Bird Feeding Hobby - Pros and Cons

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Amy J
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Bird Feeding Hobby - Pros and Cons

Post by Amy J »

I haven't got to this point in the hobby grid yet, but I feel bad at the thought of sending my senior sim to the snow park for 24 hours to sit in sub zero temperatures without even a coat or a pair of boots! It would be nice if some winter clothes had been added to the senior's wardrobe - little touches like that make all the difference to the game. I like the bird feeding in the park, where there can be other sims fishing or feeding the ducks nearby, but the other locations feel a bit lonely (I don't really use the swimming pool or community centre as my sims do their hobbies at home). It's a shame the bird feeding times are so long - plus the bingo hall being 24 hours too - it feels a bit like all the senior specific activities are designed to keep them out of the way for as long as possible :(
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

If I understand it correctly to leveling up percantage would be the same or even less then for other hobbies which much shorter time option. And it would make no difference if you dot eh 4h or 24 h feeding. With this Long time the levelling up percentage should be much higher. We would need months to get someone to the highest level.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Lenny wrote:If I understand it correctly to leveling up percantage would be the same or even less then for other hobbies which much shorter time option. And it would make no difference if you dot eh 4h or 24 h feeding. With this Long time the levelling up percentage should be much higher. We would need months to get someone to the highest level.
Well that's discouraging. I wish they would have made at least an hour option in there. I guess this one will take a while... disappointing.
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Can someone confirm if you can use the stairs glitch for bird feeding at the community center? I haven't gotten that far yet.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

animagif wrote:Can someone confirm if you can use the stairs glitch for bird feeding at the community center? I haven't gotten that far yet.
I tried using the stair glitch for the bird feeding hobby at the Community Centre and it doesn't work. My senior Sim's task bar remained at 12 hrs down the stairs. And in the spirit of this thread, the 12 hrs it takes to complete the hobby at the Community Centre is a con. My Sim did the hobby twice and in that 24 hr period he found one bird, twice, the golden dove. One bird, after bird feeding for one full day, the grid is empty except for one bird. Well, I guess for me this hobby will be going the same way as fishing. My Sims will not be participating.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

animagif wrote:Can someone confirm if you can use the stairs glitch for bird feeding at the community center? I haven't gotten that far yet.
Sorry it took me so long to try this. I have the same results as SeekerDraconis - not that I thought it would be different. :cry:

Madame Eden was upstairs at the Community Center, and I tried three times as she came down the stairs: 12 LP offered each time; no stairs glitch. And absolutely, she could spend 12 hours there three or four times and never get a new bird. She has done that. I don't know why she is trying; apparently Madame Eden is a persistent soul, as well as being very hardy. Nights at the Community Center have been rather chilly. She would justifiably be getting depressed as well as hypothermic. I think she needs a purple bathing suit to wear while gardening [reference to Noodles in the Senior thread, I think], and she needs to leave the bird hobby for the birds!

FM, who thought this up, and why? It's just plain weird. Nice job on Christmas, though. :ugeek:
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

I sort of cringe/laugh when they sit down all oblivious on those filthy benches :( Wish I could lay down some newspaper or something. Not sure if that's a pro or con, because I am amused, but I feel kinda bad. Anyway, this hobby seems like a good way to a get a bird flu pandemic blazing in the 'hood.
Misteriese
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Misteriese »

Amy J wrote:I haven't got to this point in the hobby grid yet, but I feel bad at the thought of sending my senior sim to the snow park for 24 hours to sit in sub zero temperatures without even a coat or a pair of boots! It would be nice if some winter clothes had been added to the senior's wardrobe - little touches like that make all the difference to the game. I like the bird feeding in the park, where there can be other sims fishing or feeding the ducks nearby, but the other locations feel a bit lonely (I don't really use the swimming pool or community centre as my sims do their hobbies at home). It's a shame the bird feeding times are so long - plus the bingo hall being 24 hours too - it feels a bit like all the senior specific activities are designed to keep them out of the way for as long as possible :(
Haven't unlocked the hobby yet - not too much LP on stash - but this is the second biggest con there. Why the snow park? Seniors should not be in the cold. :(

The biggest con for me would be the looking hours needed to do the hobby. Is is just me? :|

But the birds are totally AWESOME!!!! Sims don't have one but the preview trailer got me hooked. PIRATE PARROT!!!! :D
,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,
`'¹li¡|¡|¡il¹´

A Sim world awaits!
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Misteriese wrote: Haven't unlocked the hobby yet - not too much LP on stash - but this is the second biggest con there. Why the snow park? Seniors should not be in the cold. :(

The biggest con for me would be the looking hours needed to do the hobby. Is is just me? :|

But the birds are totally AWESOME!!!! Sims don't have one but the preview trailer got me hooked. PIRATE PARROT!!!! :D
The parrots are awesome!! :D The hobby not so much.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island