[LIVE EVENT] French Romance Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Oh_my_hat
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by Oh_my_hat »

Can anyone suggest how to get more constructor coins? I've unlocked almost everything but dont think i can get there with the coins
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

alsie27 wrote: 06 Feb 2017, 20:57 I was surprised that my event was progressing seemingly pretty quickly, I only have a couple of prizes left to collect even though I haven't been playing super often or using any SP. But now I see here that people are getting different amounts to collect... I guess I was lucky for once. It's good, because there were some other events recently that really frustrated me and I got very few of the prizes (like the aerobics one, grr...).
I spoke too soon - my event time is coming to an end in a few hours and I don't have enough social points to buy the last three prizes. :cry: I have mostly gotten just a couple of them per spin and didn't get 125 even once. I have enough of the other resources to buy at least two of the prizes, maybe all. How frustrating!
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by atreya »

The event just ended for me. The grace period, in which you can buy the remaining prizes, is only 3 days for this event, not 7.

Just one more day and I would have finished. Now I got all but the last prize, the fountain. I need to pay 85 SP for the fountain. I still got 40 SP so I guess I'll spin for SP's over the next few days.
Nkara
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nkara »

Ugh, I thought I was going to be fine but I have only the fountain left and it will cost me 562 SP to unlock and then I'll also get the house... I have 525 SP, is it worth it? Argh, 3 days to make up my mind!

And I assume we can expect that the items that are in the house but not unlocked during the event will be available in the store soon...
Game Center: Luckymoneyfrog
HFN on 22 Westside (starter house)
Penguvader
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Penguvader »

I am very disappointed with this event, i had max sims working the entire time and i still need to spend 487 SP to get the chateau which in real terms would mean spending £48.99 which is so excessive I can't even begin to convince myself to spend that much. Frankly the game makers seem to be very greedy compared to other games i play and that just makes me less and less likely to spend real money. Now i know I can't complete these events even with max sims working i will just resign myself to never getting the main prize and keep my hard earned cash for games that don't take the mickey so much.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

alsie27 wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 07:33 I don't have enough social points to buy the last three prizes.
I meant constructor coins... thought error here, though it's true I didn't have a lot of social points either to make up for the needed coins.
Wastingtime
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Wastingtime »

I'm relatively new to Sims, so can someone explain what the rules of the grace period are? Will crafting stations and spin plants work so you can buy things that are unlocked, or is it purely a money to buy SPs to get the last items you haven't already crafted/missing cc situation. Like so many others, I had unlocked everything, but the house, but got stuck on having enough ccs to buy the last big items. I ran 100% around the clock with the whole town, so it seemed like you either had to cheat, use real money, or have years worth of SPs banked to get the house.
SaltyFrog75
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SaltyFrog75 »

I haven't been playing very long and because I had to wait a whole day before purchasing the second Glass Crafter (due to lack of funds), there is no way I will finish this event. :( I did go ahead and purchase the fountain in advance of the Crepe Cart, Gourmet Tasting, and Lover's Portrait Painting because I liked it the best. I figure I be able to unlock perhaps 2 out of the 3 remaining gifts. Oh, well.
SaltyFrog75
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SaltyFrog75 »

Oh_my_hat wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 06:03 Can anyone suggest how to get more constructor coins? I've unlocked almost everything but dont think i can get there with the coins
Have you been spinning for them with the candles you've collected? It is 450 candles per spin to win constructor coins.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Wastingtime wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 14:32 I'm relatively new to Sims, so can someone explain what the rules of the grace period are? Will crafting stations and spin plants work so you can buy things that are unlocked, or is it purely a money to buy SPs to get the last items you haven't already crafted/missing cc situation. Like so many others, I had unlocked everything, but the house, but got stuck on having enough ccs to buy the last big items. I ran 100% around the clock with the whole town, so it seemed like you either had to cheat, use real money, or have years worth of SPs banked to get the house.
Crafting stations won't be useable in the grace period. I'm not sure about the spin plants but I think they are also unusable. The grace period really is designed to make players spend or buy SPs to get anything else they needed.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update