Argh! Where is the birthday cake?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Argh! Where is the birthday cake?

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Lee finished baking, I saw the cake and got XP for him. But I can't find the cake?!?! Is it just "there somewhere" when I tell the game I want my baby to grow up? I saved the game, but I don't know where the cake is - is it supposed to be in inventory? Or did I lose it and need to start all over again? :(
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Argh! Where is the birthday cake?

Post by Rosie_58 »

Click on the stove and see if there is a x1 free at the birthday cake. Hope this helps :)
Niney
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Niney »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Lee finished baking, I saw the cake and got XP for him. But I can't find the cake?!?! Is it just "there somewhere" when I tell the game I want my baby to grow up? I saved the game, but I don't know where the cake is - is it supposed to be in inventory? Or did I lose it and need to start all over again? :(
Yes it is just there somewhere. I wish you could use it as a deco to have a party.
GC ID: <Niney>
Facebook: Caroline.ross.161
HFN-3 West Oceanside
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Don't forget to save to the cloud after using the cake.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

No free cake at the stove. It just comes up as if I want to bake it again. I didn't bake it in the baby's house, it was at the house next door where her day's friend lives. He volunteered because it doesn't matter if he misses work. Does the cake have to be baked on the stove othe baby's house? I saw other people baked cakes ahead of time so they had them when they needed them. Was I not supposed to hibernate the baby or do one of the parents have to bake it?
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:No free cake at the stove. It just comes up as if I want to bake it again. I didn't bake it in the baby's house, it was at the house next door where her day's friend lives. He volunteered because it doesn't matter if he misses work. Does the cake have to be baked on the stove othe baby's house? I saw other people baked cakes ahead of time so they had them when they needed them. Was I not supposed to hibernate the baby or do one of the parents have to bake it?
I don't know if it matters , but if the parents are too busy for baking I have a friend come to their house to bake. If you are ready to have a toddler, click on have birthday option on the baby. If you still have a baby instead of a toddler, you'll have to bake again.
espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by espressonist »

I've never made it in a different house, but it does just end up being remembered by the game when you age your baby!
Game Center: Espressonist

Just started my game over- be patient with my tiny town!
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Well, now that the moves went ok, I sent Charlie to work and then sent Oliver over to their house now that he's just across the street and he's going to bake at their house. Last time I did it at Lee 's house, don't know if it's somewhere in the system or not. When I decide to grow Molly up I'll see if there are 2 cakes, I guess. If there are, at least I'll be ahead by one for the next time. So Oliver will miss work tomorrow but I have 9 Sims growing beans overnight, 5 are at work, Oliver is baking and Baby Molly and Katie are sleeping, so we'll see how everybody is in the morning. I saved 4 times tonight! Before each move, after each move and again when everybody was settled into their normal routines for the night. Obsessive saving is the only way I can sleep without worrying about them over night. :lol:
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Sounds like you have it worked out but my two cents is it would need to be baked in the house Molly is attached to... Doesn't matter who bakes it. You prolly have a free cake at the old house.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Sloojgud
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sloojgud »

I've had a non-parent sim bake a birthday cake at another house, and it worked alright.
GC: HKGIRLIE
Level 38
TV 9+ million
New neighbours welcome