My PMs won't send

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
mockingbird288z

My PMs won't send

Post by mockingbird288z »

This happens on and off but I haven't been able to send a private message for awhile now. I can type one out and tap the send button but then the message just sits in the outbox and never sends. I hate that someone would think I don't care to reply to a pm!

Just to show, I sent this at 5:10pm my time and it is now after 10pm my time and the message is just there in the outbox it has not sent yet. I had one in the outbox for more than a day once before I deleted it. Is this normal?
image.jpg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: My PMs won't send

Post by bloodcool »

mockingbird, I just tried to send a test PM to you and it is also in the outbox.
mockingbird288z

bloodcool wrote:mockingbird, I just tried to send a test PM to you and it is also in the outbox.
I got your pm, is it still showing as in your outbox?

Edit: I sent a test reply
mockingbird288z

Okay, so my test reply to bloodcool sent but the original message is still in my outbox.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mockingbird288z wrote:
bloodcool wrote:mockingbird, I just tried to send a test PM to you and it is also in the outbox.
I got your pm, is it still showing as in your outbox?

Edit: I sent a test reply
got ur reply... and its out of the outbox...
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote:Okay, so my test reply to bloodcool sent but the original message is still in my outbox.
Since the PMs with bloodcool (Thanks for helping!) sent I tried to send another message to this person and 12 minutes later it is still in the outbox along with the original message I sent nearly 6 hours ago. The longest it took for a message to send to bloodcool was 4 minutes. I can see a message taking a bit to send but I don't think it should take 6 hours.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mockingbird288z wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Okay, so my test reply to bloodcool sent but the original message is still in my outbox.
Since the PMs with bloodcool (Thanks for helping!) sent I tried to send another message to this person and 12 minutes later it is still in the outbox along with the original message I sent nearly 6 hours ago. The longest it took for a message to send to bloodcool was 4 minutes. I can see a message taking a bit to send but I don't think it should take 6 hours.
Probably the person has not update to Witches and Wizards, that's why it was not able to send... :mrgreen:
mockingbird288z

bloodcool wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Probably the person has not update to Witches and Wizards, that's why it was not able to send... :mrgreen:
But that wouldn't have any affect on the forum...
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

As far as I understand the outbox, a pm remains in that folder until the other member opens it. After opening, the pm moves to the sent folder.

Another reason could have been a full sent folder. Obviously not your problem, as the pm moved to the sent folder, after bloodcool opened your pm.
I don't know, how the forum reacts on your side, if the inbox of the pm receiver is full. The other day I couldn't open a pm, because of my full inbox. There was a message at the top of my forums mailbox. It took a moment to remove some pm's; thereafter I could open the pm.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

I used to have problems with MPs too. It happens to me that I've been unable to send any messages to some people. It's been a while since I've had this bug (but I must confess that I don't use the PM a lot)
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)