town wouldn't be the same without him ;) We'll have to have our teens see if they can write some radio jingles to advertise Mugsy's coffee shop if he's successful with King Nick's plan, give them something useful to do!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

LOL! Thanks! :D
I'm almost ready to post the last part of the story. Just been very busy the past two weeks. But I'm hoping to get all the rest up by the end of the day. :)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hobo Mugsy, Days Ten and Thirteen: From Fears to Tears

In the morning, Mugsy didn't head straight back to the shed when he left the snow park. He figured his choices were either to give King Nick the s10,000 to open a coffee shop, or spend s8,050 on a mood ring for Mint, and use the remaining s2000 for travel. He went back to the community center to pick up his final consignment money and pay his last fees for materials. Upstairs was Mint and Joe, both working away. Joe was dressed nice, maybe too nice for carpentry, and even looked like he had put on some muscle since the old days. Mugsy remembered he was looking extra shabby in comparison. Embarrassed, he didn't come in any further. Mint saw him, smiled, and just kept working.
Mugsy sees Mint and Joe
Mugsy sees Mint and Joe
While Mugsy was glad that Joe and Mint weren't dating, he still wasn't sure that Joe didn't want revenge. He hurried back down the stairs just as Joe looked up. Joe called out to him, "Hey! I remember you!" and also came down the stairs. Mugsy considered running. "If it hadn't been for you, I would never have opened up a construction business." Joe was surprisingly nice to Mugsy's, which puzzled him. Joe continued, "While we were in jail, we realized that we all had other talents besides ghost hunting. Except Lightning, who couldn't hold his temper, and is still there. Blaze tried to teach him some calming techniques, like tai chi. I built him some wooden objects to occupy him, and Serene would make a soothing cup of tea to help him sleep. When we were released we each decided to start our own business. I became a constructor worker. Blaze became a tai chi instructor (he's here in this town, actually, We drove him here and proposed the mansion idea to the mayor.) And Serene is a franchise owner of a Coffee Mug & Tea Cup store. She is out making a proposal on an empty lot right now. My cousin Mint is teaching me about enchanted dolls. Crazy little things, aren't they? How about you? What have you been up to?"
Joe and Mugsy exchange stories and handshakes
Joe and Mugsy exchange stories and handshakes
Mugsy told him his whole story, from being the teenage snitch, to being on the run from town to town, to being a unique friend of town King. He spilled it all.

Joe was in shock, "None of us even knew you had said anything! You never had to be on the run all these years. To make it up to you, we'll build your coffee shop for you and teach you how to run it. With Blaze designing the inside, it will be the best hang out place in town!"

After their talk, Joe apologized again and shook Mugsy's hand over and over. That's when Mugsy noticed a note and package on the consignment desk for him.

"Hey Mugsy,
I bought up all your odd objects. You had better make some good coffee! Haha. And here is one of my old suits. You'll need it if you are going to run a business.
- Benji the Great.
"

Inside the box, he expected to see one of Prince Benjamin's old business suits. Instead there was an ice skater's suit. That family has issues, Mugsy thought, but I kind of like them.
After paying for his woodworking materials for the week, Mugsy had just enough to pay off the king for his shed and store. Mugsy jumped for joy and ran out the door, followed by Joe.

Mugsy gave the money to the king, and then the king handed it over to Joe to do the building. In three days, a half-way decent looking coffee shop was built. A little room was added to the back so that Mugsy had a place to live. He was so happy to have the new place, that he wept tears of joy and invited all the townsims to come and check it out (after showering in his new shower, of course). Many sims came by for the grand opening. This delighted Mugsy, though not as much as finding out that Mint was telling everyone that she was his girlfriend. More of a surprise was that the first sims to arrive were the royal family. Mayor Queen Brandy introduced Mugsy to Princess Monica, Famous Teen Idol, and offered for her to perform on her keyboard for the grand opening. They plugged in her keyboard behind the cashier's counter, and let her play all day.
Grand opening
Grand opening
Sims came and went and drank coffee and tea late into the night. After everyone went home, Mugsy lay down on his new bed, and got his first deep sleep in years.
Sweet dreams, Mugsy
Sweet dreams, Mugsy
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

Hooray for happy endings :)
Loved ready all the stories.
I hope to do this challenge in the new year. It has been too hectic in my sim town with all the teen idol craziness.
And they will be quiet busy during the holidays.
Just recently started developing the back story of my sims and their town and having much fun with that.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Just finished Mugsy's happy ending. Loved the story, and so glad he gets to stay in town.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.