[DISCOVERY QUEST] Nanny Knows Best

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

Re: [QUEST] Nanny Knows Best

Post by ErinPW »

Dellie wrote:
Microdot wrote:
DelDel wrote:No fair! The goal "clean infant's mess"...what mess?!

I had to kick the trash can over just to "make" a mess, just so I could "clean up" the mess that I just made! :roll:
I discovered after kicking the bin at my baby's location that the trash can at my starter house was kicked over. There's obviously a bug here.
I did the quest at a boat house - no trash can!

Fortunately, the quest allowed me to kick over a bin at a house and then gave me the option to clean the mess.

I was worried for a bit there!
In my game the trash can kicked over itself :o There was no need to have a sim doing it.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

I got the exclamation point hover over my island lot trash can...but my mommy couldn't even kick it over! So came here to see if others were experiencing the same thing...and we end up getting different experiences. Will check starter house now...

Edit: when toggling back into the game, it finally allowed me to kick it, but seeing how it was the infant's mess, what a bug.
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

AmyCat wrote:Is there any Quest/Challenge in the new Update which is time-limited for when you can START the Quest (as in: if you don't do it by August ## it goes away, like the Christmas Quests which must be finished by New Year's)?
(...)
On top of that, most of my Neighbors with the best stuff (e.g. Perturbee) haven't updated either, so if I did, I'd have to find another compatibly-Upgraded neighbor for the Neighbor challenges, too.
Aside the official information (about the Super Toddler Secret Mission quest starting on the 13th of August, unknown if that's a discovery or regular one) there isn't anything known yet.

You can visit older versions without any problems. I just visited my (DIY) town from a BabySteps test game.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

lollipop369 wrote:I got the exclamation point hover over my island lot trash can...but my mommy couldn't even kick it over! So came here to see if others were experiencing the same thing...and we end up getting different experiences. Will check starter house now...

Edit: when toggling back into the game, it finally allowed me to kick it, but seeing how it was the infant's mess, what a bug.
This update is very "buggy" :D

I'm hoping they sort it all out, it's a bit frustrating. I'm loving all the new content, but it seems everyone is having different experiences with many different things.

The invisible baby is very frustrating. Switching between a baby and adult sim is very glitchy. The constant popups saying babies can't move between floors without help. The swimming nanny, moving balconies, decorations penetrating an exterior wall, all tasks stopping for some, inability to whistle an infant over...well I could go on and on. :?

I'm hoping it all settles down. I'm trying to be patient since after all, this is a pretty major update. :D
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Perhaps they need to wait longer than six weeks between updates.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Yeah maybe. You'd think they would see and fix some of these problems during the testing.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

DelDel wrote:Yeah maybe. You'd think they would see and fix some of these problems during the testing.
I know. My game is completely broken.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

telemwill wrote:
DelDel wrote:Yeah maybe. You'd think they would see and fix some of these problems during the testing.
I've not yet updated & was looking forward to it. Now that I've heard about all the problems, I'm not sure if I want to. :cry: what do you mean your game is broken? Because there's so many bugs in the new update?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
telemwill wrote:
I've not yet updated & was looking forward to it. Now that I've heard about all the problems, I'm not sure if I want to. :cry: what do you mean your game is broken? Because there's so many bugs in the new update?
When I return to the game, all my Sims actions have stopped. I am trying some solutions now and did manage to get through three hours so far. I'll have to see if it continues to work.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

That's not good. Hope all the issues get resolved soon.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen: