Fashion hunter hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
snoodess
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Fashion hunter hobby

Post by snoodess »

i just unlocked this and wanted to know what to expect from those who have already completed it. I was able to get four sims doing it in my town and one in a neighbors. Is it a hard grid to fill? The makeup hobby was impossible to complete without spending a ton of LPs. That made me sad for those that didn't have them banked. I blew through a lot and was hoping to try and do this one real time as much as I can to save up again. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Fashion hunter hobby

Post by penlopej »

Yes, it is hard in my experience.I used 5 sims and in the end I used a lot of L.P's to finish it. Five and a half hours per task is so boring. I found that even with 5 sims I would only get one of of the items needed. This update has been the worst so far for me.
Good luck.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I haven't gotten to this yet, and the fishing hobby just started! I guess I will hold off until I have my rugs.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
snoodess
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by snoodess »

I finally finished it! I started the hobby again and the grid seems to fill more quickly but I'm not finished it yet. After the second time through I may never do it again. That was exasperating!
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Does this hobby unlock when all the stores are built on the second floor or is there another way it unlocks? Not sure I want to start it yet. Thanks in advance :)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie_58 wrote:Does this hobby unlock when all the stores are built on the second floor or is there another way it unlocks? Not sure I want to start it yet. Thanks in advance :)
It unlocks once you build the Fashion Hunter Bargain Center. The last 4 stores are unlocked by completing the rows of the fashion hunter hobby. I wasn't ready to start it right away, either. But I did all the requirements up to actually building the center and then started building it when I was ready. Perturbee has all the requirements for the second floor on her blog. Maybe seeing it all written down will help you plan. :) The places that are optional are not required for advancing in building the second floor.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

Thank you for replying Mockingbird288z :) Working on my game plan now :D
markmi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by markmi »

I really have to vent about this hobby. I got to level 5 and discovered that each 5 1/2 hour search only brings 5%. That is over four and a half days just to go from level 5 to level 6, and that is assuming you are there to start the next round. With a seven day limit for the entire quest it is clearly impossible to complete it without LP.

If you really want the skydiving, then be sure to have around 150 LP before you start. I focused on leveling up one sim and used LP to shorten each round. (1 LP with 1:59 left). I used four other sims to collect the items. Once I had everything except the last line I used LP to finish. I made it with half a day to spare.
FB: mark.sim.37853
GC: [Mark_Sim]

Quest house is in the lower left corner!
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Fashion hunter hobby

Post by Madlyaddicted »

I've only unlocked this hobby this week and have 7 days (?) to get the skydiver thing. It's looking impossible - just like all the other things like this! I've got the maximum number of Sims doing this non stop all day and am still nowhere near collecting all the items. It's the same with all the limited time hobby quests. You spend so long doing it and never getting anywhere that it puts you off ever doing it again! Why do I even play this game! Argh.
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

What a dreadful hobby. Nothing but repeats, I'm at level 4 but still haven't finished the first row! I want the stores or else I would say forget the whole thing. Screw you, ea!