Nectar-making is SUCH FUN!

Moderator: Sims 3 Moderators

PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Nectar-making is SUCH FUN!

Post by PalmArrow »

It's Leisure Day in Riverview. The garden has begun to take shape.

Miranda, Stevie and Gary visit the summer festival at The Cannery.

Miranda and Gary decide to take part in the hot dog-eating contest. "Mmm, hot dogs," Miranda is thinking.

But Gary doesn't like it. He sees cooking as a form of art; food should be prepared and eaten with respect. Although he's hungry, he gives up and goes away.

"Don't be such a food snob, Gary!" Miranda says. She wins the contest and gets a week's supply of hot dogs.
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

She tries rollerskating later, but it doesn't go nearly as well.

As the evening starts to fall, Gary approaches Miranda a little awkwardly.
"Um... I've been offered an opportunity at work. If I dine there with a friend outside my work hours, I'll be nearer to my first promotion. So... would you... it's not a date, of course."
"Of course not!" Miranda quickly says. "Because that would be yucky!"

Gary is a little taken aback at the "yucky", but he adds:
"And I would really like to show you that food can be a work of art. So, what do you say?"
"Yes, please!"

So they spend a pleasant evening at the Bistro. It's Totally Not A Date, but they have a very good time and the food is delicious.
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

The next morning - a Sunday - the garden is almost grown.

Stevie goes to the consignment shop in town.

She and Miranda had harvested some crops at the Nectary. The fruit is all stored for future nectar-making, but Stevie now consigns most of the vegetables.

While Gary is at work, Miranda and Stevie brave the afternoon rain, because the garden needs weeding.

While they are working, they get good news: all of the vegetables Stevie consigned have been sold. They earn their first 69 simoleons, and both girls get promoted in their self-employed gardener jobs.
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

But working outside in the rain is risky: Stevie is feeling ill and has to go inside and warm herself.

Time for entertaining guests! Penny, Tilly, and Tilly's fiance Don Lothario are coming for dinner. Look at Don's glowing eyes! It seems that womanising is not his only dark secret.

Don has the Attractive Company thought cloud... but is it for his fiancee, or for one of the other ladies present? Miranda's mother Penny is the one standing closest to him.

Stevie and Miranda have a short, panicked conversation.
"Did you know he was a vampire? Do vampires even eat autumn salad?"
"Well, he'll have to! We're not going to offer him any blood!"

Don doesn't touch the autumn salad but, thankfully, doesn't attack anyone either.
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

Miranda's mum inspects the interior decorating.
"Hmm, it's almost shabby chic! Well, I don't know about the chic, but it's certainly shabby, ha ha! Such fun!"

And Don definitely is interested in Penny. During all this, Gary comes home from work and sits down to eat. He is too tired to even notice how awkward this dinner has been.

But now that it's over, there is a harvest to look forward to tomorrow!
cwaddell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by cwaddell »

Love your makeover of Riverview. I'm enjoying your story/game.
Dreamerz13
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dreamerz13 »

The garden is coming along so nicely, that's great. (and I had totally forgotten gardening could be an actual self-employed career lol, and this is very useful information).

Haha, poor Gary with Miranda's "yucky" comment. I'm glad they had a good time though.

Somehow, I'm not surprised Don is interested in somebody other than his fiancee. My first thought was "he probably thinks they're ALL attractive company." lol.
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

You got them to sit together at the same table while 'not on a date'! Impressive. :D This is a great story.
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

Many thanks, cwaddel, Dreamerz13 and ZeeGee! :)

Here is the next part:

It's time for the first harvest.

After a part of the harvest is set aside for nectar-making and seed, Stevie consigns the rest.

Miranda, who has the childish trait, entertains herself with toys from an old box the previous owners left.
PalmArrow
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PalmArrow »

Stevie rests by the fire; she is still feeling a little ill. But good news comes from the consignment shop: a lot of the produce has been bought.

Miranda makes a batch of lemon-and-orange nectar at the nectary. She has fun doing it, but it turns out to be not such a good recipe.

Overnight, the summer changes into autumn. It's a lovely morning, but the hardships of living on a farm are about to hit them all at once.

Sleeping on the cheapest beds, preparing food on a cheap stove and keeping it in a cheap fridge has its toll on their moods.

Stevie is feeling better today, but Miranda has woken up feeling ill, and they can't afford flu shots yet.