Game crash with ghost hunting

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Wheelsbecky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Game crash with ghost hunting

Post by Wheelsbecky »

It just happened to me too!

My ghost hunting was working perfectly until yesterday. Today, my game crashes when i tap on my ghost hunter. After I reopen the game, all my Sims stop what they are doing. So all my progress is gone. I was almost finishing a 12h task and a 8h task, all related to challenges. I also had Sims working and they are back in the house - with their work clothes on!

I am submitting a bug report.
GC beckywheels
Lv 23 - started quite recently!
Haunted House #21 West Side
HFN will exist eventually.

Non-native English speaker, sorry for grammar mistakes
Wheelsbecky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Wheelsbecky »

Oh, i was thinking it happened because of my new weather machine - acquired it today so i made my haunted house be a place where it is always night and raining. You guys probably had the weather machine a long time ago? Might not be related.
GC beckywheels
Lv 23 - started quite recently!
Haunted House #21 West Side
HFN will exist eventually.

Non-native English speaker, sorry for grammar mistakes
HeatherABC
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by HeatherABC »

So I didn't even think about this and I sent one of my main sims to another town to do a ghost hunt quest and now he's stuck there because I can not finish without the game crashing. I can't save my game, I can't get him home, I can't get past this dang quest. My last save was 11 hours ago and I'll lose so much if I delete... at this point I may not even finish the Christmas quest. NOT HAPPY. :(
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

HeatherABC wrote:So I didn't even think about this and I sent one of my main sims to another town to do a ghost hunt quest and now he's stuck there because I can not finish without the game crashing. I can't save my game, I can't get him home, I can't get past this dang quest. My last save was 11 hours ago and I'll lose so much if I delete... at this point I may not even finish the Christmas quest. NOT HAPPY. :(
I don't know if you play on an android phone, but I had the same problems as you on my Samsung Galaxy S2. I did a factory reset on the phone, and since then, the problems I had previously, has not been present.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
Happy universe
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Happy universe »

For everybody who has crash problems.......try this....close all apps that are running in the back. Also close the Sims. Then restart your iPhone / iPad. This worked for me. But i have to close the apps that are running in the back every two ore three days, otherwise the game becomes to slow and is crashing. (Hope i didn,t make to much writing/ languages mistakes) :oops: )
GC name is happy universe
HFN is at firehouse rd nr1 & also Scandinaviën house nextdoor has everything:-)
Ghost hunting, house with black roof
Reindeer farm-west Ocean Road #2
Puppy hobby is in the gingerbreadhouse.(westside 20)
HeatherABC
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by HeatherABC »

I've tried the closing and re-booting of my iPad, but no dice. Ghost Hunting just crashes my game constantly. The only good thing about the crashes happening at a neighbors house was that all my on-going activities in my town didn't get reset like they did when it happened there.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Perturbee wrote somewhere that Facebook could have a bad effect on the devices function, and it would therefore be a good idea to uninstall Facebook.
I have uninstalled Facebook as program or app on all my devices, and I now no longer have the crashes and the hangs I have experienced before.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Happening to me for the past 2 hours.I'm about 2 hours into the last Christmas goal of the day so I'm not taking any more chances. Dave Richmond who is currently ghost hunting can carry on until Final goal is done and his wife Liz has returned from neighbours after playing football for 3 hours (she hates the game!). Will send a ticket to Firemonkeys and wait for issue to be resolved (sometime soon I hope). When goals are complete I'll sort out Dave and give up on ghost hunting for a while.
Lexi LuLu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Location: Simming on the dock of the bay, watching the sandy shore wash away...

Post by Lexi LuLu »

Ghost hunting has been crashing my game too.

My worst crash was at a neighbor's house, too. I couldn't retrieve my Sim from the other town. The game just kept freezing upon the emergence of the ghost, and couldn't fully load the active scene. There was nothing I could do to reach that Sim. Yikes!!

Finally, I just surrendered, and downloaded a save from The Cloud. Fortunately, I could still log onto the Party Boat to get my game back, but it did give me a scare. So for now, I won't be risking Ghost Hunting again either.
Last edited by Lexi LuLu on 23 Dec 2013, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
"Cue the funerary dirge; The Simpocalypse has begun."

HFN 1EOceanside
HH 2Diver's Way

(Alternate HH @21WestSide)
Pets ~The haunted restaurant @1MuseumBlvd has a wee bit of a feral cat problem.
Firrewhisper
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Firrewhisper »

Ghost hunting crashing stopped for me when I separated my hunters. 4 to one house and 5 to the other haunted house. I also toned down my tapping. :lol:

edit to say: I rarely do GhostHunting, I will let them hunt maybe for 2 rounds then it's off to reading/gardening for them, no time to mind the hunters and the flashing makes my head ache.