[Discovery Quest] Extreme Home Takeover

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Discovery Quest] Extreme Home Takeover

Post by Simannity »

playsims wrote:It's in my weekly task. I just click the sign but you can just say no to the Terms of Agreement. The task would still be considered as done.

You mean you paid for LPs to skip the task?
Yes, stupid me :lol:
No harm done, I stocked up loads of LPs doing the woodworking hobby and levelling up sims.

Thank you Playsims, good to know you don't actually have to submit a house...
valtys
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valtys »

This was an easy quest to finish. I got the romantic bed, but for some reason, it is the last bed my Sims want to use to Woohoo in even if I put them right next to it! They would rather do it in the guest bed or even their teenage daughter's bed three floors down!
Gamecenter: oneleaftea
HFN's: 1 East Oceanside by Lighthouse: Has everything. Includes firepole!
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

valtys wrote:This was an easy quest to finish. I got the romantic bed, but for some reason, it is the last bed my Sims want to use to Woohoo in even if I put them right next to it! They would rather do it in the guest bed or even their teenage daughter's bed three floors down!
The sims use beds the same way they use sinks - they use the bed that was first added in the house; if that bed is busy, they go to the second bed that was added in the house, and so on. So the romantic bed was the last bed you added in the house, if you want them to woohoo in it you have to put other sims sleeping in the other beds or remove the other beds
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

sesinka wrote:
valtys wrote:The sims use beds the same way they use sinks - they use the bed that was first added in the house; if that bed is busy, they go to the second bed that was added in the house, and so on. So the romantic bed was the last bed you added in the house, if you want them to woohoo in it you have to put other sims sleeping in the other beds or remove the other beds
Thanks, this explains why in the Beachside Escape house my sims always used to walk right past 2 perfectly good sinks to do their dishes in the green kitchen. :roll:
valtys
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valtys »

sesinka wrote:
valtys wrote:This was an easy quest to finish. I got the romantic bed, but for some reason, it is the last bed my Sims want to use to Woohoo in even if I put them right next to it! They would rather do it in the guest bed or even their teenage daughter's bed three floors down!
The sims use beds the same way they use sinks - they use the bed that was first added in the house; if that bed is busy, they go to the second bed that was added in the house, and so on. So the romantic bed was the last bed you added in the house, if you want them to woohoo in it you have to put other sims sleeping in the other beds or remove the other beds
Ah, good to know. I removed the other beds. And then simply put the exact sames one back in. Solved the problem. Now the new romantic bed gets all the action.
Gamecenter: oneleaftea
HFN's: 1 East Oceanside by Lighthouse: Has everything. Includes firepole!
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

valtys wrote: The sims use beds the same way they use sinks - they use the bed that was first added in the house; if that bed is busy, they go to the second bed that was added in the house, and so on. So the romantic bed was the last bed you added in the house, if you want them to woohoo in it you have to put other sims sleeping in the other beds or remove the other beds
OMG, I've ALWAYS wondered why they did this and am so happy you revealed this. Now I'm wondering why I didn't figure this out... :?:
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Very observant of you. Sesinka. Always wondered about the sink thing & why the sims act rather peculiarly (at least to me). And now we know why. Thanks.
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

It was rather annoying, I was struggling with that when I first used the cooking hobby for LPs and've made a room with ovens & countertops & sinks for each sim, but the sims still wanted to use just one sink in the room. I got used to that in time, but I would still be happy if EA/FM change it to sims using the object closest to them
mahebes
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by mahebes »

sesinka wrote:It was rather annoying, I was struggling with that when I first used the cooking hobby for LPs and've made a room with ovens & countertops & sinks for each sim, but the sims still wanted to use just one sink in the room. I got used to that in time, but I would still be happy if EA/FM change it to sims using the object closest to them

I agree 100%. My guess is that they already have to have some built-in variables for the locations of different objects and the sims themselves. I wouldn't think it would be very difficult to define distance parameters and compare the distances of similar objects (like beds, or sinks, etc) when triggered/called/executed by certain actions. It would certainly add a lot of realism to the game.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Haha I have enjoyed reading this. I refreshed the kitchen in my own version of my beachside residence with the new urban kitchen units. I wondered why my sims were now walking miles to the sink in my own version of a utility room to wash the dishes A quick removal of the door to it has sorted that out! :lol:

Love the fact that someone always has the answer here
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)