[TUTORIAL] Professions Training/Specialization Training

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [TUTORIAL] Professions Training

Post by TBD-36 »

Oscar wrote:That sounds like quite a lot of work...
How many levels are there for the workstations? Cause I really hope that it will be possible to finish those soon...
As far as I can tell the workstations can be upgraded indefinitely, like the island monuments. I have upgraded one to level 11 or 12.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Oscar wrote:That sounds like quite a lot of work...
How many levels are there for the workstations? Cause I really hope that it will be possible to finish those soon...
I know the surveillance van, front desk, and training center go up to level 20. Not sure about the squad car, jail cell, and the other areas but I would think they would also be level 20.

And by "up to" I mean stop at. Squad car and interview room indeed stop at 20.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

This is without the Police 2 update. If you have installed the update 2, it does not apply. It appears in my game on android that level 6 investigator task in interview room is like desk task ... it does not add to sims served count if is final task for a customer. So keep in mind, depending on your play strategy, that desk and interview room do not add to count while gym and van do.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

What is the fastest way to reach level 6?

I've been playing for 4 days now and even when I've finished a couple of shift earlier my sims haven't even gotten to level 3. They just go, do their shift, upgrade the desk, the van and the gym (I still don't see the point. The only thing I see is that the time of some taks gets reduced when these places are updated) and that's it. I go to work with two sims at a time.

Thanks in advance :)
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

calleighwolfe wrote:What is the fastest way to reach level 6?

I've been playing for 4 days now and even when I've finished a couple of shift earlier my sims haven't even gotten to level 3. They just go, do their shift, upgrade the desk, the van and the gym (I still don't see the point. The only thing I see is that the time of some taks gets reduced when these places are updated) and that's it. I go to work with two sims at a time.

If you work with two Sims at a time, they won't get as much XP. The Sims counter is always the same for both of them, hence you don't help 25 Sims each.

I've only started level 4 with the first of my Sims, the others are still stuck on level 2. They got stuck in a task (at least one of them did) and I couldn't finish the shift due to that

And if you upgrade the stuff, you'll get more coins and more XP as well! That's all I know
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

You know, it's kind of ironic. I complained bitterly to myself about the pressure of all the recent time limited quests and special events. Now EA gives us a nice, pressure free thing I can work on a little at a time, and I want it to all happen faster.
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

[quote="SKatF"]Now EA gives us a nice, pressure free thing I can work on a little at a time, and I want it to all happen faster.[/quote]

Hmm, it's not nice and pressure free, it's boring. So I don't think they made the right choice this time, again. If they go on like this, either time pressure like hell, yes impossible to finish in time even, or boring to death, I will quit, regardless of over 3 years regular playing and many many hours and money wasted.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by calleighwolfe »

Oscar wrote:

If you work with two Sims at a time, they won't get as much XP. The Sims counter is always the same for both of them, hence you don't help 25 Sims each.

I've only started level 4 with the first of my Sims, the others are still stuck on level 2. They got stuck in a task (at least one of them did) and I couldn't finish the shift due to that

And if you upgrade the stuff, you'll get more coins and more XP as well! That's all I know
Thank you Oscar! :)

Do you mean normal XP or those green XP I've seen when they complete some of those police tasks? What are those green XP for? Do they help us to level the sims up? Cause I'm in level 55 so I don't think the blue xp are very useful right now :lol:
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
TinyMetalhead
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TinyMetalhead »

calleighwolfe wrote:
Oscar wrote:

Thank you Oscar! :)

Do you mean normal XP or those green XP I've seen when they complete some of those police tasks? What are those green XP for? Do they help us to level the sims up? Cause I'm in level 55 so I don't think the blue xp are very useful right now :lol:
The green xp are work xp and contribute to leveling up the Sims work experience.

I send my four cops to work in staggered shifts. That way, they each get progress and I stay busy. They're leveling up slowly but they're getting there. I used some lp to level up my workstations but I'm not that close to the new ones yet. The more work xp from leveling them up seems to be speeding it up though.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I have noticed one of my two sims working is leveling up faster than the other one, I compared the two sims putting them to the tasks giving more work xp. Is this normal? The slower sim is the one who made the training.