All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SarahBeth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Dream Daycare Live Event

Post by SarahBeth »

SimMutt wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 22:24
You must be exhausted! I'm just doing this one thing -- no teen sign or ghosties to worry about. I don't know how you manage. At least we know they'll repeat these things so there's a bit less pressure.

The stupid thing is that it'll be over one day and I'll be 'right, what's the next thing??' I forget how bad it is so quickly :roll:
Strangely enough I'm not. I don't participate in every event and reading SFP sites has helped a lot. I'm much smarter now.

Although I have multiple things going on my game is structured in a way that allows me to go all in for an event without sacrificing income or other goals in the process. There's also the limitation of craft devices which makes this possible. And I've done this without spending a dime or purchasing Lara. The knowledge that they'll be another go round keeps things in perspective. Plus I've earned a few freebies for the sign in the process. :D
SarahBeth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SarahBeth »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 22:40
The tidy tots cubicles are just decorative but I think they add a really nice touch to any daycare/nursery/playroom. With all the toys in/on them they have a sort of "lived in" look.

The coloring tables are just for coloring but the chairs that come with it can be used separately. I really like the coloring tables! They are probably my favorite from this event. The actions look so cute!
Thank you. I've been debating about them both and I think I'll add them to my game. Your room looks nice and very cheery! :)
SarahBeth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SarahBeth »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 01:05
I'm not sure if the stocked uses would stay if you left your stations on a home lot. They might get depleted anyway when the event is over.
I can confirm that the remaining stock doesn't disappear. I kept mine behind the house on the lots and the inventory was still there when the event began. Repurchasing would be the ideal way to go if the remaining stock is less than a new unit would provide. However, it doesn't go uncompensated. We receive money in exchange for the unused stock at the end of the 'decision period.'
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 01:05 I sold mine from the French Romance event right before updating to the Day Care update. That way I could buy new ones with some stocked uses.

I'm not sure if the stocked uses would stay if you left your stations on a home lot. They might get depleted anyway when the event is over.
I don't mind buying new ones with stocked uses, as long as they only require simoleons. I had in the back of my mind that in previous events, the last stations cost SP's, so I want to avoid that if possible.
bouges
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bouges »

Is it better to use SP's as the one for one trade off for collector coins or take the 20 SP spin? I'm finding that the spins are uhhhh, suspect and rarely rarely worth it. Ugh, just realized the spins are even worse costing 25 SP's :cry:
Alarik
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Alarik »

I really like this event. I´ll manage tu unlock only about half of the prices. At least now, we know that everything comes back lately.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

bouges wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 04:18 Is it better to use SP's as the one for one trade off for collector coins or take the 20 SP spin? I'm finding that the spins are uhhhh, suspect and rarely rarely worth it. Ugh, just realized the spins are even worse costing 25 SP's :cry:
Now I'm down to just needing CCs it's clear that 1SP equates to 1CC if you're using SP to buy resources. Not sure if this helps you decide??

I've found that the ordinary spins from the candles has worked well enough but that might be sheer good luck/bloody-mindedness.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Butterfly wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 15:08
+.jana.+ wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 14:32 By the way, can the playground template be used also on a regular (non-premium) lot? I will need to demolish one of the existing houses to build that, but I'd prefer sacrificing a regular lot only to be honest...
Yes it can be used on a standard lot. I just built one.
How much room does the playground take up/how much is left to build your daycare on?
Updated town info in profile
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 01:05 I sold mine from the French Romance event right before updating to the Day Care update. That way I could buy new ones with some stocked uses.

I had an odd few craft tables on lots left over from the French Romance Event. The stocks that were left over on those tables were still there when this event started :)
I haven't been playing so much lately so the leftover craft tables wasn't deliberate on my part, they were on lots I haven't visited since the last event.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 16:55 [....]
How much room does the playground take up/how much is left to build your daycare on?
The playground is outside the grid, like the waterfall behind the Spa.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View