All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [EVENT] Party Time Live Event

Post by randy_thrandy »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 10:56
Ah, that's good to hear. The events and updates are coming like a bullet, it's hard for me to keep up with them.

How's your situation so far? Now that they've stopped windows update, did you start a new game on another device?

I couldn't imagine the frustration having to start over.
I feel you 100% :D i mean it's not like we have our own lives and uni and jobs and shit to keep up with aside from doing all the events :D

Why,, thank you for asking! ^w^I managed to get my game on the windows phone back after the unfortunate (self-caused) mashup and ... i've left it alone for a while now, been busy with exams. I also have another android game that's barely past level 30 and i'm trying to do a bit of work for each event ... just for the kicks but it's p. frustrating since it's just giving mg the taste of what i'm missing out on :D I would've loved to have the party furniture and stuff in my WP game, some really nasty party animals amongst that lot of sims. :lol:
The worst thing is, i have hundreds of SPs and LPs saved in the WP game whilst the android one has under 10 of both and it's a constant battle with the spin plants to get more of SPs for the events. :D that's a very unlicky bunch of gardeners i have in that game, they never manage to grow more than 30SPs, like, at all. :roll:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Frozen sim warning!
I just encountered a little weirdity with the update so thought I'd post here in case anyone else has the same problem.
There's always a "use the spinplant to win constructor coins" task near the start of these events. After I did that, the sim I used was frozen and listed as "gardening" on the simtracker. I feared she might be frozen until the next update or something as going to another location then returning didn't help, but I exited the game then re-opened it and she was ok. Phew!
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Mimlady I have been having this frozen sim issue since the last update. It happens with both the constructor coin patch and when I use the SP spin plant on a regular patch. I was hoping it would be fixed with this update. It's a pain but thankfully is resolved by force closing the game and opening it again.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 10:47 Any comparison about the numbers of candles/jewelry needed versus the previous events?

Lower or just about the same amount?

I'm unable to update right now, but it's not a problem if I update my game one or two days later right?
The total requirements are listed in the opening post and no one has said they have anything different. You can see the requirements for each prize in the screenshots of the prizes in the opening post. The opening posts for the other two live events are structured the exact same way if you are wanting to make a comparison.

The jewelry, glassware, and CC's have considerably lower requirements. But we also have 8 days instead of 11 for the Daycare event and 12 for the French Romance event.

There's also less prizes. The French Romance event had 14 packs and the Daycare event had 12 packs while the Party Time event has 10. And each pack in the Party Time event has less items in it. There are more packs where it is only one item and the most items that comes in one pack is three this time.

So overall, less requirements, yes. But also less prizes and less time to complete it.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SarahBeth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SarahBeth »

mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 05:38
No, I made a point to purposefully not finish the event while my sims restocked all of my stations last time and then paid SP for the two glassware stations as a test. I definitely had fully stocked candle stations at the end of the Daycare event and they all only had 1 stocked use at the beginning of this event.
Oh, I see. I finished the event and the stock that remained in the stations is what I started with. What platform is your test game on?
SarahBeth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: April update - Dance Party Update

Post by SarahBeth »

mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 05:49
My main game on my iPad Pro also doesn't have Lara Craft or her sign anywhere. My second game on my iPhone 7 has her and the free 24 hour offer. My test game on a Galaxy Tab 2 does not have her or her sign. I've never purchased her before.
I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus on the beta platform. I have never purchased her either and there were no notifications in the game that the preview was available. It was simply a mistaken click.

Perhaps the offer is device specific.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

I don't have Laura Craft either.

I did purchase her previously.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SarahBeth wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 13:35
mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 05:38
No, I made a point to purposefully not finish the event while my sims restocked all of my stations last time and then paid SP for the two glassware stations as a test. I definitely had fully stocked candle stations at the end of the Daycare event and they all only had 1 stocked use at the beginning of this event.
Oh, I see. I finished the event and the stock that remained in the stations is what I started with. What platform is your test game on?
This was a test of my main game on my iPad Pro. All my candle stations were on the same lot and no matter which one I tapped on during the tutorial they all only had 1 stock left and after the tutorial they didn't get the other 8 stocked uses back. In testing I found all the other craft stations kept their stocked uses including the glassware I paid SP to restock last time (to test if they would keep the 18 uses for the next event).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

Oscar wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 05:39 I'm wondering about one thing: are we given a choice on whether we'd like to purchase Lara in the end? Cause I definitely don't want to - yet it might just force you to pay if you aren't careful enough and delete her when necessary? Or does she disappear automatically after 24h?
i sure do hope there's a notice or sth after the 24h have run out and you're offered to either buy her or let her go. does anyone know for sure?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

bluebeariscool wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 12:07 Mimlady I have been having this frozen sim issue since the last update. It happens with both the constructor coin patch and when I use the SP spin plant on a regular patch. I was hoping it would be fixed with this update. It's a pain but thankfully is resolved by force closing the game and opening it again.
I had the same problem. I think I just switched houses and was fine. No problems in this update yet but I've only used the coin patch 2-3x.