Problem with skating and woodwork set completion

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
twinmum
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Problem with skating and woodwork set completion

Post by twinmum »

I have completed these sets countless time before, been stuck on this round for weeks now. I keep getting so frustrated i stop playing for a few days then try again. On both of them my sims just are not coming up with the third box on the first row. I have tried making one of the sims 'forget' the hobby and start fresh and it has not helped. I need to keep one sim at L6 to be able to craft all of the items to keep re-collecting the sets quickly right? .... Well i say quickly ..... Lol
Rosewood Debi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Problem with skating and woodwork set completion

Post by Rosewood Debi »

My daughter and I were talking about this last night! I can complete a woodworking set a couple of times a day and just pick my game up a few times during each day. It can take me many days to do a figure skating card. I've counted over 5 days at times to get the last medal. It's almost a waste of time hobby for me and I even built a nice snow park for my Sims! My daughter has the opposite problem. She gets most of her LP from skating. You always need to keep one Sim at the highest level of course to be able to get all the grids full, but I switch other Sims around all the time because they earn LP and town value just leveling up again! It's very random whether the grid fills easily or not and very different for every player it seems! Skating is frustrating for me,but nothing I have done has helped fill the card more quickly!
GC: DBJ1088
travneva
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by travneva »

I can usually repeat the woodworking and skating hobbies collections every night, but yeah there does always seem to be that one collection item that is difficult to get. I'm having trouble repeating the fishing collection. Been at it for two days and still have the first and third rows empty. Seems like 90% of the time I catch the breaking bad fishes.
Started December 2013
Level 54----16 Sims----TV 28.72 million
HFN 22 West Side
HH 1 East Side
Firepole, singing salmon, and 3* instruments @ Teen Idol Mansion
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

I hate skating, I have two skaters at 100% skating simultaneously and they just do not ever find new medals. ive been trying to get the last medal for days now and its not popping up. ive completed the grid only a few times.

I also like to have 5 sims doing fashion design and 5 doing woodworking but this weird thing keeps happening where all 5 sims will make the same item at the same time. What's the point of having so many doing fashion design to get 5 striped shirts at the same time over and over -_-

wood working has been the best as far as filling the grid quickly but its really not that quick. :\ ill be lucky to fill the grid once in an hour with 5 sims doing 4 minute intervals. I don't get it.

eta: I will never fish ever again either. What a nightmare! I almost exclusively just get the breaking bad fish too :lol:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I have also found that there is a problem with figure skating and also ghost hunting. Because of the baby glitch, I have 10 sims ghost hunting and about 14 doing figure skating. Generally this works very well in getting XP's and LP's but I find that at some point I am stuck on getting the last medal or ghost. The only way around it is to spend 3 LP's on a lucky spin that almost always unlocks the last goal. After that the game is fine (for a while). Annoying though and a waste of LP's.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

I am having the same problem with fishing! :evil: I don't normally do fishing but I am trying to collect LP for the up coming quilting quests, so I currently have my Sims doing all the hobbies. But I can't complete the fishing grid. My master fishersim has been trying to catch that last fish for the past five days and nothing. And I am doing the 4 min option. And this isn't the old problem with fishing where your sim kept catching the same fish over and over again. My fishersim has caught every single fish, several times, except that final fish that he needs to complete the grid.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

twinmum wrote:-snip- I need to keep one sim at L6 to be able to craft all of the items to keep re-collecting the sets quickly right? .... Well i say quickly ..... Lol
No, you don't. Once you have unlocked all the items on the grid they stay unlocked even if all your sims would start the hobby from level 1. But it still can be wise to keep one sim at maximum level for each hobby just in case a special hobby related quest pops up, just like the fishing one in January. That way you don't need to level up a sim first.

I just had a bad run with 2 hobbies at once. With skating, I don't even know how long it took to finally get the last medal.
And the same happened at the same time with woodworking. It took much longer then usual to fill the grid.
Very annoying especially now the woodworking hobby doesn't pay out as well as before. It makes it feel pretty useless when you doing an hour of it and gain nothing.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Fishing is the one that is broken for me. I don't even know how long it has been since I last finished a card. It is always the mutant fish I catch. Skating and diving are working the best for me now.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

telemwill wrote:Fishing is the one that is broken for me. I don't even know how long it has been since I last finished a card. It is always the mutant fish I catch. Skating and diving are working the best for me now.
I wish I was a high enough level to build the community center so I could try some of these hobbies! I was just given advice to do the fashion designing to get points. I've been spending all my time gardening! Ooops! :lol:

I really want to be able to do the skating and woodworking, etc.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

mommacude wrote:I wish I was a high enough level to build the community center so I could try some of these hobbies! I was just given advice to do the fashion designing to get points. I've been spending all my time gardening! Ooops! :lol:

I really want to be able to do the skating and woodworking, etc.
I'm currently in the middle of the weather machine quest, so haven't unlocked the snow park yet, but I managed to get one sim to level 6 figure skating by having her practice at a neighbour's rink. It was hard slogging, though, haha.

And I just recently built the community centre, but before that I did the same thing - sent a sim to practice woodworking in a neighbour's town. In retrospect I should've built the community centre sooner ... before they slashed the woodworking rewards. Boo.
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road