[EVENT] Country Homestead (Woodworking)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] Country Homestead (Woodworking)

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

The furniture is really nice. I love the windows and the doors.

But I'm not sure how I'm going to enjoy decorating my house with this horrible homestore lag. :/

I'll save this until the next update.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

While working on this event I watched the leveling up percentages for new woodworkers at my main town.
Without the bonus of the Ancient Goddess they get:
Level 1 to Level 2: 23% (5 hour); 72% (12.5 hour)
Level 2 to Level 3: 19% (5 hour); 60% (12.5 hour)
Level 3 to Level 4: 15% (5 hour); 48% (12.5 hour)
Level 4 to Level 5: 11% (5 hour); 36% (12.5 hour)
Level 5 to Level 6: 7% (5 hour); 22% (12.5 hour)

The non-event percentages are mentioned by Leah here.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote:The furniture is really nice. I love the windows and the doors.

But I'm not sure how I'm going to enjoy decorating my house with this horrible homestore lag. :/

I'll save this until the next update.
Same. :C The lag is intollerable. Decorating houses was my favourite thing to do in the game and now i'm just... sad. Busy with woodworking but still sad, somewhere deep in my interior-decorating-loving soul. :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Wolfsimmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Wolfsimmer »

ErinPW wrote:While working on this event I watched the leveling up percentages for new woodworkers at my main town.
Without the bonus of the Ancient Goddess they get:
Level 1 to Level 2: 23% (5 hour); 72% (12.5 hour)
Level 2 to Level 3: 19% (5 hour); 60% (12.5 hour)
Level 3 to Level 4: 15% (5 hour); 48% (12.5 hour)
Level 4 to Level 5: 11% (5 hour); 36% (12.5 hour)
Level 5 to Level 6: 7% (5 hour); 22% (12.5 hour)

The non-event percentages are mentioned by Leah here.
So it is better to do the 12 hour option? Gotcha!
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

Just a heads up, the counters are expensive. The Homestead White counters are 10,500 (on sale, regularly 15,000 so it says) and the Homestead Sink Light is 14,175 (20,250). These are the counters from the fourth pack. The doors and windows have been reasonably priced. Not looking forward to seeing the prices of the next packs though.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Why do the leveling up percentages matter? I know that you used to have to unlock everything, but even with no woodworkers in my town for months (over a year?) everything remains unlocked.

As far as the event goes, after two days with 13 woodworkers going non-stop, I have unlocked one set.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ellasweet wrote:Why do the leveling up percentages matter? I know that you used to have to unlock everything, but even with no woodworkers in my town for months (over a year?) everything remains unlocked.

As far as the event goes, after two days with 13 woodworkers going non-stop, I have unlocked one set.
The leveling percentages really only matter for those who haven't ever gotten a sim to level 6 before. Other than that it's just a nice perk for anyone doing the hobby during the event. (The sims level faster, so they get to level 6 faster and each sim gets 1LP for getting to level 6 again).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Thanks for explaining mockingbird. I feel for those who have to unlock level six during the limited time! I'm not worrying about leveling up sims faster to get that 1LP as no doubt all of them will get there by the time I've gotten all of the prizes. Still only have the one prize and my woodworkers are close to being level 3 now. Also just got the news that the police marketplace will start tomorrow, so I'm going to have to pull some of my woodworkers and put them back into the police force (or kill off some pre teens and toddlers to make room for more adults to use during the challenges, but i don't want to do that).
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
ellasweet wrote:Why do the leveling up percentages matter? I know that you used to have to unlock everything, but even with no woodworkers in my town for months (over a year?) everything remains unlocked.

The leveling percentages really only matter for those who haven't ever gotten a sim to level 6 before. Other than that it's just a nice perk for anyone doing the hobby during the event. (The sims level faster, so they get to level 6 faster and each sim gets 1LP for getting to level 6 again).

Thanks Erin & Leah! I just spent 90 LP's since none of my Sims have gotten to level 6 in the woodworking before. He's at level 6, but the grid isn't full. Does he have to fill the grid, or just get to level 6? This happened with my hair event too. None of the sims were filling the grid, until one Sim has already gotten to level 6, but I can't remember if they need to fill the grid also.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:

Thanks Erin & Leah! I just spent 90 LP's since none of my Sims have gotten to level 6 in the woodworking before. He's at level 6, but the grid isn't full. Does he have to fill the grid, or just get to level 6? This happened with my hair event too. None of the sims were filling the grid, until one Sim has already gotten to level 6, but I can't remember if they need to fill the grid also.
Once you get a sim to level 6 it unlocks the last two spaces in the grid. After that any sim, no matter their level, can get any item on the grid. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update