Town Value not increasing

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Town Value not increasing

Post by salsarush »

I read something about this issue somewhere else in this forum, but I cannot find it any longer - so I hope it's ok to start a new topic.
I am on lvl 32 and have a TV of about 8,4 mio. I have just built a new house (pro skater), but my TV did not increase at all.
Isn't it supposed to increase with every building? Is this a bug? Has anybody got this problem, too?
:cry:

Thank you!
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View
Thereexistsonex
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Town Value not increasing

Post by Thereexistsonex »

Has the construction been completed?
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by salsarush »

Thereexistsonex wrote:Has the construction been completed?
Yes!
Usually, when the construction is completed, you click on it and a window pops up which says that your tv has increased. This time it did not happen. I clicked on it and I was brought directly to the house :evil:
@Marta from Italy@
Thereexistsonex
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

salsarush wrote:
Yes!
Usually, when the construction is completed, you click on it and a window pops up which says that your tv has increased. This time it did not happen. I clicked on it and I was brought directly to the house :evil:
:| This is annoying, considering TV is one of the incentives for building a house. Ummm...if you have saved the game a while ago, maybe reloading will help?
Thereexistsonex
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

salsarush wrote:
Yes!
I don't know if this is the reason but just now this came to my mind. The window only pops up when your TV reaches a milestone, and then it gives you 3lp. If your TV hasn't increased substaintially, the window won't pop up but your TV will still increase.
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by salsarush »

Thereexistsonex wrote:
salsarush wrote:
Yes!
I don't know if this is the reason but just now this came to my mind. The window only pops up when your TV reaches a milestone, and then it gives you 3lp. If your TV hasn't increased substaintially, the window won't pop up but your TV will still increase.
Mmhh. I am quite sure that you get a notification anyway that your TV has increased... Or did I remember wrong? Usually it gives you the new TV and tells you when your next milestone will be. But maybe I do remember wrong. Since the increase due to the skater pro house is not that big (about 300.000), I really did not notice if it actually changed - but I am quite sure it did not.
:roll:
@Marta from Italy@
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

In my game, if I rush-finish a house with LP -- even if it's just one LP -- then there's zero increase in town value.

If the house completes on its own, then I see an increase in town value.
Amy J
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amy J »

It is a bug that TV sometimes does not increase after building a house. I've had this happen numerous times even when I haven't used LP to finish it early so my TV is millions less than it should be.

You could try submitting a ticket to Firemonkeys...although when I did this they took months to reply, then contacted me to say they were waiting for me to supply additional information. I wrote back asking what information they needed but they closed my ticket before ever getting back to me. Cheek! However, I still think it could be worth doing it because the more people who report the problem the more likely they will treat it as something that needs a fix.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

The best way is to save to cloud prior to completing the construction of the house... Anything wrong, download back...
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I've seen on other threads that if you have a sim visiting a neighbor when you finish and click on the house, it won't give you TV, but I can't personally confirm that.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.