waah! my game has gone back in time

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Sillymoo54
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

waah! my game has gone back in time

Post by Sillymoo54 »

:(
Has this happened to anyone else?

My game appears to have gone back in time about 2 weeks, I've been working on the first two monuments and built the house boat.

I've gone on today and first noticed I've lost some SP and loads of SIM money, when I went to my island noticed I'd lost a fair amount of pick axes and the 2nd monument is no longer accessible, my task list has got the volcano option back and its at read the big book.

Makes me feel like what's the point, a bit fed up if I'm telling the truth :(
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: waah! my game has gone back in time

Post by mrs_smartt »

It might be using a different cloud server. Perturbee found that one out before. If you use both Game Center and Facebook, there is a chance that one is further ahead than the other. Facebook seems to be the more reliable one to use as it saves more often than Game Center. Talk to Perturbee on this as she would know how to fix it... I hope.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Are you using Facebook or Game Centre to save your game or both?
Any idea when you last manually saved your game?
When was the last time you loaded your party boat or went visiting you neighbours?
Did you go visiting after you noticed your game losing two weeks?
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Sillymoo54
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sillymoo54 »

I use face book only. I used the exit button and it said game would be saved. I stopped visiting neighbours weeks ago as it kept making my game crash. The fire monument seems to have reset itself to not being in use, but I still get some xp boosts but no resources!

Ah I dunno! Pan!
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Sillymoo54 wrote:I use face book only. I used the exit button and it said game would be saved. I stopped visiting neighbours weeks ago as it kept making my game crash. The fire monument seems to have reset itself to not being in use, but I still get some xp boosts but no resources!

Ah I dunno! Pan!
Very strange that the fire monument reset but you still get xp boosts. Since you have not manually saved your game, I would hesitate to suggest you reset your game with your cloud save as we have no idea how old it is. I guess you could try submitting a bug request at the support site.

https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/categor ... s-FreePlay

Sorry I could not be of help. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Palmjill wrote:Since you have not manually saved your game, I would hesitate to suggest you reset your game with your cloud save as we have no idea how old it is.
I have an idéa (just an idéa, maybe not a solution ...). You can try to reset your game with your cloud save but ON AN OTHER DEVICE in case it is really too old. I've done it once when i had a bug. I usually play on iPad and i checked my save with an iPod to make sure it is a good save without loosing the iPad save.
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Delphine wrote:
Palmjill wrote:Since you have not manually saved your game, I would hesitate to suggest you reset your game with your cloud save as we have no idea how old it is.
I have an idéa (just an idéa, maybe not a solution ...). You can try to reset your game with your cloud save but ON AN OTHER DEVICE in case it is really too old. I've done it once when i had a bug. I usually play on iPad and i checked my save with an iPod to make sure it is a good save without loosing the iPad save.
Great idea Delphine, if you have another device to try it on. I suddenly remembered another way is to click on the three dots at the bottom and then the cloud to check on the cloud save details. It should tell you when the last save was.
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

If you don't have any other deviçe, you can use anybody else's, just to make a try. I'm sure you have a friend who wouldn't mind letting you join your Facebook session for a few minutes on his pad or phone :) .
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Nandireya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nandireya »

Mine will skip back in time every now and then...but it's usually only for a couple of goals, not a couple of weeks...
Sillymoo54
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sillymoo54 »

Thanks guys, I will see if I can get it on my phone, I hadn't thought of trying that.