Problem with skating and woodwork set completion

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Problem with skating and woodwork set completion

Post by mommacude »

Oh thanks. I thought I had to unlock it at home first. Maybe my sim was just cranky. I touched on a bench and she wouldn't do it.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

How many skaters should I be able to have at the skating rink? Every time I try to touch the side to add a third one, it just brings up the status of the other two.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

You have to tap away at that ice. Often takes me four or five goes to get a third sim to skate. Try a double tap. Impatience works :mrgreen:
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

SimMutt wrote:You have to tap away at that ice. Often takes me four or five goes to get a third sim to skate. Try a double tap. Impatience works :mrgreen:
OK thanks. I did it once then couldn't do it again. I'll try it again. I had decided plan B was to freeze a pool. I'm trying to unlock snowboarding.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

When you look at the ice ring you have two blue lines (vertically) . The lines divide the ring in three parts. On the right, you have the actions relatéd to the hockey. In the middle, you allow two skaters to practice their hobby and on the left, you have two more rooms for skaters. This means that if you already have two skaters in the middle part, you néed to touch the LEFT side of the ice ring.
I hope this explanations will help :)
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Mine are all working okay except fishing. I've been trying to catch that stupid boot for weeks!
Updated town info in profile
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

That helps a lot Thank you! I've caught the boot a million times but not some of the others.
TheAmazingRevo
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TheAmazingRevo »

I see this was posted back in 2014, but it’s the problem I’m having. I’ve had two of my sims skating for alsmsot a month now and I cannot get the last metal so I can open the ski lift. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or I missed something somewhere but It’s getting very frustrating. Thank you!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

There used to be 4 options for skating (sort of like diving or fashion design). Then getting the medals was quicker because of shorter options. Some time ago, skating changed to only a 12 hour option, which made completing the grid much more time consuming. But it is possible. To you have more than one sum working at it? If not, you could do More. Adults, teens and preteens all can skate.