Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

Post by mockingbird288z »

A topic to discuss the different marketplace events in the Halloween update.

We will use the same topic for all the events (minus the first one, of course) since we can all be after different prizes.

I saved a market token from the previous event and I still have it!

And I still have the market slot I paid 50SPs for in the first event. :D
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kaylew33
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

Post by kaylew33 »

Does anyone know if you can choose a different event after you've already started yours....I didn't know there were different ones to choose from but I already started mine for the living teddy bear....
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

I have a courier in each workplace!
That is, 3 couriers at the same time, one in each workplace.

Just to let people know that's possible.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I have the box I paid for too. I have made a good progress in the workplaces so I hope the bar fills quicker than the last event.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I have the box I paid for too :) I'm considering buying the next one for 100sp since this looks like it will be a regular thing.

I'm annoyed though because last night I got 2 couriers and had started them doing tasks but went to bed before they could finish. I was under the impression that I'd just be able to continue with them during the next day/shifts but apparently not. One was in my police station and so my shift was ended when I got up. The other one was in the hospital where my shift was still ongoing. They disappeared after I clicked the bubbles. And I'm sure that I had been able to do that during the boom camera event.

Luckily though 2 new ones came so I get to start them again. So at least all is not lost.
Alarik
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Alarik »

I didn´t read about a way to change grand price, so It´s Wedding Bundle for me - looks like clothes. We´ll see, if I finish this time. My work places aren´t completed yet so I don´t get many points. :(
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Hmm...this event appears to be for obtaining an event item you missed out on previously. I haven't missed anything, so my "prize" is a time extension token. I'm not participating in this one, even though I wouldn't mind having the pink shag rugs, because I'm still trying to finish my movie studio and the last event really depleted my resources. Also, my police station is only at 17% and I don't even have the bridge built to downtown, so I don't have the hospital.

It's nice to know, though, that courier points carry over, so I can at least do a few couriers. Wish I had known this earlier, as I had a courier in my police station, but I ignored it since I wasn't planning to participate to get the prizes. But, if I can save up 3 courier points for the next event, that would be helpful.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

JKCher wrote:I have the box I paid for too :) I'm considering buying the next one for 100sp since this looks like it will be a regular thing.

I'm annoyed though because last night I got 2 couriers and had started them doing tasks but went to bed before they could finish. I was under the impression that I'd just be able to continue with them during the next day/shifts but apparently not. One was in my police station and so my shift was ended when I got up. The other one was in the hospital where my shift was still ongoing. They disappeared after I clicked the bubbles. And I'm sure that I had been able to do that during the boom camera event.

Luckily though 2 new ones came so I get to start them again. So at least all is not lost.
I believe if you leave and the courier is on the last task and the finish time is before the countdown you get the token.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

JakeSim wrote:
JKCher wrote:I have the box I paid for too :) I'm considering buying the next one for 100sp since this looks like it will be a regular thing.

I believe if you leave and the courier is on the last task and the finish time is before the countdown you get the token.
Ah okay, I did have more than one task to do. I'll keep that in mind for next time.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I went ahead and bought the last two slots. 350SP total but it's already made quite the difference! I started the event about 6 hours ago and I'm at 34,363 points and unlocked the first two prizes. To me it's worth it as a one time price. It wouldn't have been worth it to have to keep repaying every time. All my workplaces are 100% complete but I don't think that bonus helps as much as just having more market slots.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update