"Weekly Task"

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Infinniti
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

"Weekly Task"

Post by Infinniti »

Since update they now list mystery box key quests as a weekly task. I just got one that said "add sim to town" what kind of deal is that? I don't have any sim slots available for two levels! :o That is poor design to make a quest that requires you to skip, delete a sim and remake, or be stuck for two levels. :(
HFN: WestSide #12 || HH: WestSide #20 or Diver's Way #1
New Neighbors Welcomed! (Mention SFP)
GC: Infinniti
Every occupied home has a singing fish!
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: "Weekly Task"

Post by EileenK98 »

You could try adopting a toddler, preteen, or teen. I think that works for adding a Sim to town.
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

EileenK98 wrote:You could try adopting a toddler, preteen, or teen. I think that works for adding a Sim to town.
They should not REQUIRE people to spend REAL money in order to complete a goal. Obviously, they don't want people to "hurry" through the game unless they spend real money. People either have to wait to level up to complete a key goal (and that could take months - it takes me about a month to go up a level and I play a LOT!) I've spent real money when it suited me because I had plans for my families and I wanted to adopt some extra kids, but they should not REQUIRE people to that to complete goals!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Infinniti
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Infinniti »

And spending money to adopt would delay my being able to get another sim for four levels wouldn't it?
Btw, I ended up deleting grandma and remaking her as she hadn't aged and had no hobbies (waiting aging and senior hobbies). Just need to remake the romance between the two. Really disappointed we didn't get a boost in total sims allowed. I might aged some of my current ones had we been allowed more sims. The total number of sims allowed is nowhere near as high as it should be. Is it even high enough to have one sim per house?
HFN: WestSide #12 || HH: WestSide #20 or Diver's Way #1
New Neighbors Welcomed! (Mention SFP)
GC: Infinniti
Every occupied home has a singing fish!
Thereexistsonex
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thereexistsonex »

Infinniti wrote:Since update they now list mystery box key quests as a weekly task. I just got one that said "add sim to town" what kind of deal is that? I don't have any sim slots available for two levels! :o That is poor design to make a quest that requires you to skip, delete a sim and remake, or be stuck for two levels. :(
I've skipped several quests so far, namely 'add a sim', 'divorce a sim' and 'have 4 sims employed as ------'. Doing any of those tasks would have cost me more than 5lp so I simply skipped them :twisted:
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I keep some unemployed adult sims handy for those "have 4 sims employed as..." goals. You can make them all athletes, say, then once the goal is completed, you have them quit their jobs and wait for the next occupation goal. As for house count/sim count, the current maximum number of sims is 32 and the current number of house plots available (standard, premium, and houseboat) is 31, so you can have one married couple and a bunch of adult or senior sims filling up your houses, but no kids, unless you do the baby glitch.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Infinniti wrote:Since update they now list mystery box key quests as a weekly task. I just got one that said "add sim to town" what kind of deal is that? I don't have any sim slots available for two levels! :o That is poor design to make a quest that requires you to skip, delete a sim and remake, or be stuck for two levels. :(
I honestly think it's exactly the design they intend... We must spend LP to skip it or buy Sims... It's their job to see that we spend money on this game. I'm not condoning it. In fact I'd rather pay a reasonable fee for the dang game.... But this is much more lucrative to work it like this. I'm just saying it's poor design from our viewpoint but brilliant design from the viewpoint of EA.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

I kept at least 1 Sim slot available in anticipation of this goal... else, I will just delete and recreate the Sim that's unemployed and without any strong relationships.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

katgames wrote:
I honestly think it's exactly the design they intend... We must spend LP to skip it or buy Sims... It's their job to see that we spend money on this game. I'm not condoning it. In fact I'd rather pay a reasonable fee for the dang game.... But this is much more lucrative to work it like this. I'm just saying it's poor design from our viewpoint but brilliant design from the viewpoint of EA.
I am willing to spend money on the game, but not in game currency. If they want me to spend money, they need to come up with nifty little items that I will happily shell out a few bucks to get. (Hint: A pool cleaner would be nice.) But, yeah, you're right, that's absolutely their plan.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

The "Add a new sim" goal has been around forever, so you pretty much have to skip with LP or keep a low level adult sim at the bottom of your tracker to delete and re-add as this pops up.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.