Resources?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Resources?

Post by Dilly »

When the Mountain Icon (Dirt Clod) floats up from a task, is that JUST a boost or does it also include a Resource?
I've noticed resources showing up on my tally, but never saw most them when completing my tasks, only the dirt clods.
I've been looking especially carefully too everytime a task finishes.
Just curious, Thanks!
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Resources?

Post by Bixas »

The resource is unrelated to the "Dirt clod" reward... that Dirt is just extra cash.

The resources that are unaccounted for, may have been earned by sims coming home from work or other tasks that got finished off screen.
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

Thanks Bixas!
I don't get notifications about work, so forgot about that option, that's gotta be it.
Think I'll be sending more Sims to work, it seems to bring in the resources, I'll see if i can track them too.
I have to admit, the Terra Boost is extremely profitable, it's a nice little surprise each time a task is done.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

I need to get pearls, but think I've only gotten one in days. And supposedly they are related to diving. Since I have two Sims diving at 4 minute intervals for hours on end, and don't get pearls, I think maybe that should be pearls are "NOT related to diving.) ;)
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

so far I've got almost all the resources from the febreze toilet, all that work and planting do not pay off, but the toilet does :roll: Lately it started to produce gold bars, now I have more than I need for that level but nothing else comes out, must be golden toilet :)
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Frankly I am extremely skeptical of Bryce's statement that the resources are related to the particular action. I have had all the resources showing up from spraying the Febreze toilet and the most of the resources found comes from that! So far I have upgraded the Springs of Fortune up to Level 4 (without using LPs) and I have never noticed a single pearl from diving. I have noticed them from dressmaking, watching cat videos, spraying toilet lol

I think the frequency of resources has increased in the last few days but they are definitely making one resource per monument super rare ie the pearls, magma embers, wind and granite/gold. Commonest ones are the pick axe, limestone, igneous rock, onyx.
Current tally for the monuments:
Tempest of bliss: onyx 14/7, bamboo 9/7, wind 0/7
Riches of terra: pickaxe 17/8, gold 1/8, granite 4/8
Springs of fortune: limestone 21/5, chisel 19/5, pearls 4/5
Flames of wisdom: igneous rock 23/6, bronze 13/6, magma embers 2/6

Keep on spraying that toilet! :D
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Firrewhisper
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Firrewhisper »

Yesterday a gold bar floated up from a patch of onions. I'm still missing pearls and I have had Sims diving and splashing for days. I think your right on about that misleading statement from FireMonkeys.
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

Is it spraying the toilet that works or using it?
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

mrs_smartt wrote:Is it spraying the toilet that works or using it?
Spraying! Because you can do it really fast. Try sitting there hitting spray as fast as you can for five minutes. You'll be amazed!
beapas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by beapas »

I seem to be getting lots of drops for one type of resource - Granite/Gold/Limestone for me, and practically nothing of another - pickaxes and pearls drop rarely for me!

Still the Febreze toilet is pretty good, especially at a neighbour who has a high level fire monument for added bonus! Thanks Perturbee!