Day 3 of "Lost at Sea"

Participate, organise or follow the challenges made up by players for players!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Day 3 of "Lost at Sea"

Post by Perturbee »

“These books are worthless, nothing about repairing engines.”

Eventually the loneliness from avoiding each other starts to kick in, they each feel bad and in need of some chatter. They make up and the atmosphere improves.

One of them finds some flour, sugar, vegetable oil and milk powder in the storage cupboards and decides to bake croissants to focus on getting something else to eat than microwave food.

- Get the relationship level to Friends.
- One Sim needs to be “On Hold with Tech Support” again, they're not giving up!
- One Sim needs to bake Croissants.
- Hobby as much as you like (or any other activities, but no career improvements yet).
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Day 3 of "Lost at Sea"

Post by Bixas »

Boat3.jpg
"Iamsonottalkingtohimiamsonottalkingtohimiamsonottalkingtohimiamsonot...talking to... wait, are those croissants I smell? Is this worth getting out of bed? I may need to think about this..."
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dilly »

Bixas wrote:
Boat3.jpg
"Iamsonottalkingtohimiamsonottalkingtohimiamsonottalkingtohimiamsonot...talking to... wait, are those croissants I smell? Is this worth getting out of bed? I may need to think about this..."
Ahh Fresh Croissants, the Pastry of Peace!
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

he talks and talks and talks and we are still stuck... well, maybe it's not all that bad, let's eat and think what's next.
d2_1.jpg
d2_1.jpg (28.63 KiB) Viewed 14289 times
d3_1.jpg
d3_2.jpg
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

paraphrased statement from a movie, plus a little.
people are like croissants, they have layers. and are a little flakey sometimes.
sorry ... couldn't resist. ill keep quiet now..
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Nothing like the smell of fresh croissants. Captain Crazy's mood rapidly improved when he noticed Cassandra's baking. He apologised for his bad behaviour the other day and explained it was probably him, although he didn't remember anything about snacking at midnight.
Once he had taken a bite of the croissants he seemed even more surprised, "Wow, these are amazing! I didn't realise we had the ingredients for them. Thank you, Cassandra!"
With their bellies filled and their spirits up a bit they went back to their tasks, calling for help and chasing away the boredom.
20130918_Make-Up-food.jpg
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

2013-09-17 08.11.42.jpg
2013-09-17 12.47.38.jpg
2013-09-17 12.40.34.jpg
2013-09-17 08.10.00.jpg
Herman, though still peeved with Lily, decides to share his chocolate pudding with her after all. Maybe he is awed by her beauty. Lily is very pleased, and remembers that she has an old family recipe for croissants. It takes a while to make, but the ingredients are all aboard ship. While Lily is cooking, Herman tries again to call for help and, then, tries to fix the broken part all to no avail. Kitty Dracula is discovered to have left the boat and is floating on some nearby debris. Fortunately, they are able to lure Kitty back in with the smell of croissants and avoid heartbreak.
"So this an old family recipe. You mother's?" asked Herman.
"My father's," says Lily. "I can't remember much about my mother. She died when I was young. My sis... Well, we don't talk about it."
"But you father is still living?" asked Herman. "What does he do?"
"Oh he is an inventor," says Lily. "Too bad he isn't here. He might be able to fix the ship. Then again, he might just blast a hole in the side of the ship. Sometimes Papa's inventions are a bit explosive."
"How old is your Father now, " asked Herman.
"Very old. Born in the 1300's. He's a vampire. Long life spans you know, " says Lily.
"A vampire! Does he bite?" asked Herman.
"Sometimes," Lily admits. "But you needn't worry. Papa's a ladies man. He's been married 167 times!"
"Are you also a-a vampire?' asks Herman, a little intrigued.
"No, not really. Not in appetite anyway, " says Lily. She brightens. "But I got his good looks!"
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Jessilynn83
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jessilynn83 »

After finding some ingredients in the pantry to make some croissants, Evelyn seemed to calm down quite a bit, and as soon as Kaiden smelled the food baking his mouth began to water. He hadn't eaten all morning and his mouth was a bit dry from being on the phone for so long. He decided to try and apologize to Evelyn for fear he might starve to death if he didn't.
" Hey Evelyn, I jus wanted to say I'm very sorry about the refrigerator. I've always been a bit of a midnight snacker." Kaiden said with a look of regret in his eyes.
Evelyn laughed and said," You look like your dog just died. It's okay. I totally overreacted this morning, but look I found some ingredients to make croissants." Evelyn said cheerfully. "They shouldn't be too long. You stay in here and keep me company?"
Kaiden's eyes opened wide in surprise, so he stood in the kitchen and they talked about everything and began to find out that they had more in common then they first thought. Then the conversation continued at the table where the croissants quickly started to disappear, and a friendship really began to blossom.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
bmb_SFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bmb_SFP »

Tia felt thoroughly miserable as she sat there struggling to eat her microwave noodles. I need some real food, I need a friend she thought sadly. As she had got up that morning and came into the main area of the boat, Ricardo had strolled past her into the bedroom and gone to sleep. They'd not spoken since that awful row. Not really knowing what else to do Tia decided to rummage through the cupboards, oh some flour, a couple of eggs hidden behind yet more noodles... Let me think, my Nana was always baking, let me see if I can remember her croissants recipe...

Tia was so engrossed in her baking she didn't hear the bedroom door open at first. She was a bit startled when a voice behind her started saying "hello, hello, can you hear me?". Ricardo was awake and trying once more to raise the coastguard. He wasn't having much luck Tia mused, pretending she couldn't hear him. He sounded so fed up she thought, she could hear his stomach growling, and thought maybe if I apologise we can start over.

As she reached into the oven to retrieve the croissants, she heard him put the solar phone down with a sigh. "There's enough here for both of us" she said, placing the croissants onto the table. "I'm sorry" they both said at once, each letting out an embarrassed laugh. "Can we start over" said Ricardo, "we can put the past days down to stress but I hate this, I don't want us to be enemies". "Me neither" said Tia, "come on lets eat while they are still warm".

They talked and ate and soon found themselves laughing. They enjoyed each others company and found despite their different backgrounds they were kindred spirits in many ways.

Having cleaned up the galley, they chatted and laughed some more. Ricardo said, "I couldn't help noticing you didn't have much joy with the woodwork table before, can I have a go and see if I can make anything". Tia laughed "you're right I don't think that a lump of wood with a bent nail will get us far but it did make good fuel for the stove! I think I will try my hand at sewing, I did some at school and I really could use a change of clothes. I think I will see if I can use that old jacket of mine and make a new top."

Now friends they were contented as they worked away, funny the day had gone so much faster now the bad atmosphere had lifted.
https://www.facebook.com/gayle.hope1

Fire boat at 2 fortune docks with fire pole and hoses. HFN at 1 & 4 West Oceanside with all required items for social goals including pets & fribees! Haunted house at 20 Westside with all ghost hunting items.