French Romance Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: French Romance Update - Marketplace Events

Post by atreya »

I didn't really want to do another marketplace event so soon, but i'm offered chance to win a living teddybear for 60 600. So I'll try to finish this one.
Labellevie88
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Labellevie88 »

Is it normal to have a new marketplace event every few weeks? I just started playing in January. So many events are exhausting! I've skipped all the market place ones because I'm using my resources to try to build up my police and hospital stations.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Another time extension....I've lost track of how many I have. I'm only going as far as the rugs.
Updated town info in profile
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

I got the Samurai Armor. Doing this event for the rugs only.

I had an embarrassment of riches concerning the market tokens. I had 2 left over from the previous event. At each workplace, a courier arrived immediately, which has never happened. Fortunately, I had requests initially for the 2 tokens I already had, so I would have room for the three my Sims were working on. Then, at the Movie Studio, another courier showed up IMMEDIATELY after I had finished with the previous courier. This has NEVER happened to me before. Fortunately, I had another request for a market token, so I had room again for this 4th courier request.
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

I got a time extension token for 78,000 with a Japanese fountain, expensive brown sink, and green stripe rugs (kind of brownish looking all over).
Attachments
IMG_0048.PNG
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I don't even like the rugs this time! Tan circles. Blech. 45,600 points for a dragon statue. I'm sort of half-heartedly doing the event but it's sad when the only thing to get excited about is monument resources.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I have 3 games. This time: Time extension token, Samuri, and fondue set. I already have all of these. The rugs are hideous and so I won't be bothering. I have only once had the romantic sleepwear which is something I would actually like. I suspect that these events are just fillers while other events like the Homestead event are repeated.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I have the fondue set for 53,400 tokens. I'm happy about that because the other day, I wanted to put a fondue set in my French chateau and for some reason I thought I'd already won one in the marketplace event and had in inventory. Well it was wishful thinking on my part lol. So apparently they read my mind and decided to give this to me as prize, because I sure don't want to spend 150sp on it!
legna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by legna »

I have the Living Teddy bear and my daughter has the owl - she really wanted that owl so I'm doing my best to get it for her.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

Robocat as the grand prize. No thank you. I'd be down for the Blue Circle rugs (second to last) but there's absolutely no way I'll get there in these few days.