[Tips] For new SFP players

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Wattt
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [Tips] For new SFP players

Post by Wattt »

Thank you for this forum. I was a bit muddled at the start but now I am getting more Confident at playing and understanding the Sims Freeplay. The tips helped and thanks again.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I told my kids I enjoy the forum as much as the game :D
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
BobMaster
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by BobMaster »

This guide looked very useful at first, but I finally started today and reached the part where it asks me to add a 3rd sim.

My first 2 sims are best friends, I have been chest bumping from lvl 5 to lvl 6 so I could unlock the 'Love is in the air' quest, yet no quest is showing up and still no option to move in either.
Did EA screw this up, or did I do something wrong ?
I don't mind starting over again if I did :p

[EDIT]:
After some more googling(took a while :p), I found this in some message board from 23rd Feb 2014:
This option will only become available after you have completed all tasks up to getting a fourth Sim, buying a 2star stereo, and having all four Sims dance together. After you do this (it's very easy just keep working through the tasks one by one) you will be asked to build another business in the town map.

I'm still testing some things, but it looks as though I will need to build 2 more cheap houses before I can use that trick.
deyrsims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by deyrsims »

bloodcool wrote:The next house that you should build to be worth for the least amount of Simoleons is the Mansion
(Actually it should be the 2-storey mansion/Teen Idol Mansion, but the costs is too high to attain with 2 Sims plus you need to reach certain levels or complete some quests before it becomes available)"
Somehow several people wrote this on new players guide and i don't get it. Really a big jump from level 5 to higher lever in which you need to have hundreds of thousands simeleons to purchase a mansion.

So I have to figure out this (after several resets) to have fun with the game and do the task quickly.
1. During tutorial, I build a biggest room as possible behind the bedroom.
2. After finishing the tutorial, I immediately sent those two sims to work.
3. I add two more sims on EMPTY lot (that way I can save 1000 simeleons).
4. Call those two unemployed sims to the first house. There, I play the quest, use the toilet, bath, cooking, sleeping etc.
5. I keep adding the furniture as requested by the quest only to the first house.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

It's important to remember that with every update this game changes (sometimes a little, sometimes in a major way) and that the original post is over a year old.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
deyrsims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by deyrsims »

Ah I see. Thanks for pointing that out.
RENZponsible
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by RENZponsible »

A tip for new players:

This tip is for an easy way to farm simoleons. All you have to do is finish the quest for the free Teen Idol Mansion, then build it. After you've built it, sell the pool (you can also sell the rooms so you can redesign the lot.

After you sell the pool, you will get atleast 4Million simoleons. You can use that to buy another teen idol mansion, and repeat the steps. Just by doing that, you can get a lot of simoleons for building and buying furnitures. So all you have to bother is how you will earn LPs and SPs....and life orbs!(after you've finished the quest for that too.)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

RENZponsible wrote:A tip for new players:

This tip is for an easy way to farm simoleons. All you have to do is finish the quest for the free Teen Idol Mansion, then build it. After you've built it, sell the pool (you can also sell the rooms so you can redesign the lot.

After you sell the pool, you will get atleast 4Million simoleons. You can use that to buy another teen idol mansion, and repeat the steps. Just by doing that, you can get a lot of simoleons for building and buying furnitures. So all you have to bother is how you will earn LPs and SPs....and life orbs!(after you've finished the quest for that too.)
This doesn't really help "new" players, though, as that unlocks at level 20 and I wouldn't really consider anyone at that level "new".
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

mockingbird288z wrote:It's important to remember that with every update this game changes (sometimes a little, sometimes in a major way) and that the original post is over a year old.
Thanks for helping to reply...

Yes, the game play has changed so much, especially with the queued quests that I find it very hard to keep updating. Since I would need to always get onto my tablet to make a reset in order to start afresh just so to be able to figure out the most optimum and balance way of playing, but with my real life commitments, i'm not able to do so... :(
TheTrekhippy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TheTrekhippy »

My touch screen does not work and I cannot rotate the screen. How can I skip the initial Tutorial?