Mis-matchmaking

Are your Sims involved in an intriguing tale?
Do you like to post about who did what with who?
This is the place for YOUR stories!
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Mis-matchmaking

Post by EileenK98 »

You ever try to get someone to do something, only to find that they end up doing the exact opposite of what you intended?
Just me, huh?
Okay, this is what happened: we got a bunch of new neighbors recently, and two of them were men, and two were women. (There was also a family with two kids, and an older couple.) My husband introduced me to them individually, and they all seemed nice.
It wasn't until later that evening that I started thinking about the way this neighborhood used to be. It was all couples, when we were kids. Couples and families. We should have couples again. Why not try a little matchmaking? Phillip and Barbara seemed like a good match. So did Kathy and Rick. Susan and Michael were practically the same person! It was perfect!
"What's up with that look?" Will asked me, as I came to bed.
"What look?"
"Your scheming look."
"I'm not scheming!"
"Plotting?"
"You make me sound like an evil overlord!"
"If you quote from the list," he said, referring to the famous Evil Overlord list of Things Not to Do, "I will smash you in the butt with a pillow!"
"Can't take the geekiness, can you?"
"It gets a bit much, sometimes."
"All right. I'll tell you what's up. I've been thinking . . ."
"Good thinking, I hope."
"What if we got our new friends together?"
"Like, a party?"
"Like, couples."
He pushed himself up on his elbow and glared at me. "Nadine, you know what happens when you try to bend mortals to your almighty will. It never works."
"I'm not bending them to my will! I just want to see couples and families again! Come on, invite them over and let's just give 'em a nudge."
"People aren't action figures. You can't make them do what you want."
"I'm not making them. I'm just . . . giving them a push in the right direction."
He sighed and flopped back onto the bed. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?"
"I love it when you quote."
"I'm not quoting. I think this whole plan is going to blow up in your face. These are nice people; let's not end the day with them not speaking to us."
"It won't be like that! I know what I'm doing! Trust me."
You know what they say about famous last words . . .

More to come soon!
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Mis-matchmaking

Post by EileenK98 »

Sunday afternoon, we had a big neighborhood get-together, so all the new people could meet each other and hopefully hit it off.
I circulated among the guests, trying to nudge them in the direction of someone I thought would be perfect for them. "Phil, have you met Barbara? She's a former Junior Champion figure skater. Michael, this is Susan; she collect Dr. Whosis memorabilia. Kathy! Kathy, come meet Rick, he was an extra in an episode of Ms. Vampire Slayer! Does anyone need another drink?"
I thought it was going well. Barb and Phil were sitting by the pool chatting; Mike and Sue were upstairs looking at something on the computer; Kathy and Rick were in the kitchen. I smiled knowingly and went to talk to my best friend Jane.
Two hours later, Phil went home with Susan! Michael and Jane were making plans for coffee, and Rick and Barbara were making out in Perry's doghouse! Everything was going wrong, and I didn't know how to fix it!
Will had a big grin on his face. "Told you so," was all he said.
New town, new Sims!

EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

Should I finish this? Is anyone still reading?
New town, new Sims!

Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

Yes please!
Game Centre Name: neildf
Rutha1234
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Rutha1234 »

Yes please -I am!
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Yes please.
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

Sorry for the delay. I've been caught up in Camp NaNoWriMo, but I promise I will finish this. I just don't know when yet! Thanks for reading!
New town, new Sims!

eeniemeany
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by eeniemeany »

Still waiting for the story!! *giggles*