New Update that's coming Kills off our Sims--OH NO

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
PaQuilter
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

New Update that's coming Kills off our Sims--OH NO

Post by PaQuilter »

Why - oh why - **sobbing hysterically** why do they keep torturing us. Why don't they just give us what we ask for...more lots, more decorating items, more clothes and hair styles. **{Shaking my head}** I really think they hate us. They must be building the app for themselves, because it definitely isn't something I've seen us ask for. I'm attached to my Sims and don't want them to die. HELLO Ea, the app is suppose to be an ESCAPE from reality. If they want us all to quit playing just tell us. I have one question: do any of them listen to us and our suggestions? Most of us play this game for the building and decorating but instead they keep trying to give us stuff we don't want. I wonder whose brilliant idea this was. Here's the link to the announcement video on Facebook. I'm so bummed out. I hope enough people complain and they change their mind.:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9311564376
“Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.”
House #24 - Left of Volcano - House for Neighbors
House #27 - Right of Volcano - Haunted House
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: New Update that's coming Kills off our Sims--OH NO

Post by Delphine »

You can continue the discussion on the dedicated thread over there :) : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1404
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

I'm holding my judgement until I see what this update is all about.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
lyseebell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lyseebell »

I'd you would pay attention to what the firemonkeys are saying, they have said that THERE ARE WAYS TO STOP THEM!!
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

I don't understand why everyone is complaining. You don't have to kill your Sim. However, if YOU chose not to make that sacrifice, then YOU chose not to reap the benefits. They said they want to make this positive. We all have to die some day. You can stop or pause the aging. They also said the aging Sim must be ACTIVELY working towards the life dream. Also, if you notice, there is the option to chose "no personality."
If you do age a Sim it only cost 10 LPS to not die. If you chose to have a Sim age their orb gets stronger, i.e. earn an extra 6.50% XP for doing things that are related to their personality, and it continues to get stronger and can be passed down.
Is there anything Firemonkeys can do that will please everyone, no. Maybe Second Life is a better option for those that seem to hate Freeplay. Just sayin.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Death is natural. It's a part of life. No one can argue with that.

Where this update is at fault is in using death in the game as a form of currency. I read on facebook someone innocently asking 'How many deaths does it take to unlock the beach?' (Paraphrasing. My memory is not that good.) She wasn't complaining or making a point; she was asking the simple question 'What's the cost?'

I know sims ain't real. We're in the imaginary here. But there's something wrong with an update that makes that innocent question possible.

Sorry to go all ethical. I'm not even religious. But something is wrong here?

And now [Newsflash!!] I'm going to stop banging on about it.
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

I think one issue is the abnormal attachments people have to this GAME. Notice I said abnormal. If your life is so bad that you are OVERreacting to this, that suggests to me that this is probably your only outlet and that is not good. If you use Freeplay as fun and ONE way to escape, fine. But if you're spending huge amounts of time and are having extreme reactions, something isn't right. Just my opinion. Maybe this cycle of life and death can help people who are in the grieving process. One life ends and another begins with the legacy of the one who has passed.
Last edited by hipmomx2 on 08 Mar 2014, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Sorry, mate, that's rude. This game is not my only outlet in life. Nor is it likely to be the only outlet for anyone.
hipmomx2
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by hipmomx2 »

SimMutt wrote:Sorry, mate, that's rude. This game is not my only outlet in life. Nor is it likely to be the only outlet for anyone.
I don't mean to offend you but imo some of the reactions I've seen are a bit extreme.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

OK, thanks for explaining hipmom.

What I would say is that the game has purposely encouraged players to build up attachments to sims for two years. Our interactions with the game are to feed our sims, clothe them, put roofs over their heads; give 'em kids, pets, bad haircuts, green sparkles etc. Hitherto, the most negative thing you could do to your sim was on the level of a false handshake.

Now we're killing 'em off so we can get to the beach. It's a bizarre U-turn. :shock: